New Beauty Testtube - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DianaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I heard so many great things about the beauty test tube, I finally decided to try it. Guess April was a bad month to start because what I received was such crap! Drug store shampoo samples? Weird face mask thingies that scare my children? No thanks! I was debating on whether to give them one more month, then I got charged AGAIN at the beginning of this month! I called and they said it was technically for the June shipment which has already been shipped. I'm hoping it's better this time around. Does everyone get basically the same thing in their tubes?
There has been a little variation in some of the Tubes over the years. For example when they gave us a full size Yonka product, you could have received any one of about 5 different Yonkas. Even the last Tube (which you received ) had a variation with the Phyto product.

But for the most part Tubes are usually pretty much similar.

Last month was an unusually bad Tube for NBTT. So if this next Tube is like many of the others they have given us over the years, you should be happy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There has historically been more higher end products (except for some Neutrogena and Olay at times). But most of the products had the New Beauty "approval seal".  Which is actually starting to become more and more recognized in the beauty world. Also keep in mind, that this Tube has never been heavy on cosmetics and makeup. (occasionally they will send gloss, liner or blush) But for the most part, it's typically much more skincare focused. I hope this helps!

Oh yeah, also the value of the Tubes has been really good too.

Here's hoping there is 4 lb of happiness heading our way soon!!!!!

I just got a shipping notice too.  Even though I've canceled it (or at least tried to) 3 different times.  I guess I'll call and cancel again.

ETA: Just got off the phone, so even though I canceled right after my last tube, they reactivated my account, and then charged me for this box.  Then they said oops sorry we'll refund that and make sure you are canceled.  Now I was just told that it was too late in the process, even though they had JUST charged me.  And I have to have this box. 

I got an email for my shipment today. I signed up last month without realizing I was signing up for the wrong Test Tube subscription! I had no idea there were two...so now I get both, and QVC's was definitely better. I have fallen in love with the Suki cleaner though, and will most likely buy a jar after I finish my sample.

Hoping there's some good stuff this month!! The 4 lb. shipment weight makes me excited, but I've learned with other subscription boxes that that's not always a good thing.

Originally Posted by jlvb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got a shipping notice too.  Even though I've canceled it (or at least tried to) 3 different times.  I guess I'll call and cancel again.

ETA: Just got off the phone, so even though I canceled right after my last tube, they reactivated my account, and then charged me for this box.  Then they said oops sorry we'll refund that and make sure you are canceled.  Now I was just told that it was too late in the process, even though they had JUST charged me.  And I have to have this box. 
That is unacceptable. I would email them a formal complaint letter. (so you have it in writing).

Good luck!!!

Tracking showed up here as well.  But looks like it is sitting in limbo since 5/09, last Thursday.  Anyone else's show actual package movement?

Any leaked products that will be in this tube? Hoping its so great that it will totally trump last tube!

Originally Posted by jackieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an email for my shipment today. I signed up last month without realizing I was signing up for the wrong Test Tube subscription! I had no idea there were two...so now I get both, and QVC's was definitely better. I have fallen in love with the Suki cleaner though, and will most likely buy a jar after I finish my sample.

Hoping there's some good stuff this month!! The 4 lb. shipment weight makes me excited, but I've learned with other subscription boxes that that's not always a good thing.
I didn't realize there were two, but I haven't subscribed yet. Which one do most people subscribe to? Just looking at the new beauty site vs. QVC shows me that they are really different. Are both of them going to every other month?

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't realize there were two, but I haven't subscribed yet. Which one do most people subscribe to? Just looking at the new beauty site vs. QVC shows me that they are really different. Are both of them going to every other month?
I think QVC's is still every 3 months...but since this one just went to every other month, I wouldn't be surprised if the QVC one went to every other month as well. Not sure which one is more popular.

My tube is supposed to arrive tomorrow (at my office) but we'll be closed and I'll be out of town, so I guess I'll get mine Monday.  

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally feel the same way as you ladies.

I've been subscribed to NBTT since the very beginning (over 5 years) and last tube was a real disappointment. It was shockingly bad. (though I am now in love with the Suki scrub and Paula Dorff pencil btw).

I am hoping it was due to the fact that this was the final Tube before they implemented the new format. And NBTT will be back to it's fabulous self going forward. Fingers crossed. I have really loved this sub over the years and would be sad to cancel.

Customer Service said (several times) that we will be getting MORE products for our money with these new tubes. I hope they are right!
Funny, I feel the same way about the Suki scrub and the Paula Dorff pencil.  I've second guessed myself since cancelling, but I really didn't want to get one every other month.  I had only received 3 tubes when they made this change
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought 4 lbs sounded kind of high so I double-checked my email and it does say the wt. is 4 lbs.  The dimensions listed are 11x11x11 in.  (which seems strange as well).  Does your email list the same dimensions?

My email has the same weight and dimensions..I really never pay attention what is the usual typical weight of the tubes? And this one will be without the weight of the magazine correct?

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My email has the same weight and dimensions..I really never pay attention what is the usual typical weight of the tubes? And this one will be without the weight of the magazine correct?
I usually don't look at the weight either, but for some reason I did this time.  I'm not sure if there will be a magazine or not.  The dimensions would support the size of a magazine so I guess we'll find out Monday.

I got an email last month that they couldn't charge my credit card, but I had cancelled it due to fraud, so I gave them my new number and they reinstated me. Since then, I can't log in on the website to check my account, but I know they charged me. I called up and cancelled and she asked me if it was because I was unhappy with the products. I explained that I can't access my account and the website is too shaky. She said I would be getting the June Tube and that would be it. Since then I haven't heard anything, no shipping emails, and I'm not even going to try the website. Other people having trouble cancelling is not encouraging 

AAAAARRGH!!!
madno.gif

My box is sitting at my local post office...according to the FedX tracking.  Should be here on Monday is my guess, unless it arrives on Saturday.  BUT - mine is only  2.8 lbs.  I never looked at that till I saw some other comments....ugh. Not feeling very good right about now.   If this tube is bad too, I will be CA-ing mine as well.  I can say that the last one was not good.  I agree with the other person.  I have not been able to log on to my account on their site in months.  When I ask - New Beauty responds with... we are having problems with our site that will be fixed soon.  We shall see... 

****SPOILER ALERT**** I received my test tube today and I received the following:

AHAVA 3in1 Mineral Toning Cleanser .85 fl oz

BAREMINERALS Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug (full size)

PHILOSOPHY One Sweet Love shower gel 1 fl oz

OJON Damage Reverse Conditioner 2 fl oz

Josie Maran Argan Oil .17 fl oz

BLISS body butter in lemon sage 1.7oz

HYDROXATONE 90 second wrinkle reducer (15 packets)

LUMENE vitamin C Radiant Day Cream .05fl oz

LIVING PROOF Full thickening mousse 1.9 oz

A plastic pouch with few deluxe samples in it

This was a previous QVC test tube last year. Luckily I skipped that one, so I didn't get the same tube twice. 

Back