Official October 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help me get rid of my stash

For everyone who posted before this post, I have a couple of things I really want to get rid of. I'll be happy to send it for free since we're in a low buy/no buy. Everything I send if used will be sanitized.

Amuse Pro Eyeshadow Palette: All Natural(top palette)(swatched twice for blog post;threw away sponge)

Amuse Pro Eyeshadow Palette: Orange Zest(bottom palette)(swatched twice for blog post;threw away sponge)

Sephora Nail Design Pen in Read between the lines

Masqueology Pore Minimizing Masque (1 sheet) Claimed

The Body Shop Lily Cole Puff on Radiance(swatched 1x)

All Natural Face Mascara in Gun Metal​

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Sand Beige(swatched using that thing between the cap and product(the cover?)

Circus nail polish(the white one)Claimed

Revlon Photoready cream blush in pinch(swatched twice)Claimed

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Stain(used 1x)Claimed

Milani Baked Eyeshadow in I heart you(swatched 1x)

Bobbi Brown Gel Eye Liner in Black Ink(used 7x; Don't like the formula)

Skin79 BB Cream Gold Collection (75% full?)

Dr.Jart Water Fuse BB Cream(45%-50% full)

Inglot Freedom Lipstick in 19

Inglot Freedom Lipstick in 51

La Mellite Fresh Active Skin Care scrub

Cetaphil CleanserClaimed

Ahava Purifying Mud Mask

Freeman Vita-K Age Spots

Sephora Ultra Vinyl Lip Pencil in Miami Pink

Fusion Beauty Anti-Redness Primer(bought this late november-ish of last year, used 3x)

Fusion Beauty Anti-Wrinkle Primer(bought this late november-ish of last year, used 3x)

Youngblood Mineral Primer  Claimed

Sonia Kashuk Mascara in Black

Dermstore Lip Quench

Dragon Fruit Roll on Perfume Oil

Pixi Nude Shade Wardrobe(used 3x i think; it got chipped)

Please ask for multiple items(3 min;4 max)
PM me; First come first serve

I will be sending it the cheapest way possible with no tracking. I'll send you guys the pic of the receipt that shows only the city and zip code. 

Won't be able to send it until after the 15th.

Thanks!

I finally cut down on my subs with no regrets :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Looking through my collection made me realize I have way too many things that I'll never use or use again. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really purchase high end makeup (lol can't afford it) but I do have a nail polish addiction I need to control. I bought about 24 new polishes last month at CVS. I know I'm not in the big leagues yet but I just can't say no to nail polishes. I was lucky though because they had the W&W polishes on sale BOGO and with my ECB's I got them for nothing but tax. But just being on these forums just wants me to try out some of the great brands everyone here talks about. My collection is pretty small compared to others but with my 2 subs ( Ipsy and BB) I am gathering alot of face products which I don't use, I'm a strict Olay Of Olay user on my face. I will try and figure out how to post these products because they are just stuffed in a box. This is my last month with BB since I always seem to get the Meh boxes...lol You ladies all inspire me so much.

Uhhh.. ahem. I'm now on a no buy for polish! Sally's got me! I originally just needed to restock my Seche Vite and there was a promo for breast cancer awareness and so I got a China Glaze polish and pink key chain combo with the fast dry SV top coat. Then...China Glaze had a four pack, all full sizes, of the Halloween polish for $10.99... Yep, sure did get that, too. Lol, so no more polish this month!

I've actually been doing quite well this month. I did pick up a few nail polishes on sale on the 1st, but that's it so far. I was so proud of myself when I went into Sephora and didn't buy a single thing. I went in to get my birthday gift but I always manage to buy at least one thing while I'm in there. I saw a ton that would be nice to have, but I realized I don't actually need it. Right after I went to the MAC counter to check out the Marylin Monroe collection and swatched things only to find out nothing was really drawing me in. I've even been to a few drugstores and looked but not purchased. I think I'm starting to see the light, haha. 

I haven't bought anything beauty related, and went through my stash and gave a ton of it to my niece over the weekend.  I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with not buying anything at Ulta FF, not much has caught my eye at all.  Other than my BB, that may be it for the month.  We're going away one weekend, and doing kitchen remodel the other 2 weekends left in the month so it should keep me busy enough.  I just have to stay off the internet lol.  I'll stop into JCP Sephora to get my b-day gift though...

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Argh, Urban Decay F & F is calling to me.  Talk me out of it.
Don't do it! you'll feel so awesome after you say NO. 

I haven't bought anything (other than subs) this month so far!!!!! 

Went to cvs today and I didnt buy anything! So proud of myself, i usually come out with tons of unnecessary stuff

I'm proud of me.  I bought the lip stuff and paid $3 shipping for the sample of Rose Hip Black Soap.  That's it for beauty stuff.  Yay!  =)

So the Urban Decay sale is super tempting. I have three eyeshadows in my cart now and I could get them for less than what one costs. Taking a step back and thinking about it, I realized I'm only really wanting them because of the sale, not because I need them or have had my eye on them for a while. I don't know about you ladies, but I tend to buy things just because they are a good deal, very frequently in fact. I think I'm just going to wait it out and save my money for things I am really pining for. 

oh my gosh, I almost bought something from urban decay. Had to stop myself by closing the window right before checkout. 

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So the Urban Decay sale is super tempting. I have three eyeshadows in my cart now and I could get them for less than what one costs. Taking a step back and thinking about it, I realized I'm only really wanting them because of the sale, not because I need them or have had my eye on them for a while. I don't know about you ladies, but I tend to buy things just because they are a good deal, very frequently in fact. I think I'm just going to wait it out and save my money for things I am really pining for. 
Yes, the lure of a good deal gets me often.

So far, I'm holding strong. The thing I want from them (primer potion) will also be available in the future, possibly even on sale...

That ud sale doesnt even tempt me. I went to the mall for some shoes, got two pairs of flats but only because my chiropractor suggested I dont wear heels every day anymore :-( I dont have a single pair of flats, so I boughtwo. However, I didn't even go into sephora, and I admit that was so hard, but I am very proud of myself. I resisted! Yey!

I will admit that the UD sale has tempted me but I havent even been on their site, I know if i look i will buy without thinking lol

Epic failure. I got those ELF Disney Villainous palettes. I won't get much use outta them and I'm regretting the purchase. Sooo , EBay or return, it is.

Okay so i ended up going on the UD website and I was going to order the finishing spray and an eye shadow but something about my info wouldnt go through, so i guess thats a sign I shouldnt buy anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back