New Luxe Provence Box (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box was delivered this morning to my work.  I love everything in it.  I also like that there was a card addressed to me wishing me "Happy Holidays"  It makes it seem much more personal.

I'm posting pics on the next post so spoilers below

here are the pics

IMG_2583.JPG

IMG_2584.JPG

IMG_2585.JPG

My box arrived as well! And once again, I won't be swapping a single thing. 

Concept Provence hand lotion and scrub

I love the fragrance of these. I haven't tried the scrub yet, but the hand cream is very thick and works well. I like that there were two items instead of just one. 

Z Chocolates

These are amazing, especially #3, described as 'Rich, smooth caramel intermingled with tangy passion fruit, coconut and unctuous mango purée – covered in 70% Venezuelan dark chocolate.' I wouldn't have minded if the whole box had been all 3's, but it's nice to try out various chocolates. I also liked the little pouch and booklet that came with them. They are having a Cyber Monday sale that doubles the chocolate on all orders!

Souleido scarf

I got the blue/green one that I loved from the spoiler pic. This is probably my favourite item in the box, and is definitely something I'd have picked out if I'd seen it in a shop. It's 100% silk and the edges are hand-rolled. It turns out these are made in Italy rather than France, but I'm not complaining. 

w/sun sunglasses

These are beautiful, and I love the black version that I received. Unfortunately, mine arrived with a broken frame. I received a response within minutes promising a replacement. I need to take some photos. They did come in a really cute case with a cleaning cloth. 

Everything came in a smaller box than before, but it's the same quality and style. Like LindaF, I got a card with my name on the envelope. It has one of my favourite quotations, from Camus: 'In the midst of winter, I discovered within me an invincible summer.' I think that sums up the box well!

The tumbler from the last box is my favourite item I've gotten so far from them, but I like the curation of this second box a little more. I'm looking forward to spring!

My box was just delivered, too. I like the box, but I was somewhat disappointed with the scarf -- when they opened selections, I selected the blue/green one from the spoiler pic and was instead sent this monochromatic one. The pattern's lovely, but I would have preferred some color, I think. Still deciding whether to trade it. (And I love the little booklet with the chocolates! Helped me know beforehand that I would have to AVOID eating #3, since I'm allergic to all things coconut.)

EDIT: OK, the mister says he thinks the monochromatic scarf is classy, so I'll keep it.

Scarf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my box and I got the blue scarf as requested!  I may swap for a pink since I wear a lot of pink but probably will keep the blue.  I also had the scrub up for swap, but then smelled the handcream and it smells like a cinnamon bun!  After that I immediately removed the scrub from the MSA swap site and decided that when I am feeling down I will scrub my self happy!  Also look forward to trying the chocolates.  I get my Ellada lane box today too so it is an ultimate subscription box day!

My box was just delivered, too. I like the box, but I was somewhat disappointed with the scarf -- when they opened selections, I selected the blue/green one from the spoiler pic and was instead sent this monochromatic one. The pattern's lovely, but I would have preferred some color, I think. Still deciding whether to trade it. (And I love the little booklet with the chocolates! Helped me know beforehand that I would have to AVOID eating #3, since I'm allergic to all things coconut.)

EDIT: OK, the mister says he thinks the monochromatic scarf is classy, so I'll keep it.

Scarf.jpg
I asked for the blue scarf as well, but received the monochromatic.  I was a little bummed but then perked up when I realized it will go with so many more items!  I can't wait to try the chocolates.  LOVE the sunglasses and the lotions.  So happy I signed on for the annual discount when it first started :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received my box and my preferences (pink scarf, wood-tone sunglasses) were honored.  It's a nice box. 

(I still prefer my Oui Please boxes for variety.  If ONLY they could get their shipping act together).

Just received the following email ....

We are pleased to present news about our upcoming V3: Celebrating Springtime in Provence!

Experience one of the most exciting season's in Provence with this luxury French curation designed to deliver spring to your doorstep.  Our award-winning (merci, Subscriptionista voters) Luxe Provence Box offers a highly curated collection of surprise gift items representing each change of season in Provence.  We ship our parcels four times per year from France to discerning clients around the world (USA, UK, Europe, France, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong). 

Our V3: Springtime in Provence Collection delivers a discovery experience of luxury tastes and intoxicating fragrances from Provence. Each box will contain one full-size bottle of luxury, niche perfume (up to a $128 value plus importing costs alone) from the prestigious Grasse region, the world's capital of perfume. Additionally, we will feature a new, not yet available product from a prestigious luxury French brand that we cannot wait to reveal. Stay tuned for more details by following us on Facebook or Instagram.

Please note, this curation is in limited supply, available only while supplies last. Shipping is scheduled for early April beginning with our VIP Annual Subscribers.

Based on their facebook and instagram feeds, I think it will be the ayrles perfume that they featured on their blog and the new tea line from laudree.

I received an email today saying VIP members (annual subscribers I'm assuming) get their choice of perfume from Au Pays de la Fleur d’Oranger and a link to fill out your choice.  Here's hoping my choice gets honored this time!

I am not overly fond with the inclusion of a perfume in this box. Since perfume interacts with your skin and body chemistry picking one blindly from a few sentences does not work for me. 

@@MET I agree. I have no idea from their verbal descriptions of these scents how to choose one, and I can't imagine what any of them will smell like. I really don't like the idea of perfume in a luxe box (especially since I don't care for perfume in the first place); both Luxe Provence and Oui Please have disappointed me recently in that regard.

I love perfume and have been wanting to try this kind, so I really look forward to it. But I've never smelled any of the perfumes mentioned in the descriptions, so it's not helpful. 

"La Saint-Valentin, est là! Spoil yourself, or "votre amour", French-style with the luxury gift box of the season. To spread the love, we are offering $10 off today only with the code "amour" on all single season purchases of our V3: Springtime in Provence Box curation shipping early April 2016."

It's soooo tempting...but I know I shouldn't.

It does look like 2 perfumes.  For the price that this subscription box is ($195), I would certainly expect better.  I do not think I will be renewing .   

I don't mind it, though of course it depends on how they smell when I get them. I view it as two chances to get a perfume I like, rather than just one. I'd love a spoiler for a non-perfume item though! 

In addition to the luxury French fragrance collection, each parcel will also contain high-quality, spring themed gourmet and lifestyle items.
So curious about the rest...

Edit: Oh! I just realized, the soft perfumes are the solid type!

http://www.sabemasson.com/fr/shop.html

Well now I want them allllll.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back