Pick up anything lately that you really like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Pumi Bar at Sally Beauty Supply and love it so much that I went back and bought 2 more so I always have one. I use it on my feet when they are wet and soapy and it's like a miracle, my feet are so soft and smooth! If I forget to put lotion on them, it doesn't matter! Just get a Mr Pumi Pumi Bar. 
smilehappyyes.gif

At Dollar General I got some Good Earth Vitamin E face cream and love it!! I am 60 and my face is between normal and dry. I leave my face a bit damp after washing it and then put this stuff on and it seems like I have too much on, but in a few minutes it has all absorbed into my skin.and my face feels so soft. Two jars in a package for less than $4 total. Cheap, but I've used it for 2 weeks and love it. 
patches.gif

I got a lovely Wet n Wild lipstick for 99¢ and really like it! I should have bought more but didn't know if I would like it. 

Now, I don't think of this as cheap...it is thrifty!

I got those Sally Hansen nail effects in my Target Box.. I finally got them to work and love them! I went out the next day and bought myself another set to try. I bought the black lace ones.

I also really love my real techniques brushes. I pretty much have the whole collection. I would like to get another set of the eye brushes because they are really cheap and you can do so much with them. I'm hooked.

i started using La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intensive Moisturizer (Light), and i think it's my holy grail. I have sensitive skin that gets oily during the day, and this moisturizer keeps my face hydrated without breaking it out.

Make-up-wise, I'm really liking the Anatasia Brow Powder Duo! The color matches perfectly and blends in very well. I picked up their Brow Stencils as well which I like but i'm still getting the hang of it.
wassatt.gif

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Moonspoon and I'm in loveeee.  I want to collect all of them.  If I can only get one of them in my ipsy bag for being "active" on their website...
I got Diamond Dog and Moonspoon is next on my wish list.

I bought the ELF flirtatious lipstick which, on my lips, is an exact dupe of the MAC Lovelorn that I absolutely adore. I actually wore both on the same day, MAC on the left half and ELF on the right. There really wasn't any difference.

It's more than half the price too. So. Go ELF!

I just picked up Lancome's CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base as a 100pt perk at Sephora. OMG! Where has this been all my life?!?! Move over false lashes...momma has a new HG in her life.

Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just picked up Lancome's CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base as a 100pt perk at Sephora. OMG! Where has this been all my life?!?! Move over false lashes...momma has a new HG in her life.
OMG....I read this AFTER I place an order on Sephora....GAH!
wacko.gif
lol

Oooh. Was that in-store or a VIB thing? I was just looking at Sephora's 100pt gifts earlier today and didn't see it.

I got the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion.  My skin was so dry to the point that it would be tight and thirsty for moisture seconds after I washed it and since I've used this lotion my skin feels great.  I no longer have that "dry and tight" feeling.  Right now Belk is giving away a free makeup bag of clinique products worth $70 if you get at least $25 worth of items and the lotion that I just bought costs $25.

I'm really in love with the J.R. Watkins Shea Butter Lemon Cream Hand Cream that I bought at Target a few weeks ago. It is amazing!!!

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion.  My skin was so dry to the point that it would be tight and thirsty for moisture seconds after I washed it and since I've used this lotion my skin feels great.  I no longer have that "dry and tight" feeling.  Right now Belk is giving away a free makeup bag of clinique products worth $70 if you get at least $25 worth of items and the lotion that I just bought costs $25.
I love that moisturizer, I keep trying new ones but always end up going back to that one.

I picked up  Silky Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner for the first time, and loved it 
wub.gif

The Sephora 12-hour wear waterproof eyeliners. OMG. These things are everything I wanted UD liners to be and more! They actually stay on my waterline, the colors are amazing and I can put these under my eyes instead of eyeshadow because the color is so vibrant!

The Sephora 12-hour wear waterproof eyeliners. OMG. These things are everything I wanted UD liners to be and more! They actually stay on my waterline, the colors are amazing and I can put these under my eyes instead of eyeshadow because the color is so vibrant!
I agree. I just picked up 3 more yesterday. Fairytale is the most gorgeous color. The best part....they don't cloud my contracts when I wear them on my waterline. Move over UD, momma has a new HG.

I'm really loving MAC's Match Master Foundation and of course MAC's Riri Boy. I can't wait for the Riri Fall Collection.

I haven't picked it up lately but, I made myself realize that often I will buy a new eyeshadow palette, use it once or twice and then put it into my collection and weeks or months will go buy before I even pick it up again. So last week I decided that I would get out a palette at the beginning of the week and use it for a 1-2 week period and use it exclusively so I can try new looks, use up some makeup and really determine what I think about the product. That being said, I have been using the Stila "In The Light" palette for the past two weeks and I really love it. You can make super natural looks as well as more dramatic smoky looks. The colors are very pigmented, blend easily, and wear for 10-12 hours on me over a base or primer with zero fading or creasing. If you don't have this one in your stash, check it out the next time you are in a store because it really is something great. Also, it includes "Kitten" as a shade and that apparently is what helped to put Stila on the map as a company because they make the Kitten shade in shadow, shadow stick, highlighter, and some other products I believe. It's really lovely!

Well... I'm supposed to be a no-buy... but I am really happy with the Wet 'N Wild Fergie cobalt blue color 

& the Sally Hansen black and white glitter (opaque speckles, no iridescence in a clear polish). 

Quote: Originally Posted by nanutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well... I'm supposed to be a no-buy... but I am really happy with the Wet 'N Wild Fergie cobalt blue color 

& the Sally Hansen black and white glitter (opaque speckles, no iridescence in a clear polish). 

t
what a gorgeous blue! you're making me want to go out to cvs and pick it up. i'm a sucker for cobalt blue.

Back