Pick up anything lately that you really like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did an online Nyx haul where I picked up some of their new spring palettes. I also did an online Sigma haul where I purchased the Mrs Bunny Essential brushes, the Sigmax brush set, and the defining eyes palette by Tiffany D. They are now selling their shadows as singles and some other things so if you are a Sigma fan, you should check out there website. There is a 10% off coupon good through the end of the month that is JAN2013.

In the next few days I also want to make a Sephora/Ulta trip so I can pick up the new Urban Decay Oz palettes and see what else is out there. I am always in no buy mode for myself from the beginning of November until January because of the holidays.

My frequently reached palette recently is theBalm's Balm Jovi. I got it on a flash sale from Birchbox and used it my points so its free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got new brushes from their bundle sale recently :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I kinda like the Garnier BB cream I picked up recently. I had never tried a BB cream before. It's weird. When I put it on my face looks greasy and shiny but it feels kinda dry lol. What I really love that I picked up recently is a lipgloss by Maybelline called Glisten Up Pink. I also bought new eyeshadow. I never tried e.l.f. products before so I thought I would try it. It's a small palette with 4 shadows and it's called Ocean Dreams. It has a pretty green color in it that looked really pretty. It's a real light green. I haven't tried it yet cause the day after I bought it I got sick with the stomach flu. I may try it tomorrow though since I am feeling better.

Oz the Great and Powerful pallette in Theodora by Urban Decay.  Six eyeshadows, well, two of them are half one color, half another, so it is more like eight, a 24/7 eyeliner, and a lip crayon.  I'll wear these colors until they are gone.  And when they are, the tin is set up so that I can swap out the colors.  So great!

Nude 'Tude from theBalm. my goodness I love it.

Holika Holika clearing bb cream. oh my freaking goodness <3 my first foray into bb creams but its good so far AND TONE-ADJUSTING! I don't have to worry about my "right shade" ahaha lovvveeee

I got both the glinda and theodora palettes but I'm loving the Glinda a little bit more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and a bunch of nail polish that I don't remember the names of right now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Kenra blow dry spray which I got for free a couple months ago is AMAZING!!!! I haven't bought the full size though because I'm on a no buy, but it made my hair so manageable and really decreased the drying time. I love that stuff. Plus, it had an amazing smell.
I bought the blow dry spray and really didn't like it..I think it's just not moisturizing enough for my hair. Perhaps we can do a swap. 

Lately I got the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation and the Covergirl and Olay powder, have to say im a huge fan of both! as well as the milani easybrow pencil. worth checking out, definitely!

I just got the L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Black Smoke mascara today. I really like it...it gives my eyes that false lash look which is really hard for a mascara to do because my eyelashes are so naturally long, thick, curly and black -- people think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not!

ETA: I also found a kabuki at Claire's today...and it is soooo incredibly soft but also really thick and solid. You would think it was high end if you didn't know it was from Claire's!! I haven't used it yet since I already had my makeup on when I went to the mall, but I'm really excited to try it out!

NYX Doll Eyes Long Lash Mascara...it's does amazing fantasmigorical things to my eyelashes...no kidding lol it seriously makes them doll like!

I just got a Soap and Glory Righteous Body Butter and I have to say it's amazing! It is doing wonders on my super dry skin! :)

Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara, the pink and black one.  It really gives me length but I need to find a mascara that gives me good volume.  I also got one of their eyeshadow quads that resembles the british flag in 'english rose'.  I want to collect them all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The Rimmel Flex gives decent volume but I'm all about Nyx Doll Eyes currently!

I am planning on purchasing the Caudalie Divine Oil...it smells amazing. I don't ever ask for samples at Sephora but I asked for a sample today and the person had my account pulled up and saw how many points were there, I checked my sample later and the little sprayer wasn't even filled halfway...I was pretty annoyed. I thought, the points shouldn't matter when you ask for a sample, but when you see how many points someone has and you can tell they shop there a lot and are asking for one tiny sample, they should fill it properly. Sorry for the rant, it just bugged me for some reason. On a brighter note, has anyone tried the Divine Oil?

Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes! They are a polish remover, cuticle oil, and nail treatment all in one. It's not like any nail polish remover I've ever used, but they are just as effective as acetone and they are actually moisturizing! The wipes are also lightly frangranced. Too bad they're listed as a limited edition product on Sephora though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got the L'Oreal Voluminous Power Volume 24H Black Smoke mascara today. I really like it...it gives my eyes that false lash look which is really hard for a mascara to do because my eyelashes are so naturally long, thick, curly and black -- people think I'm wearing mascara even when I'm not!

ETA: I also found a kabuki at Claire's today...and it is soooo incredibly soft but also really thick and solid. You would think it was high end if you didn't know it was from Claire's!! I haven't used it yet since I already had my makeup on when I went to the mall, but I'm really excited to try it out!
UPDATE: Actually, I hate the stuff (the mascara). I wore it for a full day (sort of), and it flaked like crazy!! So yay for the look it gave, but nay for its lasting power and formula.

BUT, I do love the kabuki from Claire's! It' my favorite out of all my brushes!

I also forgot to add: I got the new lip balm from Bath & Body Works -- the fresh picked cherry stuff...and it is seriously amazing! It is super moisturizing and long lasting...I probably only apply it 3-5x a day which is very little for me since I'm addicted to lip balm and moisturized lips. I felt okay going a good 3 hours without even having a balm on me...and that was mostly spent walking around the mall/shopping. I usually won't even leave the house without a balm, but I can with this stuff!!

Back