New Polish Circular Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She did PM me with her address, and I sent the box when I said I would and tracking shows it was delivered on Monday 09/30/13....I'm sorry guys, I don't know what happened. We did PM quite a while ago, way back when the box was with the first or second person, so I'm not sure how much help that's going to be. I really feel bad, I did what I was supposed to do....I'm so sorry!!!! ETA: my PM with her was 24 days ago according to the record.....

it's not your fault at all pollysmom i was just pointing that at some point she would have had to give you her address so she knew the box was coming. 

I know, I just feel bad because I was the last one to have it and now it seems to be MIA. I feel bad for the next person in line. What do you guys want to do? I know I have some things I could send to the person after Marilyn, but not nearly as much as what was in the box when it left here.....

I hate to be the one to bring up anything like this, but it is also possible someone made an alternate account for the sole purpose of getting a box of free goodies. If possible perhaps an admin or moderator could look into this persons IP?
You know, I was just telling my fiancée that I treated the stuff I added to the box like I treat the comforter that we take to the laundromat....we don't stay while the comforter is being washed and his mom asked us once what if someone takes it? I said if someone feels like they need it more than I do....well, then they can have it. I know not everyone may feel that way, and I thought I added some cool stuff, but do we chalk it up as a loss at this point & try to start over? I hate to speak bad because we don't know what happened, but it is a little suspicious that we've heard nothing about the box, and she hasn't posted on the forums in days.

I dislike making these types of assumptions as well. It's just a bit sad to see the fun ruined before everyone even got a turn. That's a very nice way of looking at it though. Chances are this round will have to end. Judging by that persons last post and the date of your private message I doubt she'll be coming back. Perhaps next time a rule should be put in place regarding the private messages? Have them sent no earlier than a week in advance to prevent an inactive member from receiving the package? Either way, I was really enjoying watching this thread. I hope everyone keeps their spirits up so it can be remade. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been lurking here because the idea of a swap is so exciting, but really, at the initiation of this swap I didn't have enough 'history' with nail polish to have items I would be willing to swap yet. I like virtually everything I have. I'm sure I soon will accumulate some trade-ables, and will end up with extra goodies in the context of a deal, etc., these things do snowball.

But ladies, I really hope that for all of you, it's just a matter of someone who is a bit busy but will be true to their word and send on the package. After all, it's only been two or three days. I have hope for you. Otherwise, my heart goes out to you. I was so excited to see how with all of you and your generous enthusiasm, the box was growing as it passed from person to person. I would feel a loss here would be a loss to our whole community. I hope it's not the case.

The fantastic thing is that it looks like Laura (marilyn1908) was on four days ago, so maybe she's just more of a reader (for now) than a poster. That is totally possible. I've been like that in contexts where I'm new. There is time, and there is hope. Sometimes things happen really fast on these sites, and like our polish collections, speculation and worry snowballs into reactionary fury before it's really warranted. Laura - this group is worried, and excited to hear news about the box. It will be wonderful to see what you take and contribute, and see this exciting process continue to the next person in the chain.

I am after Marilyn and she did PM me way back when for my snail mail. She may have had every intention of sending it on. I know that I have been sick the last week and the box would have gotten "stuck" with me for a few days. Out of respect for the rest of the ladies in line, I would not have opened it (and exposed everything inside to my germy hands) until I felt better. But I would have posted to let ya'all know what the hang up was. She has until Monday to respond somehow. Then it's up to the. Moderator on how to proceed.

Personally, I will not let this get me down to the point I wouldn't do it again.  I would, in a heartbeat.  It is fun and we all know there is a bit of a risk.  For the next one...and I hope there will be a next one...we should definitely put a minimum post number/length of time on the forum rule in.  The other box swap has a 50 post/3 month minimum/2 successful trades, I think...not sure.  

I would prefer we stick with known and trusted members...there's a lot of us, it wouldn't be terribly hard to get 10 or more of us together, ya think?

I am willing to put a box together to send on to Chrysalis so we can keep it going.  It won't be as much as was in the original box but I really want to see this continue.

I say we give her until Wednesday.  If we don't hear from her, I'll PM Chrysalis and we can move forward.How do you all feel about that?

Personally, I will not let this get me down to the point I wouldn't do it again.  I would, in a heartbeat.  It is fun and we all know there is a bit of a risk.  For the next one...and I hope there will be a next one...we should definitely put a minimum post number/length of time on the forum rule in.  The other box swap has a 50 post/3 month minimum/2 successful trades, I think...not sure.   I would prefer we stick with known and trusted members...there's a lot of us, it wouldn't be terribly hard to get 10 or more of us together, ya think? I am willing to put a box together to send on to Chrysalis so we can keep it going.  It won't be as much as was in the original box but I really want to see this continue. I say we give her until Wednesday.  If we don't hear from her, I'll PM Chrysalis and we can move forward.How do you all feel about that?
This is disappointing, but sounds like a reasonable solution. Thank you Donna for being willing to step in and keep the swap alive.

I agree, that sounds reasonable. And I won't let this get me down, either. I had so much fun going through the box and I want those that didn't get a chance to do so yet have their turn. DonnaD, I have some things I can throw in to start a new box as well, I know it would take a few days to mail it to you, but if you'd like some help assembling a new box, PM me and I can mail them to you. It's not much, but at least it will build the box up a little. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree, that sounds reasonable. And I won't let this get me down, either. I had so much fun going through the box and I want those that didn't get a chance to do so yet have their turn. DonnaD, I have some things I can throw in to start a new box as well, I know it would take a few days to mail it to you, but if you'd like some help assembling a new box, PM me and I can mail them to you. It's not much, but at least it will build the box up a little. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I probably have a couple of things too. Hubby would loooove it if I got rid of some more polish (and I would feel justified to buy more....)

Oh, soon enough!  We've already got you addicted encouraged your enthusiasm for nail polish.  You'll be looking for shoeboxes to stash your hoard in in no time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parasoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such a genuinely loving community. You gals are great.
biggrin.gif

I wish I could contribute.
frown.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Personally, I will not let this get me down to the point I wouldn't do it again.  I would, in a heartbeat.  It is fun and we all know there is a bit of a risk.  For the next one...and I hope there will be a next one...we should definitely put a minimum post number/length of time on the forum rule in.  The other box swap has a 50 post/3 month minimum/2 successful trades, I think...not sure.  

I would prefer we stick with known and trusted members...there's a lot of us, it wouldn't be terribly hard to get 10 or more of us together, ya think?

I am willing to put a box together to send on to Chrysalis so we can keep it going.  It won't be as much as was in the original box but I really want to see this continue.

I say we give her until Wednesday.  If we don't hear from her, I'll PM Chrysalis and we can move forward.How do you all feel about that?

I would not have fulfilled those conditions when the sign ups for this swap took place...I still wouldn't. I have never done a trade, and I did not have 50+ posts before this started. It's a catch 22. You want people to show that they're reliable so you make them have experience before they can join, but they can't get experience because everyone wants them to have it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I now have 70 posts but only because I joined the mani marathon challenge the same week that this started. An I still haven't completed a swap on this forum (on a couponing forum, but not this one).

Lissa PMed me and said that she was going to be off line for a few days. She said that if we don't hear from Marylin that she would start up a new box. I'm sure you can PM her if you want to put a few goodies into the new box (if there needs to be one). BUT, we are going to wait a few more days to be sure.

Personally, I'm glad that Lisa didn't put restrictions on this. It did up the risk of something happening to the box, but it also upped the possibility of more people being involved in the swap.

I'm actually keeping them in the backpack I used to keep my spray cans in. Haha. I'm running out of room in the little pocket though. I might need to get a new stash soon. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm personally just glad everyone is taking this so well. As disappointing as this is its nice to see a community stick together I and make things better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would not have fulfilled those conditions when the sign ups for this swap took place...I still wouldn't. I have never done a trade, and I did not have 50+ posts before this started. It's a catch 22. You want people to show that they're reliable so you make them have experience before they can join, but they can't get experience because everyone wants them to have it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I now have 70 posts but only because I joined the mani marathon challenge the same week that this started. An I still haven't completed a swap on this forum (on a couponing forum, but not this one). Lissa PMed me and said that she was going to be off line for a few days. She said that if we don't hear from Marylin that she would start up a new box. I'm sure you can PM her if you want to put a few goodies into the new box (if there needs to be one). BUT, we are going to wait a few more days to be sure. Personally, I'm glad that Lisa didn't put restrictions on this. It did up the risk of something happening to the box, but it also upped the possibility of more people being involved in the swap.
I agree, I wouldn't have met the trade requirements either. While I have tons of makeup here, it's nothing that people would trade for, and I'm trying to cut down so I eliminated all my sub boxes except a few polish ones. My main interest is in nail polish now, so I have little to trade with others. I agree to give it a few more days, and I can certainly send some things to build up another box if needed. I'm OK with whatever the group decides.

They are "or" requirements...like 2 trades or 50 posts or 90 days on MUT.  I'm not saying we should do it, but I totally believe we should not take on anyone who's been on less than a month with less than 20 posts.  

I actually was disqualified for the other swap early on and I know I'm trustworthy but other people have no reason to trust me unless I can prove it...at least that I'm not a hit and run on the forums, you know?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would not have fulfilled those conditions when the sign ups for this swap took place...I still wouldn't. I have never done a trade, and I did not have 50+ posts before this started. It's a catch 22. You want people to show that they're reliable so you make them have experience before they can join, but they can't get experience because everyone wants them to have it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I now have 70 posts but only because I joined the mani marathon challenge the same week that this started. An I still haven't completed a swap on this forum (on a couponing forum, but not this one).

Lissa PMed me and said that she was going to be off line for a few days. She said that if we don't hear from Marylin that she would start up a new box. I'm sure you can PM her if you want to put a few goodies into the new box (if there needs to be one). BUT, we are going to wait a few more days to be sure.

Personally, I'm glad that Lisa didn't put restrictions on this. It did up the risk of something happening to the box, but it also upped the possibility of more people being involved in the swap.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, I wouldn't have met the trade requirements either. While I have tons of makeup here, it's nothing that people would trade for, and I'm trying to cut down so I eliminated all my sub boxes except a few polish ones. My main interest is in nail polish now, so I have little to trade with others. I agree to give it a few more days, and I can certainly send some things to build up another box if needed. I'm OK with whatever the group decides.

Well in that case, hold off on sending anything to me!!  Do you know if she wants to start over from the beginning or just have a few of us mail her stuff so she can then send it directly to Chrysalis?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollysmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I still want to know how she got on the swap anyway.  There's no post by her on the forum...unless she pm'd Lissa but that's just kind of odd that she would send a pm rather than comment here.

Ah hell, it just sucks that she hasn't bothered to respond at all.  I pm'd her too just asking that she come and post here to let us know what's up.

Latest posts

Back