POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea when they ship their holiday boxes ? I would love to get one and especially if they have a men's box it would be a nice Christmas surprise for my husband. When did everyone receive their holiday box last year ?

Quote: Originally Posted by fairytale113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any idea when they ship their holiday boxes ? I would love to get one and especially if they have a men's box it would be a nice Christmas surprise for my husband. When did everyone receive their holiday box last year ?
Last year the men's box arrived a couple of days before Xmas (for me, anyway - I'm in a suburb of Chicago).  The women's box arrived after Xmas (again, for me - I think some people got theirs before the Xmas holiday).  I got both boxes last year.  I'm getting the NM box and I plan to get any other LE box they do because I am always pleased and think they're a good value for the money.

I passed on the NM box as well and am contemplating the idea of getting this one. I sure hope they release a spoiler!

Ooohhh man!!! It's going to be very hard to pass this one up. I have bought a Limited edition box from Popsugar. I hope they release a spoiler to convince me lol

Last year the men's box arrived a couple of days before Xmas (for me, anyway - I'm in a suburb of Chicago).  The women's box arrived after Xmas (again, for me - I think some people got theirs before the Xmas holiday).  I got both boxes last year.  I'm getting the NM box and I plan to get any other LE box they do because I am always pleased and think they're a good value for the money.
Thanks for the info :) I too ordered the NM box and plan on ordering this one as well. I just can't resist these boxes.Just hope I get it before Christmas or else I will have to patiently wait until I come back from our trip. I used to live in Illinois as well and got my boxes much later then everyone else but I recently moved to upstate ny . I now live less that 3 hours from where they ship their boxes in Ny but my box travels to NJ, Phillly , back to upstate and then finally to me. Lol .. I would love the option of just going and picking it up !!

Does anyone know if there's a PSMH twitter account? The link at the bottom of the page goes to an account that no longer exists.

Quote: Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I passed on the NM box as well and am contemplating the idea of getting this one. I sure hope they release a spoiler!
Me too! I'm excited for it!

You guys are going to laugh SO HARD at me, but honestly my favorite part of last year's holiday box was the hand soap.  I actually liked it so much that I bought another bottle and refills.  Seems to last forever, even though I'm OCD and I wash my hands about 50 times a day.  It just felt so good and smooth and delicious.  The crazy "robot bladder" purse - meh.  What brand was it, again?  Stylemint?  It was something cheap-ish.  Used it once.  Hated the lotion, the cuff, and (shockingly) the Tocca candles and chocolates.  However, I loved the last special edition box this summer, so maybe... I don't know.  Should I get it?  Totally on the fence now, but it's still a lot of money to spend when it's a crapshoot if I'm going to like everything, or anything even.

I didn't get last years and was kind of meh about it. This year I am getting it bc my kid is teething molars right now and I'm losing my mind.
Good for you...make sure to get some wine, too!

Ahhhh I thought I was able to resist since the NM box was 250 but... now they are taunting me with another box??? *sigh**

I hope we get spoilers soon so that I know for sure whether I want it or not.

I wonder if PS will be kind enough to send out reminder e-mails to all subscribers about the Holiday box this time, since some of us were left out of the NM e-mails;)

I was so sad about the price for the NM box, it was too much even though I would have loved the throw and a Jonathan Adler item. 

I was meh about the reviews for last year's holiday box.  I want luxury home items as much as beauty fashion items, so I hope they'll include something really special for the house. 

Think I'll cave to this LE box. 

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would live home items more than makeup!

Me too! I love beauty/fashion items, obviously, but I get so many beauty subs, I would love more home items in things like this. Or a home items sub, that would be great!

Quote: Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somethink like when birchbox did the home box would be nice
I think that LE Home birchbox was the first sub box I'd ever heard about.  I thought it looked great.  I think I'll email Birchbox CS and ask if they are doing another...

I'm hoping the beauty items in this year's holiday box are minimal. If there are makeup items they never seem to work for my super, super pale skin.

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  From reading last year's threads, it looks like there were lots of shipping issues, broken products, and women cancelling their subscriptions after the luxury box.  Is anyone who bought it last year going to give it another shot?  I just joined PS over the summer... has the quality of products and customer service improved over the last year?  I've been happy with the few months of boxes I've received.

I got last year's luxury box and am planning to get this year's. I didn't really have any issues like broken soap though. Of what we got this is what I've used:

Jewelmint clutch - used it once on holiday trip to Vegas

Candle - used completely

Soap - still using, about 25% left

Chocolates - tried maybe one flavor, took most of them to work and still have one or two bars around

D Lippman items - traded both

Body lotion - unused so far, but will use eventually

Brass cuff - I already had a gold cuff. I think I ended up putting one of them into the Goodwill pile.

I think I was a little happier with the summer luxury box - I traded the sunglasses I got with someone else for a color I liked more and love them. I skipped the fall fashion/beauty one and was happy with that decision. And I skipped the NM one because it was too much $.

Back