Open Bag Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I remember, a while back, someone accepted a trade offer that came up and then had people literally spreading her name around and out to get her, because the trade had been set up in chat and intended for someone else...they insisted that she had been lurking in chat and snagged the trade on purpose...what?? Like...LBB does not allow you to make a trade offer to specific individuals for a reason...that's not what it's about! This was my first bag in months, and yeah, it'll be my last...the chat completely ruined the whole experience. It's probably a good thing...at my peek, I did a bag a week, and I can't really afford that anyway...I like Wantable as a way to get surprise jewelry right now, I just wish there was a fun way of shopping for bags! lol 
Several months back a girl (a rare someone who gets on my nerves, which takes a lot) arranged a trade in chat and when she sent the offer out the trade got snagged by a regular LBBer, but someone who never chats, and this girl started with the conspiracies that the girl must have been watching chat and she just assigned all these nefarious intentions to her, despite the fact that she sent this great trade offer to not one single person, but 10+ people who had that item.  I called her out on it, and told her that what she was doing wasn't cool; and then she and several others started bringing up all this irrelevant stuff about the girl to supposedly strengthen the case against her, like that she always has huge bags (relevance?  None), and gifts all the time (relevance?  None)  and never ships anything (relevance?  None).  And even so, so what?  Why should they care?  How is anyone effected by how big this girl's bag is, or that she gifts and doesn't ship anything?  What business is it of anybody's?  How is any of this proof she's a terrible person of poor character?  Inventing conspiracies about people is much stronger proof of possessing poor character if you ask me.  Not owning up to the risk you took when you arranged a trade and sent it out to numerous people knowing full well it could get snagged is also much stronger proof of possessing poor character if you ask me.

I told her something like that she can blame herself for sending that trade to tons of people, instead of inventing conspiracies.  A conspiracy which may or may not be true, she doesn't know, and she shouldn't pretend to know and talk crap when this was her own fault.  What's funny is the girl who she arranged the trade with, the person who was supposed to receive it, actually seemed turned off by her reaction and made it clear over and over throughout my back and forth with this girl that she's not upset about this and she doesn't think there was a conspiracy and that sending that kind of a trade had a pretty big risk of getting snagged.  Anyway, yeah, I think this incident was probably my most heated interaction with any LBB member in chat ever.  

For trade-backs, on something like a bindy, which are pretty popular, it's not alarming to receive a 40 double trade offer on one, I probably wouldn't check chat if I received and accepted that offer.  On something unpopular, if I receive an out-of-the-ordinary trade offer, I'll accept, then check chat and see if anyone comes in about a mistake.  If so, I'll trade back.  If it's super ridiculous no-sane-person-would-make-this-offer kind of offer, I'll accept then actively seek them out.

However, not too long ago I had a bracelet that was quite popular, as popular as bindy's are, if not more, and I was planning on shipping it, but someone sent me a nice offer that I couldn't refuse, it was only $10 above retail, but it was a double with nice items.  I never checked chat, never entered my mind that that trade was a mistake.  I found out weeks later that it was a mistake when the person had opened a bag again and we were chatting in chat and she brought it up, it was actually a chat buddy of mine who had made that trade.  She told me she had to go to CS because she couldn't find me at the time, and CS took care of it for her.  She apparently had only meant to send one item, but it accidentally sent 2.  I guess I was lucky that it was a friend of mine, and not, say, some conspiracy theorist spreading tall tales about me, because she was really understanding about me being in the dark about it being a mistake trade and I guess she even told CS at the time not to trade the items back because she didn't want to effect my bag so they worked something else out, plus I think she knows me well enough to know that had I known I would have traded back.  I offered to make it up to her anyway, despite CS taking care of it, but she's being difficult about allowing me to do that, lol.  But anyway, I guess the point of this story is that if you send a mistake trade on a popular item, it probably won't ring any alarm bells for whoever accepts it, so it might be tougher to find the person or get the trade mistake corrected with them before any further trading activity occurs.

The vast majority of the time, I'm trading on my phone (at work. Shh!) and don't even look at chat, so i have no idea what has been arranged in chat. I rarely open a bag nowadays because I absolutely despise the way chat has completely destroyed trading.

Yeah, I never go into chat, period...the rare occasion when I used to, people were in there stirring up drama and throwing fits, and I'm not much of a chatter anyway. The way I see it, if you make the offer, it is fair game, until LBB makes a feature in which you can make an offer to one person only.

I like chat more for chatting, which probably annoys people who think chat should be all business.  Most of the people in chat are pretty cool, though, or at the very least, are nice.  But I go on spurts, I get in a chatting mood and will chat for a day, then not chat for, like, 4 days, lol.  But even if I'm in a chatting mood, I'll avoid chat if there are trade beggars in there, or if it's super busy and chat is just going too fast.  Early mornings are nice on chat.  If I happen to catch drama (I usually miss it, though, but not always) I'll lurk and read it, can't help myself, drama can be pretty entertaining sometimes, for an observer anyway, lol.

Woah...crazy stuff going in the chat room!

I had two accounts with LBB and cancelled both about a week ago because I had not ordered anything from them for awhile and seriously didn't miss them at all.

I have actually been going to TJ Maxx and have found a shirt for $12.00, scarf for $5.00, nailpolish for $4.99, a marc jacobs roller ball for $10.00, & a shower curtain for $10.00. I prefer doing that now rather then going on LBB...it is hands down no longer fun. I used to LOVE trading, I seriously didn't care that I didn't end up with 15 items in my bag but I would trade for those items I truly loved and yes sometimes I had to trade 2 items for that specific item but I did not care. It was fun trading and ending up with items you loved but now its all about value and apparently set up trades on the chat, how is that fun??? 

I used to do at least two bags a month and since march I've only opened two and barely traded anything trading was so terrible. The last time I offered everything in my bag on a few single items just to at least ship something I liked. I think most of the merch is ugly now. I used to have a list on the first of stuff I wanted to trade for but now I have trouble finding anything worth opening for. LBB does way too much shady stuff now too and its not worth actually trying to trade and your stuff wind up out of stock. I'm only going to open if I see something I really want. Thanks LBB you had something good going and you had to destroy it. You'll be out of business soon.

I feel like the service has gone down hill. The shoes is the worst part. I feel like it saps up most of the energy of the other departments. I used to get a bag if it had betsey johnson earrings or necklaces but it seems like they don't get them that often. Also the makeup part used to be better. I remember the benefit on there :/. I rarely get a bag now when I was a full on addict. Trades really stink. 

Quote: Originally Posted by crescentmoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I feel like the service has gone down hill. The shoes is the worst part. I feel like it saps up most of the energy of the other departments. I used to get a bag if it had betsey johnson earrings or necklaces but it seems like they don't get them that often. Also the makeup part used to be better. I remember the benefit on there :/. I rarely get a bag now when I was a full on addict. Trades really stink. 
I agree about the shoes.

As for makeup, it's always been hit or miss, and things like Benefit being on there have only been occasional...I actually found that this time there was a bigger selection of makeup than usual (and Cargo is really great stuff!)

I'll miss this as a way to shop for necklaces and bags, but oh well...

http://www.littleblackbag.com/product/details/88910/black-tan-red-emma-fox-classics-top-handle-frame-satchel  I just saw this satchel on LBB, whereas the same bag is on Macy's right now (in not as great colors) for $100 more.  http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/emma-fox-handbag-classic-top-handle-leather-frame-satchel?ID=1079282&cm_mmc=GOOGLE_Handbags_Geo_PLA-_-PLA+Handbags+Sale_Ad+Group+%232-_-28981225900_ -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />_mkwid_uZtjWazh|d{device}_28981225900%7C-%7CuZtjWazh

About to pull the trigger on this one (first ever).  If anyone is lurking, quickly, is there a drawback to my signing up right now just to get this bag?  Looks like there's only 2 left, so I really want to open this bag, but it seems like there's a lot of bad LBB feedback in this thread...

No drawbacks that I can think of, though they aren't running any promos right now. You might get something extra for being a new member though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No drawbacks that I can think of, though they aren't running any promos right now. You might get something extra for being a new member though. 

They are offering 25% off my first bag, so it would be $112.  Still a lot of money for a bag, but the bag caught my eye and I think it would be absolutely amazing for this fall/winter.  Eeek.

Of course, I'm wondering how fast a high priced bag like that would actually sell out, despite being only 2 of them left.  I'm thinking that I might want to pop out to TJ Maxx and/or Ross to see what's in their bag aisle first.  The last time I thought about LBB, I saw this Deux Lux bag http://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/2011/03/11/deux-lux-wine-wine-basketwoven-decker-satchel-purple-product-1-452660-902426353_large_flex.jpeg in blue for $65.  I held out at the time and found the same bag in a deep wine color in the clearance section of TJ Maxx for $32 and snagged it.

I don't see this bag anywhere cheaper at the moment, so I'm on the fence.  If I could only yank myself away from this computer long enough to check around....

I like the DL bag, good find! 

I would guess that the bag would still be there for a little while. I don't have a bag open now, but earlier this week it was kind of slow. A lot of people are upset because many items are out of stock, though they said that they are getting a handle on that issue. If it were me, I'd shop around for a day or so, but if you really absolutely want it, you could get it just to be safe. 

I like the DL bag, good find! 

I would guess that the bag would still be there for a little while. I don't have a bag open now, but earlier this week it was kind of slow. A lot of people are upset because many items are out of stock, though they said that they are getting a handle on that issue. If it were me, I'd shop around for a day or so, but if you really absolutely want it, you could get it just to be safe. 
I'm holding out.  When my husband goes and gets his free Olive Garden meal on Veteran's Day, I think I'll go scope out TJ Maxx :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Chat is kind of alienating. A few months ago, I was on LBB to distract me while waiting for my mother to get out of surgery. I accepted two $20 pieces of jewellery for a $24 'bindy' bracelet, and didn't think anything of it. A bit later I noticed I was being paged in chat, and was told the trade had been a glitch and that I should trade the items back. Only, I didn't have them – I'd traded them as part of a multi on a bag. And since my bag was near closing, I didn't have a lot of items to trade back easily, just stuff I'd already traded way down for.

The girl was understanding but her friends weren't. They told me that I knew all along that the trade was a mistake and that I purposely traded the items away quickly so that I wouldn't get caught. They demanded to know the name of the person who traded me the bag so that they could check with her to see if I were lying or not, and see if she'd undo the trade with me so that I could 'fix' the mistake. They discussed amongst themselves whether anyone remembered if this person had that bag earlier in the day. They told stories about mistaken trades they'd received and how they were good enough to give the items back. About how they always checked in chat any time they thought a trade might be uneven, but how there were bad people on the site who just wanted to scam and take advantage of others. Like me, apparently.

The next day the person who experienced the glitch complained to LBB and they replaced the item. 

I was there that day for this! I'm just about the only one who took your side and told them for heavens sake, this is a known problem! And told that girl all she had to do was tell cs and they would replace her items, which....ta dah! they did. GAWD they sure love them some drama in chat, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Aww, thanks! I remember you then, and I appreciated that! <3 After that experience, I tend to just lurk in chat occasionally. It's nice to know that not everyone is like that!

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was there that day for this! I'm just about the only one who took your side and told them for heavens sake, this is a known problem! And told that girl all she had to do was tell cs and they would replace her items, which....ta dah! they did. GAWD they sure love them some drama in chat, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Wow! That's bad. I remember this coming up and that time people pretty much told the girl to give up and move on. I kept telling her not everyone pays attention to chat so the person who accepted her trade might not even know she was chatting about it. MoiSurtout was in the right. Items are very fluid on LBB (though not as much as they used to be--trading heydeys appear to be over). Nonetheless, if you accept a trade and immediately get rid of it, that's your prerogative. Nothing you can do to bring the item back either. Geez people! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Just wanted to share why I am going to quit ordering from Little Black Bag. I'll post some back and forth emails below, but for background, here is what happened. They had just released a Steve Madden scarf I wanted. It was selling quickly. So instead of waiting to see if I could use an exchange credit after 24 hours, I opened a new bag for it. When several weeks had passed since closing and it still had not shipped, I emailed them to ask what happened. They said they'd tried emailing me because the Steve Madden was out of stock. They wanted to offer me one single $50 item for a bag which had 2 items worth around $65-75 when my bag closed. I was angry off the bat because this had happened to me before with LBB. But the big difference when it happened the first time was that it was an item I'd kept in my bag through gifting for some time while I tried to decide if I wanted it or not, *plus* it happened just after they moved warehouses. This time it happened with a brand new item and I had placed my order when there were around 5 or 6 scarves left. So it was bad enough that it happened in the first place, but they only made it worse by the way they responded to me. Here's the last few back and forth emails in a spoiler:

Here is where I declined their oh so generous offer of giving me a $50 item credit for my $29 order. Never mind the fact that they wanted to keep my $29 to open a bag which gave me 2 items and the scarf I opened with was probably close to $50 by itself. Yes, to make up for their own error, they wanted to give me less of a deal than I could have gotten for opening up a brand new $29 bag. Crazy:  
Heather Hicks, Nov 28 04:10 pm (PST): Given the circumstances, I'd prefer a full refund for all charges relating to this order (including shipping, if applicable). I don't recall what Little Black Bag stated as the retail value on the scarf, but I see it can be purchased for $48 on Zappos. I had a pair of earrings in my bag with a Little Black Bag estimated value of $24. Thus, one single $50 item code or exchange credit would not compensate me for the two items I lost of a higher combined value. I hope you understand my logic. Because trading is involved, when something like this happens, it has an even greater impact than it would have at an ordinary store. It also makes offering exchange credits or even full refunds inadequate if the person who placed the order was able to trade upward in retail value. Quite frankly, I always try to do this with items I don't want, and I simply send an item back for an exchange credit if I don't like it to 'preserve the value I gained by trading up.' I still do not understand exactly what led to this error and I still maintain that this should not happen with a brand new item now that you have completed your move. If departments need to better coordinate with one another, they need to learn how to do so very quickly. Of course, I don't blame any individual person for this. I was angry (and still am very disappointed) in the company as a whole. Things like this cannot be allowed to continue or Little Black Bag will lose the trust of their customers and all their integrity, which is still important to me, personally. HeatherLittle Black Bag

Here is their response:

Reese, Nov 29 12:00 pm (PST): Hi HeatherSorry for all of the trouble you have been experiencing. I'll cancel this bag for you as a one time courtesy and you'll see the refund for the amount charged on your card for the order in a few business days. We hope that you'll check back since we add new merchandise to the site on a weekly basis!Have a delightful day,ReeseCustomer Service AmbassadorWe'd really appreciate it if you can take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey regarding our conversation. Please go to http://www.instant.ly/s/eq9Li to let us know how we did!

And here is my final response to them sent less than 5 minutes ago:

No Reese. This will NOT be my "one time courtesy cancel." You are correcting your (as in the company's) own mistakes! I have ordered numerous bags from this company over the past 2-3 years. I have never asked to cancel a bag. I don't intend to do so. In fact, I don't intend to do so because I plan on using up all my exchange credits instead of opening a new bag and then I am going to cancel my subscription. No offense to you personally, but this company has the worst overall customer service I have seen in a long time. Yes, problems are taken care of, but the attitude in which they are taken care of is horrible. Prime example--calling my cancellation request a 'courtesy' as if you are doing me a favor after I did something wrong. Perhaps to you it is all semantics (and I'm sure it is the company's asinine policy to make you refer to it as a 'courtesy cancel' no matter what) , but I find it very insulting. You have great products for the most part, but I'll look elsewhere to make purchases now that I know what brands I like. Again, no personal offense and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry to see you are back at work on Friday instead of having another day off. Heather

Boy was I happy to see that survey link, lol! 

I am so glad I haven't done LBB.  I almost pulled the trigger, but I stopped myself and shopped at TJ Maxx instead.  Every story I read is a nightmare.  Someone even left me a $15 coupon for them on my Facebook, but I still couldn't bring myself to use it.

Yeah, I've got a bag open since I had a credit, but I'm thinking it's going to be my last.  It's just not fun any more.  I did manage to trade my freebie necklace for a gorgeous $58 paisley wool scarf, and then once I realized that it's wool (I'm mildly allergic) and remembered that I have probably a dozen scarves that I love but haven't worn in a year or two, I traded that for a combo of four different items worth more than $80 that I will be playing with trading up.  I still have a bit of a credit left, and I may very well just trade this stuff up as far as I can and then gift it over to my other account in order to try to get one last bag consisting entirely of things I will use.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just wanted to share why I am going to quit ordering from Little Black Bag. I'll post some back and forth emails below, but for background, here is what happened. They had just released a Steve Madden scarf I wanted. It was selling quickly. So instead of waiting to see if I could use an exchange credit after 24 hours, I opened a new bag for it. When several weeks had passed since closing and it still had not shipped, I emailed them to ask what happened. They said they'd tried emailing me because the Steve Madden was out of stock. They wanted to offer me one single $50 item for a bag which had 2 items worth around $65-75 when my bag closed. I was angry off the bat because this had happened to me before with LBB. But the big difference when it happened the first time was that it was an item I'd kept in my bag through gifting for some time while I tried to decide if I wanted it or not, *plus* it happened just after they moved warehouses. This time it happened with a brand new item and I had placed my order when there were around 5 or 6 scarves left. So it was bad enough that it happened in the first place, but they only made it worse by the way they responded to me. Here's the last few back and forth emails in a spoiler:

Here is where I declined their oh so generous offer of giving me a $50 item credit for my $29 order. Never mind the fact that they wanted to keep my $29 to open a bag which gave me 2 items and the scarf I opened with was probably close to $50 by itself. Yes, to make up for their own error, they wanted to give me less of a deal than I could have gotten for opening up a brand new $29 bag. Crazy:  
Heather Hicks, Nov 28 04:10 pm (PST): Given the circumstances, I'd prefer a full refund for all charges relating to this order (including shipping, if applicable). I don't recall what Little Black Bag stated as the retail value on the scarf, but I see it can be purchased for $48 on Zappos. I had a pair of earrings in my bag with a Little Black Bag estimated value of $24. Thus, one single $50 item code or exchange credit would not compensate me for the two items I lost of a higher combined value. I hope you understand my logic. Because trading is involved, when something like this happens, it has an even greater impact than it would have at an ordinary store. It also makes offering exchange credits or even full refunds inadequate if the person who placed the order was able to trade upward in retail value. Quite frankly, I always try to do this with items I don't want, and I simply send an item back for an exchange credit if I don't like it to 'preserve the value I gained by trading up.' I still do not understand exactly what led to this error and I still maintain that this should not happen with a brand new item now that you have completed your move. If departments need to better coordinate with one another, they need to learn how to do so very quickly. Of course, I don't blame any individual person for this. I was angry (and still am very disappointed) in the company as a whole. Things like this cannot be allowed to continue or Little Black Bag will lose the trust of their customers and all their integrity, which is still important to me, personally. HeatherLittle Black Bag

Here is their response:

Reese, Nov 29 12:00 pm (PST): Hi HeatherSorry for all of the trouble you have been experiencing. I'll cancel this bag for you as a one time courtesy and you'll see the refund for the amount charged on your card for the order in a few business days. We hope that you'll check back since we add new merchandise to the site on a weekly basis!Have a delightful day,ReeseCustomer Service AmbassadorWe'd really appreciate it if you can take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey regarding our conversation. Please go to http://www.instant.ly/s/eq9Li to let us know how we did!

And here is my final response to them sent less than 5 minutes ago:

No Reese. This will NOT be my "one time courtesy cancel." You are correcting your (as in the company's) own mistakes! I have ordered numerous bags from this company over the past 2-3 years. I have never asked to cancel a bag. I don't intend to do so. In fact, I don't intend to do so because I plan on using up all my exchange credits instead of opening a new bag and then I am going to cancel my subscription. No offense to you personally, but this company has the worst overall customer service I have seen in a long time. Yes, problems are taken care of, but the attitude in which they are taken care of is horrible. Prime example--calling my cancellation request a 'courtesy' as if you are doing me a favor after I did something wrong. Perhaps to you it is all semantics (and I'm sure it is the company's asinine policy to make you refer to it as a 'courtesy cancel' no matter what) , but I find it very insulting. You have great products for the most part, but I'll look elsewhere to make purchases now that I know what brands I like. Again, no personal offense and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry to see you are back at work on Friday instead of having another day off. Heather

Boy was I happy to see that survey link, lol! 
WTF??? I don't understand why they didn't just offer the chance for you to pick two items to makeup for their mistake in the first place. And yeah, I would have picked a couple items that were more expensive than the ones you missed out on, since it is their error! That's some really bad customer service!

Back