New Urban Decay for 2012?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So has anyone taken the plunge and ordered it from UD's website yet? I think, at least at this point in time, I'm going to pass on buy the Vice Palette (or any of their new products) simply because I doubt I'll use it for more than swatch purposes.

I love Chaos, Unhinged but to be honest most of the colors look way too similar to other existing colors they have. I don't... part of me wants this simply because it's the new palette but part of me is thinking why am I going to pay roughly $60 on a palette that will end up in a box practically untouched.
BF ordered it last night for me. It really does look really similar to other shades but what the heck... >.< I don't know.. i barely even wear makeup and I have tons of it.. I just can't help it, I guess... haha

Junkie looks amazing though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So has anyone taken the plunge and ordered it from UD's website yet? I think, at least at this point in time, I'm going to pass on buy the Vice Palette (or any of their new products) simply because I doubt I'll use it for more than swatch purposes.

I love Chaos, Unhinged but to be honest most of the colors look way too similar to other existing colors they have. I don't... part of me wants this simply because it's the new palette but part of me is thinking why am I going to pay roughly $60 on a palette that will end up in a box practically untouched.
I am usually a UD, um...whore (it's true, sadly) - but I'm holding off on this for now, too.  There are a few shades that I really covet (PennyLane, Junkie, Provocateur, Amour) but I have so many shadows from UD I can't justify another palette at this time.    

And nothing as a whole about the palette design really attracts me.  The shades are cool, but I'm just not that into the packaging.  (Although, I'd rather this than another thick BoS.)

I also recently quit my job to start my own business, so I have to tighten up the purse strings until it gets launched and (hopefully...) makes me and my partner a little money.  

I'll probably ask for this as a "late" Christmas present from my sister (or hubby).  I'll ask her to buy it in January with me at a Sephora so I can use it to start renewing my VIB status for the following year.  Same goes with the Smoked pencil set.

I'm a huge Urban Decay fan too, but kind of over all the palettes.  For me it's leaning towards MAC territory, in terms of new releases. I also have a lot of their singles, so I hate getting a repeat in a palette. I was attracted to Unhinged also, but it's really only a slight variation of the other shades already released, both old and new, like: Electric, Flipside, Dashiki, Haight, Minx, and Shattered. Of course, not exactly the same, but within the same family. I have the original Book of Shadows and the 15th Anniversary one, and I find I reach for my singles more. So I think I can pass on it pretty easily.

The pencils, however, I'm a damn sucker for. I usually just end up trading the ones I already have, but their formula works for great for me that I always want every single shade. I haven't shelled out for the Ocho Loco yet, but I probably will.

Another palette ? seriously ? Okay, when i saw the last UD newsletter, i was yay for new products. But i really don't need another palette, even if i like some of the colors, i'm not the kind of fan that will buy every UD product just for the sake of it ; besides i would have to go to the Champs Elysees Sephora, they have the widest array of products and can tell about the next releases but it's far from home and just too crowded. If i go there it's to get some MAC shadows i have my eyes on.

Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I first glanced at this photo I got excited, but after a closer look, I think I have very similar shades to everything in this palette.  That said, I want the Ocho Loco liner set very much.  And maybe one of the other palettes.  Or two.  Or three.  Blast.

Here is a comparison that I did today after taking it apart and looking the the website and vintage urban decay on google. If you would like to see my whole post you can go to my website for more. Click on the beauty tab and you got it!

Originally Posted by mickdraggen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a comparison that I did today after taking it apart and looking the the website and vintage urban decay on google. If you would like to see my whole post click on the pic or http://mickdraggen.weebly.com/15/post/2012/09/new-vice-palette-from-urban-decay.html.
Very thorough of you!  Thanks!  I either have or have very similar colors to most of the comparable shades you listed, so I am happy with the decision to pass on this one.  I think I will even be skipping the Ocho Loco set, since I really do not need any more eyeliner for a good while, no matter how gorgeous they are.  I am surprising myself with an as-yet-unseen level of self control.  I did buy six of their $3 sale lipsticks though, so I guess I cannot be that impressed with myself after all.

my vice palette should be coming in on wed or thurs 
yess.gif

Thanks, it took a while to do that too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I went a little crazy with UD at the beginning of the year and it was killing me not to get any sale items that have come up, like those lipsticks. Not that I need more but you know how it is. 

finally posted a review on the vice palette on my blog!!! i really like it.. i'm planning to do a shade comparison (tomorrow or the day after) with other urban decay eye shadows

I know this thread is for new Urban Decay, but did anybody see on Sephora that they've got a great selection of the old single eye shadows on sale for $6?  I'm so tempted.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know this thread is for new Urban Decay, but did anybody see on Sephora that they've got a great selection of the old single eye shadows on sale for $6?  I'm so tempted.
Yup! I thought Sephora wasn't going to put those on sale since they usually ship it back to UD for them to sell them, so I just ordered some from UD a week ago, not they're on Sephora? Blahh :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, I'm already renewed for VIB this year. lol

Here is a comparison that I did today after taking it apart and looking the the website and vintage urban decay on google. If you would like to see my whole post you can go to my website for more. Click on the beauty tab and you got it!

hi, i used this for reference on my blog. hope you don't mind! i gave you credit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i just posted my comparison and swatches..

edit - the author kindly asked me to remove her content & i did what she asked.

My UD Vice palette came in yesterday and I haven't hand a chance to open it up yet. I'll let you ladies know what I think of it.

Was this comparison based off of colors on your computer screen or actual swatches?  Because I have this palette and some of the "dupe" colors you have listed and in person they are not as similar as they would seem on screen.  The best example of this is Rapture.  It is not even close to Rockstar.  Rockstar is one of my all time favorite UD colors and Rapture is very nice, but much, much lighter in color.  There are other colors that are not the same as you listed, but that one stood out to me the quickest because of my love of the color Rockstar LOL.  Nevermind is not like Chopper, Vice is not like Purple Haze, Junkie isn't close to Kush.  I would like to take the time to swatch some of these out, maybe later in the week when I have time.

Originally Posted by cookie29627 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was this comparison based off of colors on your computer screen or actual swatches?  Because I have this palette and some of the "dupe" colors you have listed and in person they are not as similar as they would seem on screen.  The best example of this is Rapture.  It is not even close to Rockstar.  Rockstar is one of my all time favorite UD colors and Rapture is very nice, but much, much lighter in color.  There are other colors that are not the same as you listed, but that one stood out to me the quickest because of my love of the color Rockstar LOL.  Nevermind is not like Chopper, Vice is not like Purple Haze, Junkie isn't close to Kush.  I would like to take the time to swatch some of these out, maybe later in the week when I have time.
If you have time, I personally, would love it!

I should swatch out all my UD shadows and pencils. Other than Kush, I have all of the "dupe" colors and many, many more... I haven't gotten the Vice palette b/c my sister is allegedly going to get it for me for Christmas.  I wanted to make it easy for her.  At first I didn't really want it because I have UD singles and palettes galore - but now I'm jonesing for some more shades.

-L 

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At first I didn't really want it because I have UD singles and palettes galore - but now I'm jonesing for some more shades.

-L 
LMAO. It'll be worse if another BoS is released soon. LOL

Well... if there was rehab for us then we can both go together. LOL 'Cause I didn't use my 20% off coupon at Ulta (which was good on prestige products) for the Vice palette and today I'm regretting not buying it. LOL I keep telling myself, I don't need it, I won't use it any time soon, don't need it, don't need it, don't need it but I WANT it! LOL

Back