Official October 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i caved too! i bought some seche vite top coats but it was less 10 so thats all i will waste this month

I would have caved - plan to, even! - but the company hasn't gotten back to me yet.  =)  I emailed Shea Terra to ask about a sample size of the rose hip black soap, since I have rosacea and have to be careful with new stuff.  They answered that it is fantastic for rosacea and they're glad to send a sample, but charge $2.95 shipping.  I replied Monday that I was fine with that, and what did I have to do to place the order?  But they didn't reply.  I emailed again tonight.

Gotta give myself credit that it's just shipping for a sample I'm spending.  Even if it's fabulous, I plan to wait to get the full size until November. 

Maybe.

Can you return that one?
Already opened and played around lol. It's okay, I'll get lots of use and can easily stash them in a bag for a touch up. But, still a little wasteful since I have more than enough similar shades!

I would have caved - plan to, even! - but the company hasn't gotten back to me yet.  =)  I emailed Shea Terra to ask about a sample size of the rose hip black soap, since I have rosacea and have to be careful with new stuff.  They answered that it is fantastic for rosacea and they're glad to send a sample, but charge $2.95 shipping.  I replied Monday that I was fine with that, and what did I have to do to place the order?  But they didn't reply.  I emailed again tonight. Gotta give myself credit that it's just shipping for a sample I'm spending.  Even if it's fabulous, I plan to wait to get the full size until November.  Maybe.
The sample is 1oz, so a quarter of the full size. I do really like it, just make sure to use a coupon code when you buy the full size, I never pay full price for anything from ST.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sample is 1oz, so a quarter of the full size. I do really like it, just make sure to use a coupon code when you buy the full size, I never pay full price for anything from ST.

Thanks for the info on the sample - really good to know it's a size that will let me have several tries to see if I like it rather than a one-use foil pack or something!  I bought some of the whips on the September 30%, so I know you're right; it's definitely worth waiting for the next sale!  (30% will about cover the the shipping!)

I'm officially off the wagon, yet i'm content. I went into target to get a lighter shade of my foundation, and walked out with 2 cream blushes, a gloss, and a concealer (sans the foundation). At least I was on a low buy.

I had to replace my concealer and picked up a Hardy Candy Glamoflauge. Previously, I tried using a Too Faced concealer. So far, so good on performance and coverage! I didn't have time to go to my little Sephora in JCP and am trying not to place orders online for fear of being click happy lol. Plus, I've been switching concealers and purchasing new ones to experiment. Feeling good minus my WnW hiccup! But I pulled in a bit of OT last month and have a little more spending cash in my budget this month... Hopefully, it doesn't start burning a hole in my pocket!

I have.  Unless you count ordering Herpecin L cold sore lip stuff as a beauty product.  Other than that, I've not bought or ordered any beauty products yet.

Edit to mention - don't know who here has tried this product, but it's GREAT.  I don't get cold sores, but I hear it's good for that.  I just use it for generally dry and chapped lips.  More oily and moisturizing, rather than waxy.  It's SPF 30, too.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is anyone actually sticking to.their no buy or am I the only one? :p
I've been on a low buy and doing ok with it. I had a slight slip up, but am still doing very well with conscious buying. Admittedly, it's not very far into the month.

I've been on a low buy and doing ok with it. I had a slight slip up, but am still doing very well with conscious buying. Admittedly, it's not very far into the month.
That is my downfall! I've made two purchases? Still in budget, but towards the end of the month, I get twitchy lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is my downfall! I've made two purchases? Still in budget, but towards the end of the month, I get twitchy lol.
In my case, I HAD to buy two sets of nail strips (my old man dug the snakeskin ones that were more stickery, so I had to get the Target exclusive Sally Hansen ones, since I hate the stickers) and a bottle of foundation for contouring with. But temptation isn't so tempting, right now. Might be because I nearly threw out my back lifting my makeup bag the other day LOL

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is anyone actually sticking to.their no buy or am I the only one? :p
I'm in a low buy this month and I'm sticking with it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I an doing good so far, but I think I will end up buying something before the end of the month.. if I make it to the 15th I will be very proud of myself ! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think I'm now on more of a constant low-buy.  I realized today that my priorities got messed a bit lately.  I'll think nothing of buying $20+ worth of cosmetics many times a month, but really had to consider today whether I want to rejoin the gym, because it's $40/month.  =(  I think the gym will do a lot more for my appearance than a few more tubes of lipstick!

Adding in that we bought a new car this month, and that my school loans are coming out of deferment now, I think I need a permanent cut-down.  But it's okay.  I haven't always bought this much.  Just went on a bit of a binge the last four months or so.  So I'll back up a bit so that it's more like what it used to be - but with sub boxes now!  =)

I am so glad my sleek makeup and asos order came in yesterday(ordered towards the end of last month). this should save me from buying anything new :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's the reason I'm in a low buy now lol

I'm going to attempt a no-buy for the rest of October and all of November.  Crossing fingers.  That means not taking advantage of the Sephora F&F sale.  Yikes.

Back