PopSugar Fall Style Special Edition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my box!! I'm really loving the print of my bag- looks better in person than in the pic :)

I received the "southwestern" bag on the PopSugar website. It was my least favorite thing in the box. This is how the items rate for me:

1. Cookies! I absolutely loved them. Savory shortbread cookies, what!?!

2. Goldfaden scrub: High quality ingredients, superfine scrub.

3. Stila Palette: Lovely colors, go on like a dream.

It starts going downhill from here, but those three items made my box financially worth it to me.

4. The notebook: I usually write my shopping list on the back of an envelope, this will be much better. Useful but not exciting.

5. Body wash: I don't take many bubble baths, but I received a great floral/fruity scent.

At this point items 4. and 5. are great bonuses! I will definately order the next special edition  box.

6. Rachel Zoe ring: I wear gloves at work so rings are not practical for me. Plus my wedding band is kind of chunky, so most rings clash with it. 

7. The bag: UGH. My pattern was so fug. High quality bag though, if it would've been a neutral I would've used it as a gym bag.

Luckily 6 and 7 are small and I might Ebay them when I get a chance. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kayglass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  After seeing spoilers, I wasn't thrilled about getting this box, but it (finally) arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked everything! With the exception of the bubble bath, I'll use everything. And excitingly, the ring fits!

The print I received isn't my favorite, but the bag itself is really high quality.

The "cookies" were nasty. Bleh. They didn't even get in the photo.

I got the same bag was also my least favorite. At first I liked it when I saw the nicer ones others got I started to not like it so much. My daughter likes it though so that's good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box today, here's my bag:

It's ok, but I love bags like JenniferV's & Tinystally's - you ladies have great bags!

Oh, I am so in love with this bag!! I wish I would've received this one. I got the pink/peach/white one. 

I loved this box.  I think this may be my favorite box ever!  I haven't heard many people talk about the Stila, and maybe that is because everyone but me has used it before... but I LOVE it!  The colors are beautiful, and wear well.  The liner is a lovely slightly sparkly smooth liner that complements the shadows beautifully.  I think I need more Stila, and I didn't even know it.  I even love the sparkly box it came in.

The ring fits perfectly on my right ring finger, and I've worn it several times, and even gotten compliments on it.  The cookies reminded me of some rosemary cookies I used to make before kids.  They were perfect with a cup of tea and made me feel all grown up.  My bag is absolutely gorgeous and is black with a sort of white flower print at the base.  It is the very one I would have chosen for myself, and now I really want more of those bags.  I'm saving the bubble bath for winter, as that is when I take baths, but I'm really looking forward to trying it.  The only miss for me is the notebook, and I'm sure I can trade that or give it away for Christmas.  Thank you Popsugar!

I am kind of afraid to put the bubble bath in my bathroom because it is in a metal container.  I find that weird.  I remember we used to have a permanent ring of rust on the lip of our vanity from my dad's metal shaving cream can and I feel like if I "display" the bubble bath I'm going to wind up with the same problem.  Does that bug anyone else?

Quote: Originally Posted by mjreynolds32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am kind of afraid to put the bubble bath in my bathroom because it is in a metal container.  I find that weird.  I remember we used to have a permanent ring of rust on the lip of our vanity from my dad's metal shaving cream can and I feel like if I "display" the bubble bath I'm going to wind up with the same problem.  Does that bug anyone else?

I get the ring from shaving cream but only in the shower... my fiance's shaving cream (that lives on the counter) doesn't leave a rust ring. I think you'll be okay if you have it on the counter. Just don't leave it on edge of the tub or shower wall (if you have built in shelves in there).

Brush clear nail polish around the bottom edge to avoid rust rings....

I got my box today, here's my bag: It's ok, but I love bags like JenniferV's & Tinystally's - you ladies have great bags!
Um this bag is amazing. So beautiful! I love seeing all the different ones.

Quote: Originally Posted by mjreynolds32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's an extra pain in the butt, but a clear coat of polish should stop the rust ring.

What does everything think about the Stila eye palette?

I am loving the matte shades, they are spectacular neutrals.

fyi, I just realized it's not a new palette, but one that was launched last holiday.

Oh and I got the black faux snakeskin bag btw...

Got mine today!  The Zoe ring is WAY too big, won't even fit my thumb.  Got the cute coral and white bag :)

I got my box today....I am quite happy! The Rachel Zoe ring fits! I was so worried it would be too small...woot! I got the same Cynthia Vincent shopper bag that Shauna999 got...and she is right, it's much cuter in person. I also received the Christian LaCroix notebook that JenniferV got - the pink & white chevron-y pattern. Lastly, I got the Library Flowers in The Forest scent...has anyone else received that scent? I've only seen people getting the Arboretum or Wildflower & Fern scents so far... haven't smelled The Forest yet...am curious about it.

Happy Monday, gals!

I got the Forest scent and used it last night- I LOVE it. Its kind of a musky masculine scent but thats what I like. I wish my fiance could use it as cologne!

Also, the scent lingers for a WHILE, and the bubbles are insane. Great product. 

Quote: Originally Posted by plumplant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the Forest scent and used it last night- I LOVE it. Its kind of a musky masculine scent but thats what I like. I wish my fiance could use it as cologne!

Also, the scent lingers for a WHILE, and the bubbles are insane. Great product. 
Hmm...that's what I was sort of afraid of. I'm not a huge musky scent gal and I'm afraid it might be too much for me. I wish I could smell it without breaking the seal. I thought I might be safest with the Arboretum scent....

Hey everyone, First post! Just got my PopSugar box (finally!) and love all the bags you ladies have been posting.

Since I haven't seen my pattern up yet, I thought I'd share:

I don't love it, but don't hate it either. I'm more into neutral bags. 

Back