Official Pictureless Haul Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a new corset!!  Went in for a fitting and the girls were amazing.  Not the best in the world but very well made and made in the USA....  $80..... 

I bought NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia and an Hourglass lipstick in Grace...So far I'm loving both, but I'm still cautious about the foundation. I purchased it once before and returned it...but now that I've purchased a flat top brush for foundation, I'm giving it another go since it's hard to match my very pale skin. I think the new technique is working, but it's only been two days so far.

My shopping day sucked! I went by the MAC counter and 1) everything from Wonder Woman was crap. The one blush I wanted was hard (I really had to press with my finger to get product up), and everything was really nothing special. 2) They don't get the new Gaga lipstick and gloss until next week. 3) They don't even sell the brush I wanted!!! So I left with friggin' nothing. So I said screw it and headed to the SiJCP. I thought I might pick up one or two Kat Von D pigments. NOTHING! Not a single one! So I got one of the sale nail polish I wanted (Brunette on the Internet) and left. Hpmh!

I also got the most gorgeous nail polish at Rite Aid, but I can't say which one because I am sending one to Lola with the Oke Doke polishes. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (neener neener Lola!)

Booo that IS a bad day shopping Leti!  Well, good for the bank accounts though!

Saturday I got the new Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Happy Days.  Wanted to look for the new Kat Von D palette that just came out but didn't feel well and totally spaced it off.  I'm sure my little SiJCP doesn't have it yet so I'll wait and check back later. 

Leti did they not have the pigments or didn't you like them?

They didn't have them or the new palette. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The regular stores will probably have them before the JCP locations. I'd love to know how you like the pencils. I don't have any, but am thinking about trying them.

The Nars pencils?  So far the one little lonely one I got seems comparable to the Clinique, which I LOVE.  I got the Happy Days, which is a peachy coral color, and the Nars ones do seem to have more shimmer than the Clinique, and don't glide on QUITE so well, but I'm going to hold off on that right now--I've been sick for the last week and my lips are REALLY chapped and icky right now.  So I'm hoping once they aren't so scaly anymore the gloss will be better.  I will say I like the coverage of the Clinique better right now, and they are 10 bucks cheaper!

Massive Birthday haul!

Ulta

Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude

Benefit High Brow Pencil

freebees

Bad Gal Lash mascara sample

Ulta beauty bag w/ several samples

Beckham for her perfume sample

Giorgio Armani Idole for her sample

Nexus Therappe shampoo and conditioner samples!!!!

Sephora

Kat Von D Cat eye brush set

freebees

Philosophy Birthday Cake 3-in-1

Bare Escentuals foundation, brush, and primer sample trio

Tarina Tarantino Pearl Primer

Hanae Mori for men sample

Alas, I took pics, but didn't have the memory card in ma camera. If I find a way to get them, I shall upload. Anywho, Murale 20x the Points Haul. I'm determined to get my 95000 Points: - Bioderma Sensibio H20 solution micelle 125mL bottles x2. How they can get away with charging $4.95CDN each for these, but $22CDN for the 250mL bottle, I do not know. This is the first and only time I've seen ones these size - and they only had one on display on Thursday, when I put my stuff on hold, and 1 bottle at the cash today. I will be stocking up on these; much better value for money. - Chanel Le Vernis #513 in Black Pearl. For some reason, Murale still had this and Pearl Drop, but no Peche Nacree? Absolutely shocked, but had to pick up. It's sold at all the Bay and Sears stores that I've looked at, so I really lucked out. - La Roche Posay Toleraine Dermo-Cleanse. - NARS Tainted Love set. - Murale brand mesh electric blue makeup bag.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Massive Birthday haul!

Tarina Tarantino Pearl Primer
Happy belated birthday! How do you like that primer, have you tried it yet? I got that with my last Sephora order and I'm not seeing any "pearl" or highlighter properties, which is very good. I was afraid of looking greasy or disco ball. It works just like it's supposed to for me, at least I think so, but I don't have a lot of experience with primers so I'd like to hear other opinions and see if there is something I missed or should look for.

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alas, I took pics, but didn't have the memory card in ma camera. If I find a way to get them, I shall upload.

Anywho, Murale 20x the Points Haul. I'm determined to get my 95000 Points:

- Bioderma Sensibio H20 solution micelle 125mL bottles x2.

I've never heard of Murale, is it like a Canadian Sephora?

That's the second time this week I've come across that cleanser. I was reading back posts at Birmingham Lady and it's her favorite facial cleanser because she has sensitive skin and it never breaks her out, but she is living in the UK and they don't sell it there. She would have to buy it abroad for like $30 a bottle with $10 shipping. YIKES!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Happy belated birthday! How do you like that primer, have you tried it yet? I got that with my last Sephora order and I'm not seeing any "pearl" or highlighter properties, which is very good. I was afraid of looking greasy or disco ball. It works just like it's supposed to for me, at least I think so, but I don't have a lot of experience with primers so I'd like to hear other opinions and see if there is something I missed or should look for.
Thank you Donna, I haven't tried it yet, but I'll update you on here when I try it probably next week. I don't wanna use it this week since I've been going on interviews and meeting with employers , I don't wanna use it just in case it does have a greasy disco ball effect!

I picked up:

Revlon Matte Eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet

Revlon Satin Eyeshadow in Peacock Lustre

Essie Fast Dry Top Coat (I think that may not be the actual name)

I have no eye shadows from Revlon.  How are they?  I see them around but I find they look so boring and uninteresting I never purchased.  A rep from Revlon came to a little session at the office but she more promoted the Colour Stay line, not so much the shadows and stuff, so I never really got a chance to swatch them.

I've never heard of Murale, is it like a Canadian Sephora?

That's the second time this week I've come across that cleanser. I was reading back posts at Birmingham Lady and it's her favorite facial cleanser because she has sensitive skin and it never breaks her out, but she is living in the UK and they don't sell it there. She would have to buy it abroad for like $30 a bottle with $10 shipping. YIKES!
Yep. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shoppers Drug Mart opens it; it's become more like Boots in the last decade (carrying mid-end and high-end makeup), or like those CVS360 things on the West Coast. Honestly, Murale has surpassed Sephora for me because of the points reward programmes, but yes! Definately visit SDM and Murale if you're ever in Canada. It's ridiculous! I think Shoppers started carrying Bioderma (select products) about a year ago and Murale maybe about 6 months ago? I haven't been able to find the line at any other drug chains. But yes - I have yet to see the 500mL bottles on sale here, and I'm refusing to spend $35US + customs, taxes & shipping to get one. I'll just stick with the cheap 125mL bottles whenever I can find them, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I picked a few things which really made my day!!!

~ Mac Viva Glam V Lipglass

~ E.L.F. makeup remover towelettes (3 bucks a bag is such a steal!!!!! I bought them all)

~ 3 NYX liquid liners (free from my Ulta rewards points so I gave them to my daughter)

~ Mac brush cleanser

Back