Official Lush Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will purchase a few things on Saturday.  My daughters first bath bomb didn't knock her or I over.  Maybe splitting it was the wrong thing to do.  Anyway, I will let her pick out a couple things and I will get a few things so, I hopefully it will be easy to get a sample or two. 

@@Kookymama check out YouTube or Instagram, people always post the bath bombs and you can tell some are way better than others.

Whenever I'm in store I load up on samples, however, I am always buying products as well. The sales associates are always more than happy to make the samples and often recommend items they think I would like based on other products I'm purchasing.  I agree with @@SaraP about letting customers sample products helps sales as well!  I have wavy hair and a Lush employee made me a sample of Curly Wurly Shampoo without me even asking about it, and now I'm on my third pot of it!

@@SaraP - Thank you.   I just looked at one for the floating flower and its much better in one piece.   Oh well, it was a good test and now I am in the now.

I had stumbled upon these videos before and purposely avoided them to be spoiler free.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Off to look for one on the unicorn horn.   This is too funny.

@@chelsealynn - You are right. I think they will be more apt to help me out this time as I am not going in the store like a Zombie. Last time, I only went in to look because I had an order coming. The strong scent made it hard to concentrate.  It was a similar feeling to walking into a Hollister where the music makes it hard for me to focus.  I basically wanted out.    I think I needed a little background before going in a Lush store. So, this time I will be armed with a list to start with.

I ended up with 3 samples.  It wasn't easy but, I got them!  The store pushed smaller sizes to try more than the samples.  When I insisted I didn't like a particular smell, I was pushed to try it anyway.  So, one sample is something I wouldn't have chosen.  But, I am happy to rule it out officially or be surprised.

I think I am good on Lush for awhile.  I am telling myself it has to all be gone before I buy again.  Or there is a sale.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if it's been discussed here or not yet, but there's an online business at "somethinspecial.com" that does incredible lush dupes. The owner sue is a sweetheart, and I ordered some "sweet petal" (rose jam) soy wax melts, a sweet petal lotion, a "sugar fairy" (snow fairy) body scrub and lotion. I am thrilled with them. They're about as close as any dupe I can find. And she does perfume, lotion, scrub, melts, just about anything pretty cheap. I can finally have my rose jam all year round!

She does other dupes as well, those are just my favorite

Menu for the week:

Monday - Bon bomb

Tuesday - Happy soap

Wednesday - Lush Lime smoothie

Thursday - Back for Breakfast shower gel

Friday - ????  mystery item maybe?

Does anyone know if the little sample pots are included in the "bring back 5 empty pots" deal for a free Face mask? 

It seems they would be because their intent is to recycle.  I am just questioning it because the items I received in them were free. 

BTW, I have the Oatifix fresh face mask.   This is dangerous stuff.  It makes me crave cookies! 

Does anyone know if the little sample pots are included in the "bring back 5 empty pots" deal for a free Face mask? 

It seems they would be because their intent is to recycle.  I am just questioning it because the items I received in them were free. 

BTW, I have the Oatifix fresh face mask.   This is dangerous stuff.  It makes me crave cookies! 
Unfortunately, the little sample pots don't count.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ooooh, Oatifix!  I want to eat it.  It smells so good!

MENU UPDATE

Friday's item will either be Lemslip buttercream or Calacas jelly.  Personally, I'm hoping for Lemslip.  Voting - in some weird Lush way - is currently happening on their FB page.  I think it's BS though, I've seen people overwhelmingly vote for one thing and them end up making the other.

@@Kimb3rly - Thanks for the pot clarification. I am not surprised as people would work the system and get samples to continue to get free masks.

I haven't ordered from the kitchen yet. When you order do you just get from the kitchen or mix with regular products.  If you like a Monday and a Friday item, is it a risk to wait until Friday to order both?  Will the Monday item be gone?

Sorry about all the questions!  Off to wash my face with Angels on Bare Skin.  Still trying to figure out if I like this. 

Sometimes I get just a kitchen item, or several, but typically I mix it with the permanent items. 

As for products being left come the end of the week, it's hard to tell.  Some items are incredibly popular and they're gone within 30 minutes, others hang out for a few days.  If it's an item that sounds really good to you though, it's best to go ahead and grab it.  They post the products on the website at 3 AM EST and they are usually still available around noon my time (EST).  The exception to this is the perfumes.  They sell out almost immediately.  As my own general rule, if I like a Monday item and a Friday item, I'll place an order for those on their release day.  If I like a Monday and Tuesday item though, I'll chance it and wait until Tuesday to order both.  Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose.

I am home from the Lush Spa!  

It was amazing!  Oh, I am so in love  :wub: .  I had the Validation Treatment, which is their facial.  It was so nice.   All of the sales associates were excited for me and kept telling me how great it is when I was checking in.  My masseuse, Caitlin, was awesome.  She explained the treatment and then took me back out onto the shop floor and we went through and picked out various items to use for my face. It was really nice. The facial is set up to have you ensure you have a cleanser, toner, moisturizers, eye cream, lip scrub, face, mask, exfoliator, etc.  Based on my skin concerns, she would recommend a product or two in a category but it was up to me as to what I wanted to try.  In all, there were probably like 14 or so products that we used.  For some products, she used new ones (mask, lip scrub) and for others she sanitized them.  The therapy room was nice.  It was modeled to look 'homey' and kind of like an English cottage (at least that's the feel I thought it had).  It felt so nice and was really relaxing.  I was kind of surprised that I had to take my shirt off but they did give me a towel to cover up with and I was under a blanket as well.  Besides a facial massage and using all of the various facial products it also had a massage on my chest/arms.  Part of the facial massage included cold stones.  It felt so so so good.  They also play this really relaxing music that features actual recordings of waves hitting the shore just off Poole in England which I thought was cool.  I also love that all of the masseuses trained in London with the creators of Lush.  Plus, I came home with the rest of my face mask and a few of the other products that were  left over at the end of my treatment.  I'm going back for a different treatment next month :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   If you are ever in the area, go!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, is everything an appropriate answer? Lol.

I love that pink (I this m it's just called pink?) Bath bond, sikkim girls lotion, ...I haven't not loved any of the bath bombs honestly. The bubblegum lip scrub is the bomb, and the sweetie pie stuff is lovely.

OMG I love it all Haha.

Latest posts

Back