November 2013 Square Hue -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what makes me sad?  Someone commented on my Coastal collection blog post that she was happy at least someone got her polishes because she still hasn't gotten her September or October Boxes. It sucks people will confuse SqH with those miserable as***** f*cktards.  They've ruined nail polish subscriptions for everyone.
Yeah, when people were swearing off nail subs because of that mess, I felt really sad. Did anyone ask to verify whether she was confused or in need of a quick note to SH? I cannot believe that SH would let this slip, so either there's something wrong with her account or she's an unobservant idiot.

I've been keeping quiet, but I actually received my first Square Hue box the other day and I'm very impressed. Love all of the colors, and the formulas are great. The teal one stained my nails and cuticles a bit, but the other two I didn't have any problems with.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been keeping quiet, but I actually received my first Square Hue box the other day and I'm very impressed. Love all of the colors, and the formulas are great. The teal one stained my nails and cuticles a bit, but the other two I didn't have any problems with.

EDIT  um...I'm an idiot.  The one that stained me was the cult cosmetics Pointe Dume.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The teal one stained my nails A LOT!  I spent 20 minutes  scrubbing with baking soda and lemon juice and it did come off but I was shocked to see just how badly it stained.
I know you probably did, but did you use a base coat, and if so, which one?  

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, when people were swearing off nail subs because of that mess, I felt really sad. Did anyone ask to verify whether she was confused or in need of a quick note to SH? I cannot believe that SH would let this slip, so either there's something wrong with her account or she's an unobservant idiot.
I told her she must be mistaken but who knows if she either subscribes to comments or goes back and reads them later?

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know you probably did, but did you use a base coat, and if so, which one?  
I always do but I edited my previous comment because I'm old and forgetful.

Orley top to bottom.

Orley top to bottom.
Thanks!  

Orley top to bottom.
My nails are just very thin and easier to stain, so I'm pretty sensitive to pigmented polishes.

How are you liking the quality of Cult Cosmetics polishes so far? 

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My nails are just very thin and easier to stain, so I'm pretty sensitive to pigmented polishes.

How are you liking the quality of Cult Cosmetics polishes so far? 
They wore really well but they're on the thick side. They still are easy to apply, though but they most definitely are not one coaters.  Actually, they probably are for people who don't look at their nails through a magnifier or take super close up pictures.  I do my nails with a magnifying lamp and then I do take close up pics so I can definitely see that 2 coats are needed...to the normal, unmagnified eye, they probably do look like one coaters.  

So, the "Church" thing put a damper on my enthusiasm then I read the follow up posts, looked them up to see if there was anything that I would be uncomfortable about and like Donna stated... If only did business with companies with whom I totally agreed, I'd have to grow my own food, weave my own fabric, sew my own clothes and become a vegetarian because despite my love of the BACON and the COW... I can't see myself taking up raising, naming and then slaughtering my pet cow for steak.   

I subscribed and I'm way excited.    I'm going to see if I can get my hands on the November box.   Oh and Chatham looks a lot like OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys - after 2 coats.   

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, the "Church" thing put a damper on my enthusiasm then I read the follow up posts, looked them up to see if there was anything that I would be uncomfortable about and like Donna stated... If only did business with companies with whom I totally agreed, I'd have to grow my own food, weave my own fabric, sew my own clothes and become a vegetarian because despite my love of the BACON and the COW... I can't see myself taking up raising, naming and then slaughtering my pet cow for steak.   

I subscribed and I'm way excited.    I'm going to see if I can get my hands on the November box.   Oh and Chatham looks a lot like OPI's Suzi Loves Cowboys - after 2 coats.   
You probably wouldn't drive a car either, because of the companies/governments that produce most of the gasoline.  

True... my life would be reduced to eating Kale, Heirloom Tomatoes and drinking Free Trade White Wine.   Thankfully, I am sane and can enjoy the November box I'll be getting from Square Hue!   I'll do something diabolical to offset purchasing things from a Church.   LOL!!!   

True... my life would be reduced to eating Kale, Heirloom Tomatoes and drinking Free Trade White Wine.   Thankfully, I am sane and can enjoy the November box I'll be getting from Square Hue!   I'll do something diabolical to offset purchasing things from a Church.   LOL!!!   
Well... You're not buying things from a church. You're buying things from people who happen to attend and work for a church, and the money isn't going back to the church. It's going to A21. One of the things I consider in these situations is whether I would be okay with it if a certain coworker was running it. He's studying to be a minister. If it passes the Phil test, I go with it. This passed that test. The *only* reason the church even came up was because I wanted to basically check this company's resume before I signed up due to previous scams.

Well... You're not buying things from a church. You're buying things from people who happen to attend and work for a church, and the money isn't going back to the church. It's going to A21. One of the things I consider in these situations is whether I would be okay with it if a certain coworker was running it. He's studying to be a minister. If it passes the Phil test, I go with it. This passed that test. The *only* reason the church even came up was because I wanted to basically check this company's resume before I signed up due to previous scams.
I am a shallow being... any excuse to do something diabolical is a good one.    I'm glad that people vetted the company and the charity is a good one.   

I've been reading about the nightmare that other subscription service is putting people through - I think that the Internet is a wonderful thing, it affords us the opportunity to really explore what the world has to offer.  Unfortunately, it is also a place where anonymity gives people who lack a basic sense of decency the opportunity to give into their worse impulses.  

This morning I had no idea that SH existed, a photo on the What Nail Polish Are You Wearing board led me to the company and the posts about the company here led me to subscribe.   Communities like MUT are lovely - it's like having hundreds of friends who share my obsessions out shopping with me and giving opinions.   

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am a shallow being... any excuse to do something diabolical is a good one.    I'm glad that people vetted the company and the charity is a good one.   

I've been reading about the nightmare that other subscription service is putting people through - I think that the Internet is a wonderful thing, it affords us the opportunity to really explore what the world has to offer.  Unfortunately, it is also a place where anonymity gives people who lack a basic sense of decency the opportunity to give into their worse impulses.  

This morning I had no idea that SH existed, a photo on the What Nail Polish Are You Wearing board led me to the company and the posts about the company here led me to subscribe.   Communities like MUT are lovely - it's like having hundreds of friends who share my obsessions out shopping with me and giving opinions.   
I think it would be absolutely lovely if women fawned all over SqH the way they fawned over Bondi...at least they would get what they pay for with no bullshit.

I think it would be absolutely lovely if women fawned all over SqH the way they fawned over Bondi...at least they would get what they pay for with no bullshit.
We should rave about companies like Square Hue - quietly doing good without the smoke and mirrors.   I spent yesterday in the house watching Documentaries about how marketing affects us as women, I am going to make an even greater effort to let my dollars as a consumer do my talking for me.  

This is probably a bit off topic... but the CEO from that company was really smart - skanky but smart.  He created a group and gave them the impression that they are somehow special, more understanding of the good he is trying to do... you know the drill.   An elite group that is now his Marketing army - because they now have a vested interest in the company not looking like scam artists.   I couldn't believe some of the things written on the Facebook page defending what in the end appears to be a well coordinated scam.  

I looked at Bondi of New York and decided against subscribing when I read in the "About" section that they are working on becoming an 501(3)C that is licensed in Delaware, but located in New Jersey.  How does a company that makes and sells nail polish ever qualify as an NPO under the definition?    

Wow, I was just kind of eh about chatham in the bottle because it's just a blah light brown. I kept thinking about it, though, so I went with it tonight for what will probably be the rest of the week because it's going to be a crazy week at work, which translates to no energy or motivation to do my nails after work. So. Boring. Once I put it on, though, it works some kind of magic and starts trying to lean almost purple. Very nice! Now I just have to overcome my hatred of teal. It's a college flashback thing.

Wow, I was just kind of eh about chatham in the bottle because it's just a blah light brown. I kept thinking about it, though, so I went with it tonight for what will probably be the rest of the week because it's going to be a crazy week at work, which translates to no energy or motivation to do my nails after work. So. Boring. Once I put it on, though, it works some kind of magic and starts trying to lean almost purple. Very nice! Now I just have to overcome my hatred of teal. It's a college flashback thing.
If it helps, it doesn't really lend teal.  On your fingers, it will look more green or blue depending on the lighting.

Back