Polish WISH LIST - Fall Collection 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have ordered Deborah Lippmann's Rich Girl hand lotion (at Beauty.com - $4 cheaper than at Sephora, Nordstrom, and DL site), Fade to Black, and this:

Wicked Game

I might have ordered Deborah Lippmann's Rich Girl hand lotion (at Beauty.com - $4 cheaper than at Sephora, Nordstrom, and DL site), Fade to Black, and this: Wicked Game
That looks a lot like the duo chrome in Essie & OPI's fall collection. It seems duo chrome is going to be the trend if the fall! Gotham Polish had it on her list of 5 Fall trends. In fact, Wicked Games was one if her picks, along with the OPI & Essie duochromes (sorry, I can't think if the names!). Also, Julep Blakely was one of her picks, for those if you who are Mavens.

i'd want to see reviews but the bottles are so CUTE. also the little flat ended ball actually saves me any worry it'd be annoying to grip.

Dior-Holiday-2013-Diorific-Vernis-Minuit-Frimas.jpg

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i'd want to see reviews but the bottles are so CUTE. also the little flat ended ball actually saves me any worry it'd be annoying to grip.

Yep, so cute.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got that email today. I've just realized how little I use glitters, even though I've been drawn to Bit Faker all summer.
Hi folks! I thought I'd join this fantasy group. I was thinking about the glitter/metallics question too. I know that I wear creams most and find they look best/most appropriate on me. But the swatches of all these textured/holo/glitter/metallic polishes really draw me in! Right now, though honestly they're not crazy expensive or anything... but I have to consider how much polish I'll also be getting from Bondi, I'm really dreaming about Zoya Tomoko and Nubar Reclaim. Tomoko I feel I would wear - but I wouldn't know until I tried it. And Reclaim is just so gorgeous on all those online swatches, but it's green. Green doesn't generally suit me that we, but I think I love Reclaim. I've been resisting both of these so far... I am getting Meadow Moss from Bondi to try..., and all but My Ex's Heart, Kiss me Under the, and On The Rocks. So do I really need textures and holos?

I'm always confused when people say they love those bottles. I think they are pretty, in relative terms, but they also seem impractical to hold and actually do your nails with. Some people already whine about bondi which isn't even half as bad
I know that many are complaining about the Bondi bottles, but for me, I find them fairly convenient to hold. I haven't even tried pulling off the caps.

Oh, and the other thing I'm really mulling over - how much do I get into stamping? Do I need a big Konad set? Polishes? What plates from which brands (and from where) do I get and what do I leave be? There's a lot of ornate fiddly stuff on them I know I'll be unlikely to use - I prefer the linear and geometric stuff and a few graphics over complex floral and lace patterns, so some with just one nice thing, um...

I JUST saw these in my email and my mind's brakes just screeched ..... these bottles are absolutely adorable and every other adjective that I can think of ... of course I am a sucker for cute packaging, but I wouldn't be surprised if these are not at the time of my Santa list!

Quote: Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi folks! I thought I'd join this fantasy group. I was thinking about the glitter/metallics question too. I know that I wear creams most and find they look best/most appropriate on me. But the swatches of all these textured/holo/glitter/metallic polishes really draw me in! Right now, though honestly they're not crazy expensive or anything... but I have to consider how much polish I'll also be getting from Bondi, I'm really dreaming about Zoya Tomoko and Nubar Reclaim. Tomoko I feel I would wear - but I wouldn't know until I tried it. And Reclaim is just so gorgeous on all those online swatches, but it's green. Green doesn't generally suit me that we, but I think I love Reclaim. I've been resisting both of these so far... I am getting Meadow Moss from Bondi to try..., and all but My Ex's Heart, Kiss me Under the, and On The Rocks. So do I really need textures and holos?

I know that many are complaining about the Bondi bottles, but for me, I find them fairly convenient to hold. I haven't even tried pulling off the caps.

Oh, and the other thing I'm really mulling over - how much do I get into stamping? Do I need a big Konad set? Polishes? What plates from which brands (and from where) do I get and what do I leave be? There's a lot of ornate fiddly stuff on them I know I'll be unlikely to use - I prefer the linear and geometric stuff and a few graphics over complex floral and lace patterns, so some with just one nice thing, um...

Hey, Monika! I find myself drawn to the glitters, esp. the microglitters, because I like flashy things ... LOL! The main issue with the glitters is the patience it takes to remove them. I soak cotton in acetone and cut aluminum foil to size and wrap my fingernails in them for about 10 minutes. Removes super easy. As for holos, the jury is still out with me. I don't like Julep's Reece at all, looks like a dull gray on me. Just got DL's Wicked Game in the mail last night and first coat is a soft sheer lavendar. Will decide later after a couple of more coats if I like it.

Stamping is a whole 'nother game. I don't know anything about it except that I've read you have to use special polish but then I see people on What are you wearing, that just use the colors they have ... anyone else know anything about stamping?

I have found it.... A perfect, inexpensive Oxblood color for fall! L'Oreal's Haute Couture Red! It's $5.99 At Ulta. I have one coat on my pinky, two on my ring finger. Sorry, I did a terrible job! I'm just doing a quick swatch before I start another mani.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have found it.... A perfect, inexpensive Oxblood color for fall! L'Oreal's Haute Couture Red! It's $5.99 At Ulta. I have one coat on my pinky, two on my ring finger. Sorry, I did a terrible job! I'm just doing a quick swatch before I start another mani.

I'll be getting Bondi's Holly Berry soon - with the sub's extra box offer it will be $5.33. I hope it will be a bit cooler than this, but we'll see. They described it as a merlot cream but also used the term oxblood. Two different things in my book.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, Monika! I find myself drawn to the glitters, esp. the microglitters, because I like flashy things ... LOL! The main issue with the glitters is the patience it takes to remove them. I soak cotton in acetone and cut aluminum foil to size and wrap my fingernails in them for about 10 minutes. Removes super easy. As for holos, the jury is still out with me. I don't like Julep's Reece at all, looks like a dull gray on me. Just got DL's Wicked Game in the mail last night and first coat is a soft sheer lavendar. Will decide later after a couple of more coats if I like it.

Stamping is a whole 'nother game. I don't know anything about it except that I've read you have to use special polish but then I see people on What are you wearing, that just use the colors they have ... anyone else know anything about stamping?

I've thought about using the foil removal technique on past glitters, but then I've sat there and worked on it. I have to do it next time; maybe it will change that part of the experience for the better. But most of my hesitation is the feeling I can't totally pull it off as it comes across potentially juvenile on me. I don't know, as I wear more different styles, maybe I'll get more comfortable with the idea.

I really admire the Butter London and a england shimmers and holos. They look beautiful on others' nails, so it would be good to adapt. These are on that dreamy wishlist partly because I don't know how they would work for me and partly because they're expensive in the context of the incoming Bondis.

I'll be getting Bondi's Holly Berry soon - with the sub's extra box offer it will be $5.33. I hope it will be a bit cooler than this, but we'll see. They described it as a merlot cream but also used the term oxblood. Two different things in my book.

Yeah I thought Holly Berry looked way too light to be an Oxblood!  Merlot cream sounds a lot closer.  I can't wait to see swatches when you all get that color!

I already have Julep's Coco....picked up on special ... I don't think I will be wearing much oxblood, though I may be wrong.

Yeah I thought Holly Berry looked way too light to be an Oxblood!  Merlot cream sounds a lot closer.  I can't wait to see swatches when you all get that color!

Unless I need my monitor color-calibrated, there's no way Holly Berry is oxblood. But merlot cream ... I can buy that ... oh wait, I did buy that ... lol!

I've thought about using the foil removal technique on past glitters, but then I've sat there and worked on it. I have to do it next time; maybe it will change that part of the experience for the better. But most of my hesitation is the feeling I can't totally pull it off as it comes across potentially juvenile on me. I don't know, as I wear more different styles, maybe I'll get more comfortable with the idea.

I really admire the Butter London and a england shimmers and holos. They look beautiful on others' nails, so it would be good to adapt. These are on that dreamy wishlist partly because I don't know how they would work for me and partly because they're expensive in the context of the incoming Bondis.

Monika, I don't like a full-blown big glitter manicure ... the microglitters are a different story to me. I have used "big" glitter on an accent nail and a couple of weeks ago did a variation of a gradient using silver over navy with the glitter just in the moon area. I love Butter London but have yet to buy one...Deborah Lippmann is my weakness when it comes to glitters and some colors. And OMG, I got my first tube of Rich Girl hand lotion yesterday and I am IN LOVE! I first saw it on QVC and it sold out in less than 5 minutes ... I can see why now! And no, I don't watch QVC but I saw a FB post from DL that she was going to be on there in less than 10 minutes so I found it on my TV channel. I am definitely going to try to purchase Rich Girl on there the next time it is on.

I don't know if any SpaRitual colors are on anybody's wish list, but Beauty.com has SEVERAL colors on clearance for $8.60 a bottle right now.

From Vogue UK. Check out these appliques in partnership with Revlon:

News Flash: Revlon X Marchesa Is Here

cn_image.size.lucky-logo-small.jpg

By Lucky Staffers

cn_image.size.090613-links-1.jpg

Those Marchesa x Revlon 3D nail appliqués are finally here! Now go get your hands looking all treasure-box-y without spending too much time or money. [Vogue UK]

From Vogue UK. Check out these appliques in partnership with Revlon: News Flash: Revlon X Marchesa Is Here

cn_image.size.lucky-logo-small.jpg

By Lucky Staffers

cn_image.size.090613-links-1.jpg

Those Marchesa x Revlon 3D nail appliqués are finally here! Now go get your hands looking all treasure-box-y without spending too much time or money. [Vogue UK ]
Wow! I love the blue one.

I did good ... I was almost tempted to get Julep's mystery box. Had it in the cart and everything. Stopped and thought and went to eBay.

I got:

Deborah Lippmann's Lady Sings the Blues (Retail: $19)

AND

Ruffian's Hedge Fund (Retail: $10)

TOTAL SPENT (INCLUDING SHIPPING): $19.07 (saved .92 from Julep's Cosmic Mystery Box using $5 code AND got two polishes I really, really wanted!)

Back