• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NYC Swap Meet-up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So crazy I came here Saturday night and it showed none of your posts so I thought everyone lost interest.

Is next Sunday too close to the holidays for people or do we think we can make it work?

My office is also closed Dec 23 - Jan 4 so I'm pretty open in that time period to do a meetup at almost any date or time.

Yes, pick a location for Sunday and @ everyone who says yes in the same post so we can see the notification please. 

So crazy I came here Saturday night and it showed none of your posts so I thought everyone lost interest.

Is next Sunday too close to the holidays for people or do we think we can make it work?

My office is also closed Dec 23 - Jan 4 so I'm pretty open in that time period to do a meetup at almost any date or time.
i can meet up during those dates too (the 23rd onwards).  but i won't be able to do next sunday. whatever works for you all (I can catch up on the next one if it's this sunday). 

Hi, I am new and I google make up and clothign swap and found this. I live in the nyc area and I always end up buying the coesmetics at macys when it comes with the free make up bags and samples. Unfortunately I don't wear lipsticks at all, or nail polishes except for 2-3 colors. So I end up with a lot of lip sticks, mascara (how many can a girl use), skin product samples, and some nail polish I never wear. I gave some to my friends but how many lipsticks of the same shade can you give to the same people! I would love to join your swap and try some new brands as well as put the products I don't use to good use.

I hope we be able to meetup! I suggest we all meet at cafe or bar! I hope everyone can meet!

Last edited by a moderator:
for whatever reason, these don't show up for me. I think I am following it correctly. :/

EDIT: i wasn't following correctly. i added instant notification now. maybe it will help me in planning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through my stash last night and have sooooooo much! When can we all meet?

i can meet any day! lets meet asap! Whats a good place! lets meet in whole foods or at starbucks at 14 street !

So what do you propose? we go to dinner maybe? they have a great dinner at 14 street! They have a big table there.

The whole foods seating on 14th st actually does have a lot of space when its not busy. However, I don't know what their busy times are. I'm free to meet any day.

I Think midtown is probably best option since is more convenient to transportation coming from anywhere in the area.

I am a new member. I would also be interested. I am in NJ, New Brunswick area. I have a ton of stuff, almost all recently purchased. I just lost 50 lbs., and I went on a beauty spending spree. I wouldn't mind traveling. I drive, but I would use mass transit if recommended.

I am a new member. I would also be interested. I am in NJ, New Brunswick area. I have a ton of stuff, almost all recently purchased. I just lost 50 lbs., and I went on a beauty spending spree. I wouldn't mind traveling. I drive, but I would use mass transit if recommended.

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Ok, this is a roll call. How many people are in for Sunday? I'm thinking lunch time so we don't bother anyone's church schedules. Probably midtown Manhattan so we are close to the most transportation for anyone who wants to come from all parts of the area including Jersey or Westchester.

Please either quote this post or @ tag me "@JenTX" so that I get a notification. Just want to make sure we have a few people to make it worth it.

Back