• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NYC Swap Meet-up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have a time or specific location. I am not really familiar with midtown. But I can meet anywhere in manhattan preferably only as high as 42nd st.

I'm thinking we should move it to next Sunday since we hae so few people for this week. How many can attend next Sunday, January 18th?

well here is the list so far:

Mangacat(me ^^): this or next sunday is fine

@saphirehaze: said she was 90% sure she could come this sunday but next sunday is fine too

@JenTX: I am assuming this or next sunday is fine

@mishmish: said she could do tomorrow or next sunday

@@Irina Kravets: assuming she can make sunday cause she asked for when and where?

@@Elena K: said she can't make it this sunday, not sure about next

@Jazbot: says she has low stock of items

According to the above list it appears we have the same people coming tomorrow as next sunday, unless Saphirehaze finds out she cant make it this Sunday. We should probably hold it next Sunday since we don't have a time and place set yet.

So if any new people can come next Sunday leave a message ^^. Also for the people who I have as being able to come next sunday, leave a message if theres a change and the date is no longer good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So yay if we do a the swap this coming Sunday we will get at least 5 ppl.

Does someone want to suggest a location to meet at?

Meeting times 12-7pm are good for me, does anyone have certain times they cannot make or would prefer?

since no one is offering suggestions, how about

The Churchill Tavern at 3pm

• 45 E 28th St
    New York, NY 10016
    b/t Madison Ave & S Park Ave in Flatiron
I've been there once and they have a huge second floor with a lot of seating and lounge room.

Can't wait! I will try to get a decent inventory of stuff. A few items I will bring only on request or inquiry:Sigma brushes, pacifica body butter, rollerball perfume, candles & solid perfume, jackie design summer bliss train cases, brush holders, brush sets. Everything else I will get together. Anyone interested in Indie eye shadows?

@@Saphirehaze I don't know what the parking situation is but I am fairly certain it will not have a parking lot. Most of the places in mid manhattan do not have private parking lots as the space is super expensive. D=. If you can find a place with parking I don't mind switching venue.

I hardly go to NYC. Is there perhaps parking nearby, not necessarily at the venue? I haven't looked up the location.

I'm not sure I'm going to want to bring my goodies out in the freezing rain today. I have two boxes worth so it was already going to be a lot to carry, yet alone with an umbrella. :-(

Back