PopSugar Fall Style Special Edition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my box in the wee hours this morning. After reading about the disastrous Winter box and the tepid reception of the summer box, I was on the fence.  But after seeing the summer box, I might be in the minority but I wished I had known about it because I covet those House of Harlow Lynn sunglasses.  I would have gladly used every item in that box so I'm hopeful for Fall.   
eusa_pray.gif

I didn't think the Winter box was a disaster.  I loved every single item, it was a great xmas gift to myself.

I didn't think the Winter box was a disaster.  I loved every single item, it was a great xmas gift to myself.
Agreed. That was an awesome box...with the exception of the jewelmint clutch. I am almost done with my bottle of soap and I'm sad about that. I love it, but not enough to spend that much on it.

I'm in... I need to stay off these boards so I can stop finding out about all of this stuff! For the second time in as many weeks I have caved to the sub box voices 😈 Gotta learn to "just say no" 😳

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I really liked the winter box and preferred it over the summer box.  I've used everything in the winter box except for the hand soap my cat knocked over and broke but I can't blame Popsugar for my cat being a jerk (seriously why can't they break the cheap stuff instead).

I'm on the fence about getting the fall box; I'm trying to cut my spending and I like the snacks and home stuff that Popsugar usually includes in the boxes.  But Popsugar is my favorite box and I usually love most of what they send.  I'm going to try and wait and see if any hints or spoilers are released.

The soap and lotion they sent were both awesome, but mine were lavender and I HATE lavender. My mother in law loved both though!

I loved it too! (except for the heinous clutch). But the Tocca candle was amazing, the Epicuren lotion is fantastic, the Lippman nail and lip kit..hello!!!!

I agree. It was a great treat to get around the holiday;s.

Now what to do about Fall.......

The Winter Box was a bit of a disaster: Many received the soap broken and spilled all over the other contents. The purses were very tiny, even for a cell phone, and odd, some missing beads, some needed the strap to be purchased separately. Mine never left the box.  The cuff was shoved into a small pouch that bent them and they were discolored. My chocolates were missing. I got a peach candle - not exactly a winter must have. It took forever for the replacements to arrive. Since is was a Christmas purchase for many, there was a lot of drama and unhappy customers.  The Men Box was nice, in my opinion. 

I think PopSugar did a pretty good job with the Summer Boxes - I did not order one because Summer is not my thing, but I got excited with the possibilities of the Fall Box. Paid $100 for the dream and the fun -  and because it will not break the bank - this is a gamble, after all. Will try to stay spoiler free! 

do they ever have any promo codes for these boxes? i see a space to add a promo so was just curious...

Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do they ever have any promo codes for these boxes? i see a space to add a promo so was just curious...
They do.  The current one is REFER5 to save $5, but apparently in the past they have very generous discount codes for multi-month subscriptions.  

Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not for special edition boxes, I think there is a note on the page that says promo's don't apply.  

Whoops.  I clearly can't keep track on which forum I'm posting in.  I thought @mishmish meant promo codes for the monthly PopSugar box, not the special edition!  

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not for special edition boxes, I think there is a note on the page that says promo's don't apply.  

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do.  The current one is REFER5 to save $5, but apparently in the past they have very generous discount codes for multi-month subscriptions.  

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoops.  I clearly can't keep track on which forum I'm posting in.  I thought @mishmish meant promo codes for the monthly PopSugar box, not the special edition!  
I WISH there was a promo code to save on the special edition boxes.  Sheesh they're pricey!  

I enjoyed the summer box so much, but this box was just not in the budget for me this month, and I am afraid that by the time it is, it will be sold out. I was lamenting to my fiance and without hesitation he said "I'll buy it for you babe!". AHHH 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 I am so lucky!! Can't wait to discuss spoilers with you ladies!

FALL is my favorite time of year; I have used everything I have received in previous "Special Edition" boxes -- Ordered!
claps.gif

Back