PopSugar Fall Style Special Edition!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh this is so difficult! I absolutely loved the Summer box. I wear my sunglasses every single day, and now I have an unhealthy addiction to Henri Bendel candles. I don't know how long I can resist, but I REALLY wish they would give at least one spoiler!!!

I like spoilers for the regular box, but not for this box. I hope for some nice Fall looks! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm the opposite. I don't want ANY spoilers.  It ruins it for me.
Originally Posted by EastCoastPlus40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like spoilers for the regular box, but not for this box. I hope for some nice Fall looks! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
The thing is...it's $100. That's a lot to part with on a complete gamble. With at least ONE spoiler, assuming I liked the product, I would feel okay taking the risk. This way it's a complete crapshoot, and I'm just not sure I can put $100 on the line like that.

The thing about spoilers is, if you don't want to see them...you don't have to. So it would be nice for those of us that want one to have one; those that don't simply shouldn't look. I'm hoping they post a spoiler so I can get in on the fun too.

AHHH I just closed my eyes and hit place order. I hope it's amazing. 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AHHH I just closed my eyes and hit place order. I hope it's amazing. 
hahah I thought for sure I'd have the willpower to forgo this box, but that lasted a whole 24 hours. RAWWRR!! I'm sure it will be worth it.

I HOPE I GET A SCARF

I've always wanted a really cute infinity scarf.

Me too!! I am a scarf fanatic...especially given the quality of the scarf from June!

Originally Posted by McMacy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too!! I am a scarf fanatic...especially given the quality of the scarf from June!
I SAW that... I want one in purple lol

I do a wish list for almost every box, so my thoughts for this fall beauty and fashion box are:

Red lipstick - a deep mellow shade for fall
Sophisticated nail polish in red wine shades like Bordeaux, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel or Burgundy
Wallet/Clutch or new fall handbag
A finishing cream or hair styling product
A waxing gift certificate for a brow wax or a pair of tweezers
A great fall/winter moisturizer for the body
Although highly unlikely I'd be over the moon for fall shoes or sweater in a fall color
I have a feeling we'll get a food item: so maybe fancy cappuccino mix or luxury chocolates

So tempted to purchase this box.. I need to exercise restraint but I'm not sure if I can for this one lol. I suppose I could justify it because I didn't get the Summer LE box. Hmm.. Lol.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is...it's $100. That's a lot to part with on a complete gamble. With at least ONE spoiler, assuming I liked the product, I would feel okay taking the risk. This way it's a complete crapshoot, and I'm just not sure I can put $100 on the line like that.

The thing about spoilers is, if you don't want to see them...you don't have to. So it would be nice for those of us that want one to have one; those that don't simply shouldn't look. I'm hoping they post a spoiler so I can get in on the fun too.
It's pretty impossible to avoid the spoilers when they send them out to you in email and mass promote them. I bought the Summer box and then they sent out the notice on the sunglasses, which bummed me out as I didn't want to know that about the box.  Lucky for me, I got the exact glasses they promoted.  Others, however, seemed disappointed that they took a gamble thinking they would get those glasses as well and ended up w/ glasses they didn't like.  So then there is the variation factor as well.  I generally avoid spoilers easily on the monthly boxes by avoiding MUT.  But it's not easy to do when Popsugar sends out the spoilers.  IMHO.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So tempted to purchase this box.. I need to exercise restraint but I'm not sure if I can for this one lol. I suppose I could justify it because I didn't get the Summer LE box. Hmm.. Lol.
Ditto... I think I'm going to cave!

I just ordered one. I was happy to see that towards the end they offered a survey asking about myself. Hopefully they will customizing boxes to match the subscriber a little better.

Fall is my favorite time of the year so despite the Winter box debacle I had to order this one. Fingers crossed for several good things!

Originally Posted by mishmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's pretty impossible to avoid the spoilers when they send them out to you in email and mass promote them. I bought the Summer box and then they sent out the notice on the sunglasses, which bummed me out as I didn't want to know that about the box.  Lucky for me, I got the exact glasses they promoted.  Others, however, seemed disappointed that they took a gamble thinking they would get those glasses as well and ended up w/ glasses they didn't like.  So then there is the variation factor as well.  I generally avoid spoilers easily on the monthly boxes by avoiding MUT.  But it's not easy to do when Popsugar sends out the spoilers.  IMHO.
Yeah, I agree about that. They need to be very, very clear in the content line of the email to avoid spoiling those that don't want to be spoiled.

So very tempted. I couldn't do it before and told myself that if it is still available on payday then I would likely get it. Tomorrow is payday. So much other stuff I should do with my $100 but.... I coveted the summer box when I saw the photos. Haven't been around long enough for the previous ones to see. Decisions, decisions.

Back