NEW The Goodies Co. - For those that miss Foodzie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I waited 2 or 3 days. I signed up for waiting list 1 week agoe
Same here, I waited 3 days and got the November box.

Thanks for the responses ladies.

The fact wal-mart owns this totally makes sense on why its SO cheap. I think the website design looks purposely plain to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fridaypeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just FYI ...they are owned by Wal-Mart if that makes a difference for anyone.  It did me.

No matter who owns it or what the site looks like doesn't matter nearly as much as what they send out in those boxes. They send great boxes for a good price. After the first two boxes, I am quite happy to keep the sub.

Originally Posted by fridaypeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just FYI ...they are owned by Wal-Mart if that makes a difference for anyone.  It did me.
Is it a bad thing that foodies is owned by walmart? I'm confused.

Some people don't like Walmart as a company and would not use anything associated with it. I have a friend like that, she's very strictly anti-Walmart and I never asked why. She must have her own deep reasons for that.

Is it a bad thing that foodies is owned by walmart? I'm confused.

After nearly two months, I have finally received an invite.  Can't believe it took that long!  I'm excited about my December Box though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my sub starts next month. I hope I don't get turkey jerky- everything else sounds great!

So I personally do not choose to shop at Walmart if I can help it but with that said many people that is their only choice and I can respect that and frankly it is usually the most affordable places for families to shop and I get that too.

My issues are is that Walmart markets toward smaller communities - going in and opening thus closing small businesses which weakens an economy.

Walmart also has a track record of treating their "employees" poorly (not like family at all which they try to tout).  I worked at a Walmart one summer and college and saw things first hand but it was also one of the higher paying jobs in the small college town I lived in.  They also have the belief system that if a blue vest worker err volunteer leaves there are plenty of other bodies to take their place.

What I personally have trouble with is Walmart does not pay liveable wages.  Many people who work at Walmart are being subsidized by the government (i.e. foodstamps and health care) - that in itself does not bug me that people are getting assistance when they need it.  It is the fact that a company that large and profitable does not pay their employees enough to afford healthcare and be able to pay for the basics of food/shelter and the government fills in those gaps with tax payers money.

I see so many people working hard and being paid unlivable wages (not only at Walmart but other places).

So for me  - I choose to try not to put my dollars there if I can help it.  I will note there are times where that is the only option.

So that is a loose overview of my feelings

They are not everyone's feelings and these are my opinions alone.  Be they right or wrong.

I will say their box does look interesting but I can pass on it.

Originally Posted by WarPaint1739 

I'm on the waiting list. Anyone know how long before I get off the list?

I waited 2 or 3 days. I signed up for waiting list 1 week agoe
So... I signed up twice - the first time was a subscription for myself and I got that invite code very quickly, 1-2 days. The second account was a gift sub for my sister....who is mildly allergic to nuts...and that's what I checked off on one of the intro questions. Then I never received an answer or invite code for that invite request.  

After ~6 weeks 'checked the status,' on their website, and it said to email customer service, and to post on their fb page to show you really want the sub. I posted, and the next day I got an invite code (they also 'liked' my comment), and I used it.  Then 1 day after that, I get an email:

"Our invitation team should have already sent you a new invitation. I wanted to let you know that you were not originally sent an invite because of an allergy you noted on your preference form. I wanted to let you know, at this time only one type of Taster’s Box is available and you will not be permitted to customize the assortment you receive. If you choose to order the standard Taster’s Box at this time, you will need to review all product labels to determine if the product is appropriate for you.In the future, we will permit customers to make certain customizations to their Taster’s Box. However, products provided in any Taster’s Box, even if customized, may not be appropriate for all customers, especially those with food allergies. We encourage you to read the labels of all products received in any Taster’s Box before determining if you should consume it."

So...if any of you guys were wondering..... one box, not initially giving invites to nut allergy folk bcs they can't fulfill in that way yet.

As for the Walmart issue. The service seems to be a project of Walmart Labs,  and is mostly made up of employees from a Twitter-based start up company Kosmix that got bought by WMT.  Here's an article on the Labs division for those who are curious... http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2011/08/01/inside-walmartlabs-how-the-former-kosmix-team-plans-to-help-the-worlds-largest-retailer-get-social-and-mobile/

PS - I got the OCT box as well, and it's glorious! And I know my sis will love it when(ever) she finally gets her surprise sub in the mail!

I have a pending charge  
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 My first month, hope its as good as the others.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My account was charged! Cannot WAIT to get my box!
They just charged me this morning too, yay I'm sooo excited!!!

Impressed with their customer service: when I received my October box, the Nutella was open (something probably stabbed through the foil while shipping).  I let Goodies know and they promised to ship out a new one.  I received the new one yesterday, along with a notepad (I have no idea how that relates to food, but whatever) and a personalized, handwritten note apologizing for the product arriving open.  Glad to see they're invested in letting their customers know they care!

Back