Open Bag Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share a positive experience:

A bracelet was out of stock, so they offered me a $50 replacement item plus a code for a $50 bonus item in my next bag. I asked if I could just have a $75 pillow instead, and they agreed as a ‘one time courtesy’. (Which got on my nerves, considering this ought to be a one-time problem, and the pillows aren’t exactly flying off the shelves.)

The pillow arrived earlier this week and it’s beautiful, but I was still sad about the missing bracelet. Imagine my surprise when it arrived today! I didn’t get a shipping notice; I guess they found it and decided to just send it to me. It’s my first really positive experience with LBB customer service, so perhaps things are looking up! 

I had a voice mail from LBB today letting me know about their new warehouse guarantee. If your selected item is out of stock in the warehouse at time of shipping you'll be credited for 10X the amount. They also credited me twenty dollars if I opened a bag before the the and of the month, for being a valued customer. So heads up to VIP's. I don't know it it's just a promo for select VIP's or if it's for everyone, but it's worth logging in and checking your account.

I had a voice mail from LBB today letting me know about their new warehouse guarantee. If your selected item is out of stock in the warehouse at time of shipping you'll be credited for 10X the amount. They also credited me twenty dollars if I opened a bag before the the and of the month, for being a valued customer. So heads up to VIP's. I don't know it it's just a promo for select VIP's or if it's for everyone, but it's worth logging in and checking your account.
I got that info/credit thing via email this morning! It said something about "top 250" customers/VIPs. If I'm truly in the top 250, their customer base must be really small.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got that info/credit thing via email this morning! It said something about "top 250" customers/VIPs. If I'm truly in the top 250, their customer base must be really small.
lol yeah especially since I canceled my account 6 months ago

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an email too which suggested the same thing (top 250) but their tumblr post about it suggests they are giving every member a credit of $20.  

I think I'm going to wait to use my credit next week, right before the credit expires. I want to be trading when the new month begins. As nice as the regulars on LBB are, generally speaking, it's not fun being on LBB when the 50 or so (?) regulars are the only faces in the news feed for the latter 3/4 of the month. Trading is agony when the regulars are the only people around. I've really cut back on LBB because it stops being fun when there are no customers to trade with. Hoping this promo changes that, and hoping also that LBB will go back to focusing on trying to attract new customers, and focus less on customer retention. I can't remember the last time I've seen LBB promoted by any youtube guru with a huge following. And it's been probably a year or more since I saw the television ad that LBB put out. IMO, new customers are desperately needed to breathe some much needed life into LBB. As well as better opening bags to make opening a bag an irresistible event. The value and product offerings of opening bags for many months now have been pretty darn resistible. They make it too easy for potential customers to say "Nah, not worth it" when they show the bundle preview, which is why it seems that only those familiar faces with a manifestly severe LBB addiction are the ones who are opening bags in the newsfeed. (I have/had an addiction too, but it's not so severe that I can't resist opening a crappy bag with crappy offerings just so I can get back to playing LBB asap). Bit of a ramble, but all this has been on my mind for a while.  

Anyway, nice of LBB to do a credit and offer their guarantee and whatnot, but it's just more customer retention efforts for a limited base which they've had a tunnel-vision focus on for far too long now, imho.

My husband opened an account to buy his mom a birthday present and to surprise me every once in awhile with something he picked out or traded for on his own. He has opened 3 bags in all, including one just after Christmas because he really liked a red London Fog bag they had in the promo for me since one of the presents he bought me was cancelled last minute bythe Etsy vendor he ordered it from. He was really upset that he only was offered a $10 credit because they sent me a $20 one while I already had a shoe bag open (because I needed some new heels for the 5 weddings we have to go to this spring and the buy one get two free deal was too good to pass up). He thought it was crummy that they wouldn't give everyone the same discount. He ended up getting me a bottle of nail polish since it was the only thing available to ship for free in hopes that Wendy the Warehouse worker would take pity on him and trade him something for it. He's hilarious.

I opened a bag with the $20.00 credit. I really wanted that Deux Lux Mojito Tote...it is just so gorgeous. Trading has been alright, not as great as it used to be. I have items in my bag that I don't care for still...people just dont respond to trades.

So it looks like they're going to do a marketplace as a separate section within LBB. It will start in 'late spring, early summer' and you'll be able to swap items that you own with other LBB members. (Also, there's a contest to win an LV Neverfull, if anyone missed it!)

Everyone in chat seems to hate the swap idea, but I'd give it a try. I've been swapping on My Subscription Addiction, and it's been fun. I prefer it to swapping on forums. However, out of eight swaps, I think one of them isn't going to come through. (I haven't heard anything for two weeks and am not sure when to give up.) All the rest have been great, but it does give make me pause about participating in another brand new swap arena. 

Holy Sale Batman!  Every time I think I've escaped LBB's evil grasp, they sucker me back in! 
7.gif

Well, looks like their "warehouse guarantee" of getting 10x the value if an item in your bag goes out of stock after Feb 19th is a load.

I added a a black studded Vianova Watch to my bag... when it shipped they just.. sent some totally different green monstrosity that isnt the same style watch. I contacted CS and their  response was less than stellar. They were sold out and thus couldnt send me the item I originally ordered. One would think this would invoke the warehouse guarantee... but noooo.

She tried to offer me a trip to their exchange gallery, where I was offered a selection of crappy $8-$14 items (not a single watch was available, what I originally ordered) and I was expected to pay $5.95 shipping for the privilege, thanks to THEIR mess-up.

I wrote back and told her I found this unacceptable -- that I either expected an outright refund for the item they sold me but couldnt provide, or for them to uphold the warehouse guarantee. The CS agent who wrote back ignored that entirely, and tried to offer me a 5.95 shipping credit.

None of this corrects the fact that I'm not interested in their crappy exchange gallery selections.. I ordered a watch. I'd like to get a watch. I'm not interested in $10 earrings as a consolation prize for their screw-up, for something I paid $16.44 for. Either uphold the warehouse guarantee for OOS items, or refund folks.. dont expect them to eat the cost for YOUR screwup, LBB.

I'm so mad right now. I feel like I just pissed away that money, and am getting nothing in value of return.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, looks like their "warehouse guarantee" of getting 10x the value if an item in your bag goes out of stock after Feb 19th is a load.

I added a a black studded Vianova Watch to my bag... when it shipped they just.. sent some totally different green monstrosity that isnt the same style watch. I contacted CS and their  response was less than stellar. They were sold out and thus couldnt send me the item I originally ordered. One would think this would invoke the warehouse guarantee... but noooo.

She tried to offer me a trip to their exchange gallery, where I was offered a selection of crappy $8-$14 items (not a single watch was available, what I originally ordered) and I was expected to pay $5.95 shipping for the privilege, thanks to THEIR mess-up.

I wrote back and told her I found this unacceptable -- that I either expected an outright refund for the item they sold me but couldnt provide, or for them to uphold the warehouse guarantee. The CS agent who wrote back ignored that entirely, and tried to offer me a 5.95 shipping credit.

None of this corrects the fact that I'm not interested in their crappy exchange gallery selections.. I ordered a watch. I'd like to get a watch. I'm not interested in $10 earrings as a consolation prize for their screw-up, for something I paid $16.44 for. Either uphold the warehouse guarantee for OOS items, or refund folks.. dont expect them to eat the cost for YOUR screwup, LBB.

I'm so mad right now. I feel like I just pissed away that money, and am getting nothing in value of return.
That bogus! I would be livid! But, to be honest I'm not surprised. This is honestly why I probably wont ever resubscribe to this box. They could offer me 50 dollars credit and I still wouldn't resub...it's not worth the drama. I

I signed up to buy my mom a purse for mothers day. I just opened a bag and got a pretty long beaded necklace and a disappointing friendship bracelet. I was hoping to keep the necklace and trade the bracelet but nobody wanted that. I looked around other items that I wanted and found a cute floppy hat that is perfect for the Summer so I was willing to give up the necklace, so I traded the necklace and the bracelet and now I am a proud owner of the hat. Now I have purse for my mom and a hat for me!

Sorry for the double post but the package came in!! Such fast shipping
heart.gif

My mom loves the bag and I absolutely love the hat that I had swapped for so worth it to trade the two jewelry piece. The floppy hat isn't too wide brim so it great to wear out and about compared to really wide brim ones that are better suited for the beach.

I am very tempted to sign up for the VIP but I'm a college student so every dollar counts :lol: plus I already committed a year to Ipsy.

But at least now I know where to go if I want to buy a purse!

Quote: Originally Posted by MaryJane80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sorry for the double post but the package came in!! Such fast shipping
heart.gif

My mom loves the bag and I absolutely love the hat that I had swapped for so worth it to trade the two jewelry piece. The floppy hat isn't too wide brim so it great to wear out and about compared to really wide brim ones that are better suited for the beach.

I am very tempted to sign up for the VIP but I'm a college student so every dollar counts :lol: plus I already committed a year to Ipsy.

But at least now I know where to go if I want to buy a purse!
I love the items you received. So beautiful! 

I've been thinking about getting another LBB...it's been ages. I probably shouldn't...the last couple, I regretted because trading just isn't fun like it used to be...but man, I miss it! And I want a new bag (though I do NOT need one).

I've been thinking about getting another LBB...it's been ages. I probably shouldn't...the last couple, I regretted because trading just isn't fun like it used to be...but man, I miss it! And I want a new bag (though I do NOT need one).
I would suggest you just go to TJ Maxx instead, LBB is terrible nowadays and they've been selling off all of their merchandise recently to switch over to a new site.

I would suggest you just go to TJ Maxx instead, LBB is terrible nowadays and they've been selling off all of their merchandise recently to switch over to a new site.
I was wondering why they have been having so many open-a-bag-get-x-gifts-free specials (it's currently open-a-$19.95-or-higher-bag-get-six-beauty-and-jewelry-items-free) lately.  I thought they were just trying to move the eyeliners/lipsticks/necklaces/anklets no one would take otherwise.  In semi-related news, I had a recent order where they accidentally sent *two* of a particular necklace instead of one.  It happened to be the necklace I had opened the bag to get, so at least it was something I wanted.  I didn't need *two* of them, though.  Everything else was there in the correct numbers.  I just shrugged and tossed it in the swap bin since they had moved on to giving away jewelry with bag openings.

I got suckered in with a 4 gifts email. I found a necklace I liked for pretty cheap with 25% off. The 4 free gifts were pretty lame except for a Nicole Richie tote bag that has been blowing up with trade offers. Too bad none of the trade offers are worth it. I did manage to trade 2 of the cheapy gifts for a bottle of Nail Polish so that's a win for me. I don't really think I will use the tote bag, but i can't seem to find anything I would trade it for. I feel like people don't even try to offer fair trades either. I've had people offer me bonus (free) items for the tote which retails for like $35 or something like that. All in all if I can't find a good trade for it then I won't mind having it, but I think I missed out on when LBB was actually fun.

Back