New Beauty Test Tube - 2nd quarter (April, May, June)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one shipped already (today), even though I just placed the order on Wednesday and they said it would take 3-4 weeks for delivery.. apparently NOT so YEY!

I got mine the other day and think it's great value. The body creme is very decadent and I love the face and hair products. Haven't tried the BB creme yet but am looking forward to it.

While waiting for an invite from Birchbox I joined this. I loved the tube. I thought it was a great value with great products. I gave away the Fluide because I hated the scent, but it was a great product. And I disagree on QVC tube- I don't think their products as high end as these. I just got the first Birchbox and was very disappointed. I think I'll be canceling. The quarterly thing is better because you get better products less often- that's more for me. I didn't like the birch box at all. I loved the test-tube.

The Dr Brandt BB cream was missing from my tube, replaced with something else. I emailed them, hoping I can return it for my money back. That was the main thing I wanted, I dont care for anything else other than the skin ceutical samples. I wish they would have at least told me they didnt have it and given me the option to cancel my order. 

The red eyeliner and silver eye shadow were particularly disappointing. IMO the QVC test tube is way better than this one. 

I love the Plum liner and the silver Mally eyeshadow stick. Did you tube fall apart on you? When I opened my box to remove it both ends popped off and everything spilled out. I did notice I got two perfume samples not one and two SkinCeuticals and three SpaLook promo codes (aka "gift cards").

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Dr Brandt BB cream was missing from my tube, replaced with something else. I emailed them, hoping I can return it for my money back. That was the main thing I wanted, I dont care for anything else other than the skin ceutical samples. I wish they would have at least told me they didnt have it and given me the option to cancel my order. 
Just an update, they did offer me a refund. I will remain a customer since I really didnt expect they would do that. Great customer service, I am impressed.

Just an update, they did offer me a refund. I will remain a customer since I really didnt expect they would do that. Great customer service, I am impressed.

Mine was too!

The Perlier was replaced, too. Not happy. I got a blackhead removal mask and a cheap-feeling  body wash. Not happy.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was too!

The Perlier was replaced, too. Not happy. I got a blackhead removal mask and a cheap-feeling  body wash. Not happy.

I got the same things :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was upset as well

I was super upset with my BB cream sample in mine! It was filthy, looked stepped on a few times, and had almost no product left in it. Should I email them? I was all kinds of upset/sad about it.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was super upset with my BB cream sample in mine! It was filthy, looked stepped on a few times, and had almost no product left in it. Should I email them? I was all kinds of upset/sad about it.
I would email them, they should replace it or more than likely they will send you another sample of equal value.

They basically just gave me a list of excuses with no offer to make things right, noting that I am just one of tens of thousands of customers.  I pointed out to them that they least they could have done was put a note of apology in the tube or contacted me to offer me the option to cancel since I ordered based on what was on the site. I wasn't terribly nice in my second email. I asked for a 20% refund since I figure 20% of my tube is useless to me. I got a little sharp because it really doesn't take much to drop a note in a box because it was my first and  when I ordered, that order was based on what is reflected on the website. The CS basically made me feel that since I was not a subscriber, they didn't particularly care to rectify the situation.

I am more relaxed with the Birchbox style surprise boxes. And when Beauty Army ran out of some things, they in fact contacted the customers (Zadi was one I believe) and tried to fix it. All it takes is a little proactive CS and things are very easily smoothed over for most people.

I got the same things :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was upset as well

'The CS basically made me feel that since I was not a subscriber, they didn't particularly care to rectify the situation.'

Thats terrible! How are you not a customer if you subscribed to and paid for the tube? Wow, I am sorry. I was pretty adamant in my request, stating that I would not accept anything other than what I was asking for, but even then I didnt think they would respond so nicely.

This is the email I got. Maybe call and speak with a live person and explain your situation?

We apologize that your first experience with the NewBeauty TestTube was a negative one. We never like to hear this from our subscribers as your satisfaction with our product is very important to us. We must point out that we do say on our website that products in the tube may vary. The reasoning for this is because we have tens of thousands of customers and sometimes we do run low on certain products. We do always replace these products with equal quality and high demand products on the market. We have applied a refund to your account, you will receive an email confirming this refund to the address you supplied us with. You are currently still a subscribed member as we will not cancel a membership unless you have specifically asked. If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again. Please keep the rest of the tube on us, if you do not like the other products in the tube, feel free to pass them on to a friend or relative! Have a wonderful day!

I got the exact same, word for word email EXCEPT they offered to send a Dr. Brandt product only if the sub they made was not Dr. Brandt!

They weren't awesome: $10 off $60, $25 off $125, and $50 off $200.

Quote:

How much were the spalook coupons/'gift certificates you guys got in your tube?

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They weren't awesome: $10 off $60, $25 off $125, and $50 off $200.

Quote:

How much were the spalook coupons/'gift certificates you guys got in your tube?

And it's not gift certificates either. I should email my state's Attorney General about it because these types of "gift cards" are promo codes. It even states on the back of each card these are promo codes.

They offered me the 20% off I asked for and told me that felt I was right.  I am fine with that.

And of course they had to throw in how awesome the next Tube will be!

I have had good experience with their CS so far, when I've had questions about order tracking etc. It's disturbing that there are random substitutions on the site, especially when it's a product that people are excited about.

FWIW, regarding BB creams, I'm using a sample of the smashbox bb cream I got from the smashbox site and I would probably pick it over any other bb cream. 

Back