Official October 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, my name is Lisa and I'm a point hoarder.  I've placed 3 full size orders with coupon codes, I've just been hoarding my points for some reason.  My neice wants a bunch of stuff for Christmas, so maybe I'll use them for that.
Aww, you're a good auntie and it won't cost you anything!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my WHAT?! over 1,100 BB points..for shame, I was excited to get to 200 and not spend them lol..on both accounts!! I admire your willpower!
i wish i had that many points, im excited to reach 200 and want to spend them already lol

I did horribly in September and then yesterday, I found O.P.I Buy one get two free so I picked up some of those. I know I want to get down to Ulta at some point and take advantage of my coupon, but other than that, hopefully nothing else. I've gotten way too much makeup lately, so much so that I had to expand to another drawer in my storage drawers. Arrgh. 

I know this is the wrong place to put this, but just in case, if anyone wants Ulta F&F coupons PM me. It starts the 14th, I think, and it's 20% off everything in the store. I'm not trying to add to temptation, but if you're gonna do it, at least you can save a few $.

I have spent so much money lately that I will need to use some of my Entertainment budget funds towards my hair appointment this week. 

So I am on a NO BUY until my next paycheck, October 15th, at which time I will decide if I should/will do the remainder of October as well. The holidays are approaching and I expect to spend at least $1000 on myself, so maybe thinking about that will help me hold off on spending any $. 

Well I just got a huge reason to stick to my no buy.  We were planning on moving next year, but it looks like I may have just gotten a job that will have us moving by the end of this year!  Anything I buy, I have to pack, and I hate packing.  Anyone who wants to trade with me, I'll be wanting to get rid of stuff left and right so there be some good deals for you lol!

I will be updating this post as the month goes to post things I will buy myself when I am off my no buy, just for my own personal motivation:

1- NARS Photo Booth holiday gift set

2- OCC Pro's Picks Lip Tar Set

3- TARTE Carried Away Collectors Set 

I'm no buying (other than my subs) this month!!! Plus by the end of this month I will have decided between BB and My Glam/Ipsy (hopefully!!!) and I may have 200 bb points! 

I'm also working on hitting the pan on some stuff. I just finished my container of Benefit Moisturizer! Is it sad that I feel super proud about actually finishing a product? 

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it sad that I feel super proud about actually finishing a product? 
LOL I know what you mean, but in the end, it is something you should be proud of! your money wasn't wasted on something that was only going to collect dust. 

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL I know what you mean, but in the end, it is something you should be proud of! your money wasn't wasted on something that was only going to collect dust. 
Good point Dalisay!! I wonder what I'll use up next!!! 

my biggest dilemma right now is trying to cut down on subs.... for sure I'm going to cancel barkbox, goodebox, beautybox 5.Thinking about canceling sample society.... Now I have to decide between birchbox and ipsey(myglam).... more than likely ipsey... I really like the birchbox point system, it's the only thing thats keeping me subscribed. Holidays are coming up, gotta save $$$ and subscriptions are not helping one bit. 

I'm also working on hitting the pan on some stuff. I just finished my container of Benefit Moisturizer! Is it sad that I feel super proud about actually finishing a product?
I also feel proud when finishing a product.  It means that you are using makeup in a healthy way (as self-care) rather than in an unhealthy way (say, hoarding it).  Good job!

Ok, goals for this month:

No buy EXCEPT for one bottle of perfume from Sephora during F & F sale.

Use up at least 7 samples--I think I can do this as I've already finished one, and I have about 3 or 4 others that are almost gone.

Use up at least 2 full size products (again, I've got some that are nearly there, so I think this is manageable.)

Stay strong, everyone!

Ok, goals for this month: No buy EXCEPT for one bottle of perfume from Sephora during F & F sale. Use up at least 7 samples--I think I can do this as I've already finished one, and I have about 3 or 4 others that are almost gone. Use up at least 2 full size products (again, I've got some that are nearly there, so I think this is manageable.) Stay strong, everyone!
Love these goals!

I'VE NOT BOUGHT BEAUTY STUFF IN 3 DAYS!  WHOP-WHOP-WHOP-WHOPOP!  I swear this is a record in the past few months!!!  WEEEEE!!!  =)

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also feel proud when finishing a product.  It means that you are using makeup in a healthy way (as self-care) rather than in an unhealthy way (say, hoarding it).  Good job!
ooo, I like the way you think Missionista! Healthy self-care is important. That's what my grad school professors LOVE to tell us. 

I just placed a $100 order with Victoria's Secret.  Does it count if all but one of the items are for my niece for Christmas?  And the one item for me I only bought to get free shipping, a free panty, and a free perfume sample?

I just got a 25% off coupon for Coach and I really need a new black purse! (yes really) .... ahhh I need more willpower 

im joining in again. made it to day 21 last time so i recon this month i can do the full 30. fingers crossed anyway, got far to much stuff x

Meh, I caved and bought two WnW palettes a few nights ago. Less than $10 out of pocket and cute, still in my $50 budget.... Buuuut, one has colors I have already lol. Dangit!

Back