Open Bag Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized the lbb has started charging more than the item is worth for the bundles. For example you buy an item with $16 retail value that bundle cost $29 + Shipping. I swear the bundles used to cost less than the item. That's the only reason I would buy them. I guess they're starting to really price gouge its crazy. 

I just realized the lbb has started charging more than the item is worth for the bundles. For example you buy an item with $16 retail value that bundle cost $29 + Shipping. I swear the bundles used to cost less than the item. That's the only reason I would buy them. I guess they're starting to really price gouge its crazy. 
I think they're still trying to figure out what works best for them. The $16 items are in $30 bundles, but you are now getting two additional items, not one. Trading still sucks, though.

Originally Posted by SubJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not just the lower priced bundles they have increased the price on a lot of bags and jewelery too. For example the DL Greenwich duffle is a $90 w/ 2 items + shipping bundle. The stylists picks were less than desired from what I heard because of the price point no one has opened with that bag as far as I can tell, there are none in the gallery trading that I've seen. I don't think $90 for a DL bag is worth it they are nice but not that nice.

It was said in chat I think but not 100% certain on where I heard this but they supposedly said they raised the price point on the lower priced items so that they could give better stylists picks in that bundle. I don't think the stylists picks have improved very much or at all in those cases.

They have also inflated the retail price of some of jewelry. A Mata Traders bracelet retail valued higher on LBB than it is on the actual Mata Trader Website. This is also the case with the Love Nail Tree watches I bought one of the slimmer ones a few months ago and it's retail was $36 and now they have them set at $56.

The Mason Jar hair tie things were also set at a higher retail value than the manufacturer price point until some customers pointed that out to LBB and after many excuses were made on their part they adjusted the price.

I really don't like the direction they are going with the prices I could easily go to TJ Maxx or Ross and get a better price on a bag and still have money left over. I liked LBB for the trading though because that was something you couldn't get at those stores but now even that has become slow and not all that fun anymore. Since they are charging more for the items initially I find people want far more in retail value for the items they are trading, which is completely understandable but not all that conductive to trading.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they're still trying to figure out what works best for them. The $16 items are in $30 bundles, but you are now getting two additional items, not one. Trading still sucks, though.
I actually only received one item in my bundle. I'm a little upset, but I love my item. 

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not just the lower priced bundles they have increased the price on a lot of bags and jewelery too. For example the DL Greenwich duffle is a $90 w/ 2 items + shipping bundle. The stylists picks were less than desired from what I heard because of the price point no one has opened with that bag as far as I can tell, there are none in the gallery trading that I've seen. I don't think $90 for a DL bag is worth it they are nice but not that nice.

It was said in chat I think but not 100% certain on where I heard this but they supposedly said they raised the price point on the lower priced items so that they could give better stylists picks in that bundle. I don't think the stylists picks have improved very much or at all in those cases.

They have also inflated the retail price of some of jewelry. A Mata Traders bracelet retail valued higher on LBB than it is on the actual Mata Trader Website. This is also the case with the Love Nail Tree watches I bought one of the slimmer ones a few months ago and it's retail was $36 and now they have them set at $56.

The Mason Jar hair tie things were also set at a higher retail value than the manufacturer price point until some customers pointed that out to LBB and after many excuses were made on their part they adjusted the price.

I really don't like the direction they are going with the prices I could easily go to TJ Maxx or Ross and get a better price on a bag and still have money left over. I liked LBB for the trading though because that was something you couldn't get at those stores but now even that has become slow and not all that fun anymore. Since they are charging more for the items initially I find people want far more in retail value for the items they are trading, which is completely understandable but not all that conductive to trading.
I think that with all the new additions and price changes. It's making trading much more difficult nobody wants to trade when they've actually paid almost full price for the item. 

So I'm fairly new to LBB...and immediately became obsessed, even though trading sucks compared to what it used to be from what I hear!  Does anyone know if there's any central spot for us to trade/sell items from LBB that we wound up not loving in person??  I've seriously had a bag open constantly since I learned about it, and I've wound up with a few bags that I'm less than in love with, and I hate to let them just sit in boxes untouched!  How do all you pros handle such things?

So I'm fairly new to LBB...and immediately became obsessed, even though trading sucks compared to what it used to be from what I hear!  Does anyone know if there's any central spot for us to trade/sell items from LBB that we wound up not loving in person??  I've seriously had a bag open constantly since I learned about it, and I've wound up with a few bags that I'm less than in love with, and I hate to let them just sit in boxes untouched!  How do all you pros handle such things?
Why don't you return them and get credit for them? I used to be super into LBB but I can't stand the site anymore or how the company is ran. Dan is a total douche and all of the CS agents change stories every five minutes. Trading is terrible now and you can get much better deals at TJ MAXX, Marshall's and Ross.

Yeah, I think I need to part ways with LBB for a bit.  I did some organizing this weekend and I just have way too much stuff from them that I'll never use.  It's such a cool concept but I agree...it really doesn't wind up being that great of a value.  And the chat...that may be the most annoying thing on the planet...it's just really difficult for someone new to get any type of sound advice or suggestions - they're just trapped in this strange little LBB clique where they just trade with each other.  It's very off putting for new members.  Oh well.  Maybe things will get better down the road.  

Yeah, I think I need to part ways with LBB for a bit.  I did some organizing this weekend and I just have way too much stuff from them that I'll never use.  It's such a cool concept but I agree...it really doesn't wind up being that great of a value.  And the chat...that may be the most annoying thing on the planet...it's just really difficult for someone new to get any type of sound advice or suggestions - they're just trapped in this strange little LBB clique where they just trade with each other.  It's very off putting for new members.  Oh well.  Maybe things will get better down the road.  
Mhm I totally agree on you on the chat. I haven't opened a bag in such a long time! I opened my last one because they gave me $10 credit off any bag I opened. And seriously I opened a bag with the least amount I could spend lol. I ended actually with like 3 small items which I have no clue how I did that since no one wanted to trade. But I just don't like the site anymore because the prices have gone up and people just don't want to trade. Now I'm saving up that money and going to TJ Maxx and getting some new clothes and small accessories that I like. I found a $30 scarf on sale for $5.00!! You would have to give up everything in your bag to get a scarf on LBB.

I just shipped my last bag (I had $20 in credits to use) and emailed them to cancel right after. It's just not fun anymore...trading is TERRIBLE these days...I miss the times when everyone traded with everyone, and not just made prearranged trades in chat with people they know. I got a cute bag, two Betsey hats, and a Cargo quad (one of the few I am missing), but I made only one successful trade and I had to trade down considerably for that. Oh well.

I just shipped my last bag (I had $20 in credits to use) and emailed them to cancel right after. It's just not fun anymore...trading is TERRIBLE these days...I miss the times when everyone traded with everyone, and not just made prearranged trades in chat with people they know. I got a cute bag, two Betsey hats, and a Cargo quad (one of the few I am missing), but I made only one successful trade and I had to trade down considerably for that. Oh well.
Yeah I think my best bag was during Black Friday last year when they had all of those bonus items. The chat feature ruined the site for me though, because of what you said. It used to be really fun--sad that there's nothing else quite like it.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trading is incredibly slow now a days. I think a lot of new people don't understand that making trade offers isn't limited to the bag links that they see in chat. I really wish they would focus on updating the trading system so making trades would be less tedious. Why can't I just put trade offers for this one item on ALL the things I would trade it for instead of having to individually select each item, it's just so slow. I think a lot of ppl don't want to waste their time doing that and also contributes to how slow things are.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trading is incredibly slow now a days. I think a lot of new people don't understand that making trade offers isn't limited to the bag links that they see in chat. I really wish they would focus on updating the trading system so making trades would be less tedious. Why can't I just put trade offers for this one item on ALL the things I would trade it for instead of having to individually select each item, it's just so slow. I think a lot of ppl don't want to waste their time doing that and also contributes to how slow things are.

I have no problem making offers (yes, it is tedious, but I don't mind really), but people used to accept offers, all the time, and the main point of the bag was the fun trading! Now, the only offers you receive are the free bonus items for your larger items, and no one accepts anything. They've really screwed up a good thing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It used to be my favorite way to "shop" for bags and jewelry...sad.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I think my best bag was during Black Friday last year when they had all of those bonus items. The chat feature ruined the site for me though, because of what you said. It used to be really fun--sad that there's nothing else quite like it.   Chat is kind of alienating. A few months ago, I was on LBB to distract me while waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. I accepted two $20 pieces of jewellery for a $24 'bindy' bracelet, and didn't think anything of it. A bit later I noticed I was being paged in chat, and was told the trade had been a glitch and that I should trade the items back. Only, I didn't have them – I'd traded them as part of a multi on a bag. And since my bag was near closing, I didn't have a lot of items to trade back easily, just stuff I'd already traded way down for.

The girl was understanding but her friends weren't. They told me that I knew all along that the trade was a mistake and that I purposely traded the items away quickly so that I wouldn't get caught. They demanded to know the name of the person who traded me the bag so that they could check with her to see if I were lying or not, and see if she'd undo the trade with me so that I could 'fix' the mistake. They discussed amongst themselves whether anyone remembered if this person had that bag earlier in the day. They told stories about mistaken trades they'd received and how they were good enough to give the items back. About how they always checked in chat any time they thought a trade might be uneven, but how there were bad people on the site who just wanted to scam and take advantage of others. Like me, apparently.

The next day the person who experienced the glitch complained to LBB and they replaced the item. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Chat is kind of alienating. A few months ago, I was on LBB to distract me while waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. I accepted two $20 pieces of jewellery for a $24 'bindy' bracelet, and didn't think anything of it. A bit later I noticed I was being paged in chat, and was told the trade had been a glitch and that I should trade the items back. Only, I didn't have them – I'd traded them as part of a multi on a bag. And since my bag was near closing, I didn't have a lot of items to trade back easily, just stuff I'd already traded way down for.

The girl was understanding but her friends weren't. They told me that I knew all along that the trade was a mistake and that I purposely traded the items away quickly so that I wouldn't get caught. They demanded to know the name of the person who traded me the bag so that they could check with her to see if I were lying or not, and see if she'd undo the trade with me so that I could 'fix' the mistake. They discussed amongst themselves whether anyone remembered if this person had that bag earlier in the day. They told stories about mistaken trades they'd received and how they were good enough to give the items back. About how they always checked in chat any time they thought a trade might be uneven, but how there were bad people on the site who just wanted to scam and take advantage of others. Like me, apparently.

The next day the person who experienced the glitch complained to LBB and they replaced the item. 
That's ridiculous I've traded things by accident before and realized that it was my fault and no one elses. Sometimes learning cost money. It's no one elses fault but your own suck it up and don't let it happen again. 

Chat is kind of alienating. A few months ago, I was on LBB to distract me while waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. I accepted two $20 pieces of jewellery for a $24 'bindy' bracelet, and didn't think anything of it. A bit later I noticed I was being paged in chat, and was told the trade had been a glitch and that I should trade the items back. Only, I didn't have them – I'd traded them as part of a multi on a bag. And since my bag was near closing, I didn't have a lot of items to trade back easily, just stuff I'd already traded way down for.

I'm sorry that happened to you, in chat it seems you are guilty until proven innocent in those cases because of shady people in the past. I wish chat was more closely monitored a lot of things like that could be avoided if LBB paid more attention to it.

I have no problem making offers (yes, it is tedious, but I don't mind really), but people used to accept offers, all the time, and the main point of the bag was the fun trading! Now, the only offers you receive are the free bonus items for your larger items, and no one accepts anything. They've really screwed up a good thing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It used to be my favorite way to "shop" for bags and jewelry...sad.
You have way more patience than I do ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After about 20 items I pretty much give up lol That's true too people don't accept offers like they used to. Sometimes you gotta trade down to trade up again and that is a lost concept. 

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I think my best bag was during Black Friday last year when they had all of those bonus items. The chat feature ruined the site for me though, because of what you said. It used to be really fun--sad that there's nothing else quite like it.   Chat is kind of alienating. A few months ago, I was on LBB to distract me while waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. I accepted two $20 pieces of jewellery for a $24 'bindy' bracelet, and didn't think anything of it. A bit later I noticed I was being paged in chat, and was told the trade had been a glitch and that I should trade the items back. Only, I didn't have them – I'd traded them as part of a multi on a bag. And since my bag was near closing, I didn't have a lot of items to trade back easily, just stuff I'd already traded way down for.

I remember, a while back, someone accepted a trade offer that came up and then had people literally spreading her name around and out to get her, because the trade had been set up in chat and intended for someone else...they insisted that she had been lurking in chat and snagged the trade on purpose...what?? Like...LBB does not allow you to make a trade offer to specific individuals for a reason...that's not what it's about! This was my first bag in months, and yeah, it'll be my last...the chat completely ruined the whole experience. It's probably a good thing...at my peek, I did a bag a week, and I can't really afford that anyway...I like Wantable as a way to get surprise jewelry right now, I just wish there was a fun way of shopping for bags! lol 

You have way more patience than I do ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After about 20 items I pretty much give up lol That's true too people don't accept offers like they used to. Sometimes you gotta trade down to trade up again and that is a lost concept. 

Lol, I just used to view it as kind of a hobby or something! Or a game!

That chat drama sounds like middle school. The whole point of Lbb for me is that you jump on a good trade like that when it comes in. And yeah, you sometimes miss out and get disappointed.

Back