New Beauty Test Tube: Fall-Winter 2012 sneak peek!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked the tracking for my NBTT as soon as I got up and it says I'll get it today!(before it said nov 9th ) I'm super excited cuz it will b my first one, I had some billing issues cuz my card is not an US issued card and made me miss the summer box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cell Ceuticals- CellGenesis Eye Serum.(Full size, 15ml/ 0.5 fl oz) Value: $64.95

Olay- ProX Deep Wrinkle Treatment.(30ml/ 1.0 fl oz) Value: $14.98

philosophy- hope in a jar. (12ml/ 0.4 fl oz) Value:$7.80

Kneipp- Pure Bliss Mineral Bath Salt. ( 2.1oz / 60g) Value:$2.54

Moroccanoil- Intense Hydrating Mark. (2.53 fl oz/ 75ml) Value: $9

dr. brandt- dark circles away. (.085 fl oz/2.5ml) Value:$7

it cosmetics- Bye Bye Under Eye. (0.11 fl oz/3.12 ml) Value: $11.67

Yonka- Elastine Nuit: (Full size,1.7 oz/ 50ml). Value:$44

Total Value:$161.94

The value is great, tho one thing that really upsets me is that I always get anti aging stuff in my subscriptions and I'm 21! I don't need anti aging stuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> not for like 4 years at least :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I guess I can give it away/trade it.

I want to know what people think of the products? Specifically the two eye products and the CellCeuticals Photodefense- is this like a tinted moisturizer? Is there any coverage with it?

The photodefense is nice... it's a very light coverage. Lighter than a tinted moisturizer. I like it for days when I don't want a lot of makeup on. The eye cream is ok, I guess. I mean I haven't noticed any difference in my eyes since using it, but it smells nice and feels nice. The other eye item I got was the concealer and I love it. It's thick and waterproof, but it blends well. 

I got mine today and love everything! If anyone got the cellcuticals in light and would like to trade for medium let me know.

if anyone would like to trade something for my anti aging products (Cell Ceuticals-CellGenesis Eye Serum,Olay-ProX Deep Wrinkle Treatment,Yonka-Elastine Nuit) I'd love that, I'm 21 don't need em yet...(or at least I like to think I don't XD )

if anyone would like to trade something for my anti aging products (Cell Ceuticals-CellGenesis Eye Serum,Olay-ProX Deep Wrinkle Treatment,Yonka-Elastine Nuit) I'd love that, I'm 21 don't need em yet...(or at least I like to think I don't XD )
I am interested, sent you a PM.

I know right! I was actually going to post about it here lol! It kinda smells like egg to me :S I love how it feels, but ughhh that smell!

Why, Why, Why does hope in a jar smell soooo bad :sick: !
I have heard that it smells like wet dog.. To me It just smells different (but not bad) with a bit of lavender. It kinda creeps me out that it doesn't smell bad to me since it does to everyone else lol is my nose broken?

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why, Why, Why does hope in a jar smell soooo bad
sick.gif
!

I think all the Philosophy products stink.  Their perfumes remind me of cheap perfume that has been set out in the sun for 6 months.  Gag.  I like the body washes, but everything else from Philosophy just plain smells bad.

I agree it smells terrible! I have never used any of their face products before and I hated the smell of this one. Honestly I don't like the smell of my YonKa either! Ick!

Originally Posted by Jamie Pangborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree it smells terrible! I have never used any of their face products before and I hated the smell of this one. Honestly I don't like the smell of my YonKa either! Ick!
I'm not crazy about the smell of the Yonka either, but not because it smells bad.  It smells just like the scrubby stuff that my husband uses to clean his hands after he has been working on the car and I feel weird about putting it on my face because of the association.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think all the Philosophy products stink.  Their perfumes remind me of cheap perfume that has been set out in the sun for 6 months.  Gag.  I like the body washes, but everything else from Philosophy just plain smells bad.
That's good to know.  I've never used any Philosophy products before, but I was always curious.  I'm not anymore.

My bf's mom uses philosophy's amazing grace, when I leave the house and go back to my country, my clothes smell like her and I like it, cuz it reminds me of my bf(we are apart for periods of time...) I love that perfume, I wouldn't use it cuz in my mind it's her's. I don't think philosophy's products stink, hope in jar does tho, but everything else smells ok, I've used purity and it smells fine, even microdelivery which is a scrub/peeling kinda thing smells ok. My advice is check out yourself, cuz what you might like some others might hate, you know? 

I did like the smell of YonKa because I'm into those kinds of piney/medeciny scents, but absolutely hated the smell of hope in a jar. It gave me a headache on top of breakouts along the jawline :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also have the CellCeuticals PhotoDefense Color Radiance in Medium that I would love to trade for a lighter color.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are you looking to trade for? Makeup? What brands do you like/want?

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to know what people think of the products? Specifically the two eye products and the CellCeuticals Photodefense- is this like a tinted moisturizer? Is there any coverage with it?
The IT under eye concealer is FANTASTIC! It is also great to use to cover up any blotches or spots on your face. I haven't tried the Dr. Brandt yet...and I got another CellCeuticals product, not the Photodefense.

Back