Office Essentials Memebox Discussion - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like they had plenty of time to notify everyone in advance and do something instead of waiting to see how people would respond. This is my 2nd of 10 boxes I ordered, so hope the others are better. Almost seems like they created a theme people would like but then didn't have the right products lined up.

I'm excited for the

shocking toner

But the box feels incomplete without the spoiler item. :/ The item I mentioned in the spoiler really *doesn't* go with the theme. I wouldn't whip that out in an office setting and use it... 
That toner smells like berry water with an overwhelmingly amount of carbonic (the scent of carbonic you smell a lot)

when I opened it i was like pfff woow.. It feels great on your skin but i don't know about the smell :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hmm, I ordered this because of the secret key item.  The Korean one looked a heck of lot better (Office Lady),   I wrote an email to memebox, and I told them I wanted the mist sent in a separate shipment and I didn't want memepoints.

I wonder if they think the toner is the substitute?  I did not receive an email on this spoiler not being included, and if I had, I would have cancelled the box.

I am not happy right now, between this lack of attention to detail and the new shipping rates, this really upsets me.
I also placed an order right after the spoiler for the Secret key mist. This mist they replaced it with looks like meh.. I want the secret key one, and I'm going to ask if they can send it seperatly too. 3 memepoints or something to compensate really wont cut it..

I also placed an order right after the spoiler for the Secret key mist. This mist they replaced it with looks like meh.. I want the secret key one, and I'm going to ask if they can send it seperatly too. 3 memepoints or something to compensate really wont cut it..
the toner isn't even a facial mist- it is an 3 in one product.  The Korean version had both a MIST and a toner.

the toner looks like a gel based on the pics I've seen of it.  Do you think, @@marjojojoleintje, that it could be put in a pump bottle instead of a jar?

Jars are so inconvenient, scoops or not!
yes I think it can... also it wasn't sealed like most korean products. it's gelly and when you put in on the spatula and let it drop back in the jar the drops stay perfect round drops and within a while it turned back in a fully jelly kind of something... (losing words xD) but yes you can use it in a pump 

While I am not particularly happy about this box. I think that we need to remember that they are still a relatively new company and have provided us with some great products. They are bound to make mistakes and some boxes are bound to be better than others. 

While I am not particularly happy about this box. I think that we need to remember that they are still a relatively new company and have provided us with some great products. They are bound to make mistakes and some boxes are bound to be better than others. 
 They are the number one Korean beauty box.  They have had a Korean operation for a couple of years and have been sending out memeboxes hand over foot in that market.

How is putting up a spoiler a mistake?   How is removing it after the boxes shipped out and after members contacted them about it - and yet still no word from memebox on this.  Yes, I know that companies make mistakes, but this was self-inflicted and how they are handling it is shady.

yes I think it can... also it wasn't sealed like most korean products. it's gelly and when you put in on the spatula and let it drop back in the jar the drops stay perfect round drops and within a while it turned back in a fully jelly kind of something... (losing words xD) but yes you can use it in a pump 
thanks!!  That is what I will do - transfer it to a small pump bottle.

They are the number one Korean beauty box.  They have had a Korean operation for a couple of years and have been sending out memeboxes hand over foot in that market.

How is putting up a spoiler a mistake?   How is removing it after the boxes shipped out and after members contacted them about it - and yet still no word from memebox on this.  Yes, I know that companies make mistakes, but this was self-inflicted and how they are handling it is shady.
The mistake was putting up a spoiler of a product that they couldn't deliver. And I completely agree that they should have handled it better. Im not trying to justify what they did at all, however I do know that personally I paid around 15 dollars for that box and while I am unhappy with the replacement of secret key mist , I can still use something out of that box and its not the end of the world. 

I think it is wrong to do false advertisement, but I don't think the box is a total fail. I agree with all opinions, though what is important now is the respond from memebox. I don't care if they don't want to do anything about it, but ignoring the whole issue is not cool. Atm. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

no, it isn't the end of the world, but I wouldn't have purchased that box without that spoiler.   It is bad PR and people should expect the contents of what they paid for.  I paid $26.99 for this box

I won't give them a pass on this one nor will I belittle how others feel about it.

The green tea box was a bit of a let down, but at least I was given the choice to cancel it - so I don't quibble over it.  Here, I had no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye, I think it's OK to not be able to deliver a spoiler, but if thats so then tell us before you ship it so people who really wanted that particular item can cancel or not. Thats what bothers me. They said nothing about it.. 
I think it's not okay. Other boxes release spoilers because, you know, they are actually putting it in the box! It seems to me that memebox makes these themes before they actually aquire the items, or something, and then look for cheap items they can find to fill the box, and the release a spoiler, but perhaps whoever is selling them the items backed out.

It's kinda unprofessional to release a spoiler and then not put it in the box. Just don't release a spoiler if you're not 100% certain the product will be in the box?

I can understand it happened once (the green tea box), but twice, in a short time? And then to not even notify us and ship the box anyway? 

Their customer service already stinks, and this just makes it worse. It's on subpar Glossybox level, and that's pretty dang bad.

Makes me think twice about continuing to throw money at them, when I can get cheap, fun products from Korea Depart and they ship quickly. (the toner is $10 there or $17 for 2)

It's not that this box is bad. It's really not. There have been worse boxes (uh, the banila box, for example), but it's the principal of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's not the end of the world, what Memebox did is the perfect example of poor business practice.

It's totally okay to not be able to put a specific product in the boxes. We know, stuff happens, vendors don't deliver, seen it a million times before.

It's not okay to know about it in advance and fail to notify the subscribers about the changes, thus not giving them the opportunity to cancel. There are many people who purchase these boxes based on the spoilers they see, for them the extra samples are just nice bonuses to the product they really hope to try.

Just my 2 cents.

Back