Office Essentials Memebox Discussion - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had actually forgotten that we had a spoiler a while back. I was happy with the box when I first opened it. But when I started typing the information card info up on my blog, the box just wasn't entirely worth it. And know remembering that we were supposed to get a different mist kinda makes me feel cheated out of my money for this box. My initial feelings with this box stands...it's not terrible, we HAVE had much much worse. What I do think is terrible, is memebox's lack of proper business practice.

While I am very frustrated by their lack of communication about the secret key mist, at least we got 6 full sized items in the box.

Still, Memebox... Don't put out a spoiler that you can't deliver on, it's bad business.

They should have at least notified us so we can cancel if we want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not happy about this AT ALL!  That Secret Key Mist was the whole reason I bought the box!!

I also will be emailing.
YEAH I remember :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Tell me if you hear anything... i'm waiting on a email back about my double zero cosmetics box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They haven't told us.  I see they took down the spoiler from the page - I did the screen shot here - so you can use my screen shot to show that they did have that spoiler AFTER they shipped out the boxes.

I am not happy about this at all.  They are reading their emails and not responding to them, but instead, updating their web pages to erase the proof.
I loved that you screenshot the page because when I went to look they'd already taken it down!  Good call. 

I sent them an email too! Hoping that they do something about it or at least give us an explanation since everyone is aware of this issue and are unhappy. Really sad that they didn't tell us beforehand :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

what happened with your double zero box?
They said they couldn't cancel anything  from that value sets (like cancel one box out of it) but they could cancel my order were the double box is in... But that one I also bought in a value sets + more boxes.. But i'm letting it because then I wont have the deal I got back then (15% off and 20 memepoints,, my discount back then was 49,55) soo I think i'm gonna do a giveaway or something with it or if its awesome i keep it XD

I purchased the secret key off ebay for a little over 15.00 - I wasn't kidding when I stated this was the number one reason why I got this box. 

I can use the 10 points - but I do wish they would have told us this before they shipped out the box

I think we should be happy with the compensation. I'd say memebox should be more careful to not cause another fiasco in future but their action towards this matter restored some of my respect towards them.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe mistakes costed them alot, hence the shipping fees and memepoints removal..

The same thing happened with Naked box #15. It was supposed to have those 3 cups with the scrubs in them, which was the main reason I bought the box, but they never sent them and said it was a mistake it was posted in the pic (with all the other items like all naked box pages). I was not impressed, but they sent me 5 memepoints (which is not the same as getting my money back) and they never took down the pic to pretend. Didn't the same thing happen with the green tea box with that spray(the one they over priced in detail that they sell for 19 but had on sale for 9) , but I am still gonna get boxes.... they just need to make sure they are communicating with their web designers

The same thing happened with Naked box #15. It was supposed to have those 3 cups with the scrubs in them, which was the main reason I bought the box, but they never sent them and said it was a mistake it was posted in the pic (with all the other items like all naked box pages). I was not impressed, but they sent me 5 memepoints (which is not the same as getting my money back) and they never took down the pic to pretend. Didn't the same thing happen with the green tea box with that spray(the one they over priced in detail that they sell for 19 but had on sale for 9) , but I am still gonna get boxes.... they just need to make sure they are communicating with their web designers
at least with the green tea box, they let us know well in advance that the cleansing oil wasn't going to be in the box and gave us 3 memepoints and the opportunity to cancel the box.

If they have to substitute a spoiler (or in the case of the naked boxes, something that was in the picture), they should

1.  Substitute a similar item (cleansing oil for cleansing oil, spray mist for a spray mist) and of similar value. 

2.  Let us know what the substitute item is.

3.  Tell us in advance, so we can cancel if we choose to

I don't need memepoints if they follow those 3 steps. 

They just need to keep their word to what they show and then it's fine.. I also didn't got the 3 caps by recipe by nature and got 5 points in return a while back.. 

No I want the 10 points for the missing mist :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and to win that memebox instagram contest! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@marjojojoleintjeIam oh you  :laughno:

I was impressed because they offered a reimbursement-- more than what i expected of them. Initially I expected some dodgy apology. Trust me, I really hate it when memepeople throw us a curveball! Then again, they are better than the worst companies I have dealt with.....  Some just brush it off as a mistake and come up with alot of lame excuses. Some offer like $3 for a tshirt with holes. Or threaten you to send it back or they cant reimburse.  :scared:  smh..

Of course I think they need tweaking here and there and not treat us like lab rats in future. Regardless we keep going back to meme, forgiving their past. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back