New Polish Circular Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to join in on round 2! I've been lurking in this thread for awhile and would love to participate.

For the love of Holographic Jesus if we do it PLEASE let's do 2 boxes or keep the box at a reasonable size (says the girl that send 2 boxes)

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think we've talked about d plotting the box and doing groups.
Could we split it into two groups say by area?  It seems like there is a lot of interest in this, and that way a lot of people can be part of it and it might go more quick with two smaller groups vs one big one.  Then the box(es) might stay smaller and more manageable too!

Quote: Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Could we split it into two groups say by area?  It seems like there is a lot of interest in this, and that way a lot of people can be part of it and it might go more quick with two smaller groups vs one big one.  Then the box(es) might stay smaller and more manageable too!
Yes.  I think we could even do 3 groups really- one for east coast, one for west coast, and one for middle of the country.  Depending how organized we are the group leaders could even make the box go in order so that people could ship it to the person closest to them.

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys got this all in one box!! I might have to wait for my husband to get home to help me figure this out!! And I took more than I am putting in & it still doesn't all fit!!

I'm still trying to figure out how you guys got this all in one box!! I might have to wait for my husband to get home to help me figure this out!! And I took more than I am putting in & it still doesn't all fit!!
It helped that I shared with my ladies. I couldn't believe I got it n a medium box.

For the love of Holographic Jesus if we do it PLEASE let's do 2 boxes or keep the box at a reasonable size (says the girl that send 2 boxes)
You know I had to rep you for the Donna quote of the day. lol

We could do by area, then swap the swap boxes once they made it through the list. And sorry I haven't posted the pics of what I'm putting in the box yet. I'm trying to decide and got some unexpected news today and I'm in a bit of shock trying to process it. When I came home from work today all I did was sit & think. I will post pics tomorrow, I promise.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We could do by area, then swap the swap boxes once they made it through the list.

And sorry I haven't posted the pics of what I'm putting in the box yet. I'm trying to decide and got some unexpected news today and I'm in a bit of shock trying to process it. When I came home from work today all I did was sit & think. I will post pics tomorrow, I promise.
Sorry to hear about the unexpected news, I hope everything is ok!

I think the area/swap boxes idea is a good one.  That way we can keep it going all around and if there are things people in the first group didn't want people in the next group could have a chance at them!

Sorry to hear about the unexpected news, I hope everything is ok! I think the area/swap boxes idea is a good one.  That way we can keep it going all around and if there are things people in the first group didn't want people in the next group could have a chance at them!
Thank you! I have been aimlessly reading & posting mostly to keep myself occupied. I'm glad my hubby is coming home tomorrow. In a few days when packages start arriving though, I'll just have to smile and look cute!! Lol...I'm going to check Ulta now cause I have a coupon code to use.

It takes so long for the boxes to make their rounds too! I've been dying to get involved in a circular swap and I don't know if I could wait 9 whole months for a swap to complete! I love how involved everyone is though. All the enthusiasm is what generates so much interest!

Quote:Originally Posted by prettylights /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by BeMyBait /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It takes so long for the boxes to make their rounds too! I've been dying to get involved in a circular swap and I don't know if I could wait 9 whole months for a swap to complete!

I love how involved everyone is though. All the enthusiasm is what generates so much interest!

Oh I agree, I've been wanting to get in on this for a few months now, waiting is the hardest part :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I keep setting aside polishes for when it's finally my turn to swap, ha ha.

If we had smaller groups of say 5-10 people I think it would got a lot faster!

Just to let you all know, I'm not gonna participate in round 3.  I've got so much going on just the thought of unpacking and repacking polish...which I am doing right now since I just got the other swap box.  Ugh.  

Sorry for the delay ladies, I had some personal issues to work through. See my previous post for the things I took from the box. Here is what I'm adding;
I will be mailing it out on Monday to [@]lissa1307[/@].

Quote: Originally Posted by BeMyBait /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It takes so long for the boxes to make their rounds too! I've been dying to get involved in a circular swap and I don't know if I could wait 9 whole months for a swap to complete!

I love how involved everyone is though. All the enthusiasm is what generates so much interest!

I've been "lurking" here for a few months.  I'd LOVE to be part of a circular swap!  Watching/reading as the box has moved from person-to-person...  seeing what they added...  watching the box get "bigger and bigger"...   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

TammyH2144  

This is kind of exciting. The box has almost completed it's journey. We should have had everyone stick in a postcard from their city.

Back