Official October 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I depotted most, but not quite all, of my pressed powder eyeshadows/cake eyeliner.  I filled up one large palette that I made (hooray for adhesive-backed magnets) and one tiny palette, also homemade.  15 pans in the large, 2 in the small.  There are still 4 that I couldn't get out of their pots.  Plus I have a few creme shadows, loose powder shadows, etc.  Clearly, I never need to buy eyeshadow again, especially green or purple.  The most ridiculous part is that I don't even wear eyeshadow every day!  I have only hit pan on ONE of these shadows.  Maybe next month's goal will be to use that one up...

I'm going on a no buy until December 21. Wish me luck. I tried going on a no buy last month and ended up buying 4 lipglosses from L.A. Colors.

Originally Posted by nin5in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going on a no buy until December 21. Wish me luck. I tried going on a no buy last month and ended up buying 4 lipglosses from L.A. Colors.
How were those? I just recently got a lipstick from them for my birthday and I was curious about the quality of some of their other products.

Maybe it's silly, but I'm super happy that it has been officially a week since I bought any makeup. I think sometimes celebrating the small successes makes way for bigger ones. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck ladies. 

Maybe it's silly, but I'm super happy that it has been officially a week since I bought any makeup. I think sometimes celebrating the small successes makes way for bigger ones. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck ladies. 
Lol, I haven't bought any nail polish in a little over a week and am excited and feeling quite accomplished. A little silly...but, I'm still happy..and relieved! Made my Disney Villainous palette returns, too. Frivolous purchase and won't get used, between the palettes I already own. Baby steps, indeed!

Im officially off my Oct no buy, but wanted to say thank u guys for the support and helping me stick with it for the first 2 Weeks of Oct :)

I went in the store today and did not buy any makeup. I looked at it for 5 minutes and then went to pick up what I was there for and checked out. Yay!!

Originally Posted by nin5in /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went in the store today and did not buy any makeup. I looked at it for 5 minutes and then went to pick up what I was there for and checked out. Yay!!
Don't you love that? It's such a wonderful feeling knowing you can so no to makeup. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

November will deff be a no buy, saving up for the holidays :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

plus all the samples i have, i should be good until dec.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I so failed in October.  =(  November will be better!
This! I've been lurking all month and I totally agree.

In retrospect, I was going on vacation and it was my birthday month, but I need to behave!

I am officially going on a no buy. I just tried to reorganize my stuff and it made me feel awful that I have so much. It just made me feel really shallow. Some people don't even have soap much less 500 bottles of body wash...That's an exaggeration, but you get my point.. I am going to keep my subs, but I have already cancelled three of them. Now I'm down to 2 BB, Myglam, sample society, Julep. I might cancel SS. I haven't really used anything over the last couple of months. It usually just ends up traded. I just hate to think that I might miss out, but I guess I can always find what I want to trade if I really want something from there. Ok I gotta stick to this. SO HARD!! 

Am I weird that I just want to buy stuff online for the sake of receiving package? I have to control this by going on Ulta/ELF/Cherry Culture, put everything I want in the cart, then close the browser and pretended that I bought stuff.

Narrowly avoided falling into the free shipping with $X amount purchase. There are a few things that I want from this company but I'd have to spend twice as much as planned just to get free shipping. 

I skipped out on Sephora's 5x point thing a while back.

I think I've done well all October.. I don't remember buying any makeup. BzzAgent and L'Oreal's testing thing have kept the packages coming so I don't feel the need to receive packages.

Need to buy a few things for Halloween, but it will be the first makeup purchase I've made this month (with my own money). At least it's not coming from an impulsive place and more based on need. I still think I'm doing incredibly well and for the first time in months, I actually have money left over from last weeks check and I get paid today. It's a great feeling. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I weird that I just want to buy stuff online for the sake of receiving package? I have to control this by going on Ulta/ELF/Cherry Culture, put everything I want in the cart, then close the browser and pretended that I bought stuff.
Haha its okay, I do that all the time! I love when the mail man brings me packages and if I can't afford something then I'll pretend I have money and look online lol

I'm very proud of myself. I sticked to my low buy and I only bought the stuff that i was saving up for since half of last month. I'm going to try to do the same for november.... i don't know though... so many sales next month...

Went in, got the super light foundation, got out. So proud to say that we are nearing the end of the month and I've only spent 5 dollars on makeup. It feels great knowing I can stick to this. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back