Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, yeah! Come to me, my pretties <3

0qfsjs6.png

Looks like a few out of stock items are back in for the BOGO.  The Festive Cheer gift set has been added.

I got my order today.  I was a little disappointed.  No problem with getting the starburst size bit of soap as my freebie.  But, its one of the soaps I ordered. I don't need a sample of something I bought.

When I bought the soaps the last time, they were nicely shaped (like the photos).  Today, the starburst mate is wrapped in paper in an ugly wedge.  I know this isn't unheard of.  But, its the only one that doesn't make me want to rip it open and use it.

Anyhoo, its probably good that this wasn't the wow of the first order.  I really need to go into the store again now that I know a lot more about the products.  My first time in was way to overwhelming.

Now, do I give my daughter her stuff now (she has had a rough week) or do I wait until Valentine's day? Decisions.

I wish Lush NA did samples like Lush UK.  Without fail, NA always sends me a soap sliver and it's usually Dirty.  I love Dirty and have a giant chunk of it, but I mean come ooonnn!  Rotate samples already!  Lush UK sends a little baggie with atleast 4 to 5 samples of different products.  It's normally a combination of little sample pots and larger sample-size soaps.  They once sent me those little baby pots, packed full, of each of their face cleansers.  It was amazing!  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you should give her one or two of the items.  Sometimes that's all it takes to make a bad few days seem not so bad, or bearable at the very least.  You are such a good mom!!!!  :wub:

@@Kimb3rly - I have seen videos of bloggers getting the little pots. That would be cool because I don't mind someone picking samples for me as I am so new to Lush. The soap sample I received was the same sample in the order. It was a bit lazy.

I only got my daughter 2 valentine items. The unicorn cone and floating flower (both out of stock now). So, what I am thinking is, I can give those to her now and then when we go to the mall Saturday to get her bras (ugh!), we could go into Lush and use our newfound knowledge to buy more.

One of my soaps was also a weird chunk. It seemed like the heel if the bread, misshapen and unappealing. It also seems smaller than the other soaps I purchased, but it really doesn't matter I found I don't care for their soap. It's just not moisturizing enough, too bad I picked up so many :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YAY I'm not the only one, They smell so pretty but they make me squeak. I was talking to my mom in store about it and a CS started listing ones that might work better but I wanna choose by SMELLLLLLLLL!

One of my soaps was also a weird chunk. It seemed like the heel if the bread, misshapen and unappealing. It also seems smaller than the other soaps I purchased, but it really doesn't matter I found I don't care for their soap. It's just not moisturizing enough, too bad I picked up so many
Yes! Heel of the bread. It was the Reinder rock and the image looks like a silver, slimy snail. I do like the smell of the Snowcake soap.  I wish the scent was stronger.  I may be tempted to eat it though.  You have to try a sample of a body conditioner. Its my new addiction. I am so lazy to stand in the bathroom nakid slopping on lotion as I shiver. This is a shower lotion that sticks!

YAY I'm not the only one, They smell so pretty but they make me squeak. I was talking to my mom in store about it and a CS started listing ones that might work better but I wanna choose by SMELLLLLLLLL
I am with you on this now that I chose blind and haven't been overly successful. The Rose Jam Shower gel smells to me like a Sangria I wish I didn't order. To sweet. And the now infamous reinder (snail) rock I think will fall into the scents I don't love category.

I have heard this but I didn't see any field that I could type in anywhere...where is it located to ask?
The box where it says leave a gift message, if you put a sample request there they usually send them if they're available. They're pretty good about sending a lot if you ask. I think I got about 5 last time. Obviously within reason. I got a gorgeous sample, a feeling younger highlighter sample, and another moisturizer. And a chunk of honey I washed the kids soap and a chunk of strawberry feels massage bar.

@ - Thanks. I read that somewhere but, I thought it was the UK way. I will definitely give this a try when I place another order.

After the African Paradise full size goodie in my last order and some other great add ons that others have got, it seemed like leaving it to chance COULD result in something great.

Does anyone know how many samples are reasonable to ask for in store? I am terrible about asking for free things or anything for that matter. I would have left without a sample my last visit, if it wasn't offered. 

@ - Thanks. I read that somewhere but, I thought it was the UK way. I will definitely give this a try when I place another order.

After the African Paradise full size goodie in my last order and some other great add ons that others have got, it seemed like leaving it to chance COULD result in something great.

Does anyone know how many samples are reasonable to ask for in store? I am terrible about asking for free things or anything for that matter. I would have left without a sample my last visit, if it wasn't offered. 
I also have trouble asking for free things! I only ask at Lush if I'm purchasing something. I usually only ask for one thing. However, over Christmas I purchased a lot of items so I asked for two (WOW! WHOPPING NUMBER) sample shower gels. I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable asking for more  :unsure:

I say ask for whatever items you are truly interested in. I can't tell you how many free samples turn into purchases for me, they know this or wouldn't offer them... I'm looking at you Sephora!

Latest posts

Back