POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea what time this will go on sale tomorrow?  I didn't get the email for the NM box so not sure I will get it for this one and may just have to check the website.

Quote: Originally Posted by artlover13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think that LE Home birchbox was the first sub box I'd ever heard about.  I thought it looked great.  I think I'll email Birchbox CS and ask if they are doing another...
I  know this is the PopSugar thread, but just following up on my previous post.  BB replied that they would be doing a LE box this season. She thanked me for my patience.  Oh, I wish I knew what was in each - I don't know if I can/should do both boxes. 

Quote: Originally Posted by had706 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm do you know how much the BB home LE box was last year? I have some points saved up so could possibly use those...
It looks like it was $58. Just checked a review and it also looks great! 

Decisions, decisions ... 

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Decisions, decisions ...
Ooh that's a bit more than I was hoping.  I don't have that many points!  But I did see a review too and it looks really good.

Quote: Originally Posted by mpatt01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The holiday box last year was the first special box. It wasn't all that great, but each box has gotten better.  That box contained:

• Expensive french hand soap
  • Epicurin (sp?) body lotion
  • a lipstick/nail polish duo (deborah lipman, i think)
  • An ugly metal purse from Style Mint
  • A tarnished gold cuff (think Wonder Woman)
  • A box of unique chocolate bars

I can't remember anything else.  I think the box is worth the risk, personally.
I have never gotten a special edition box but do agree that the special edition boxes have gotten better since this first one. Personally I would probably pay no more than $50 for this box....maybe $60. The cuff and purse looked awful in all the reviews I saw and I really hope they don't use stylemint again. But with all that said, I think I am going to risk it and try out my first special edition box since I have a little extra cash and they have gotten so much better than this since then. 

That's exactly how I feel. I'm trying to decide between an extended subscription OR a holiday box. My wedding anniversary and birthday are coming up and we've set $100 limits on each so maybe I can finesse hubby into getting both as early gifts. 

If you can swing it, I say go for it.  I couldn't find a way to justify the Neiman Marcus box, but I did save up my change for this one. lol

really want to get the limited edition box (since i skipped out on the neiman marcus box) but i really want to see a spoiler first

Quote: Originally Posted by mmccann13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  really want to get the limited edition box (since i skipped out on the neiman marcus box) but i really want to see a spoiler first
Same here! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same here! :)

Third! This would be my first LE PS box so I'm not sure if I want to take the plunge without seeing a spoiler first.

Ack! Now I'm starting to rethink my decision to just buy right away - I didn't get the Fall LE box and was happy about that after I saw the Rachel Zoe ring. It's all the gold jewelry that's killing me. So far, I've recieved three bracelets and three necklaces from PopSugar that have been either gold, gold accented or rose gold. Not a bit of silver in sight.

Ack! Now I'm starting to rethink my decision to just buy right away - I didn't get the Fall LE box and was happy about that after I saw the Rachel Zoe ring. It's all the gold jewelry that's killing me. So far, I've recieved three bracelets and three necklaces from PopSugar that have been either gold, gold accented or rose gold. Not a bit of silver in sight.
Were the mostly from Gorjana?? I wonder if PS gets extra special deals when buyin from them maybe because they are a small company and want the exposure?? I noticed Gorjana does basically all yellow gold stuff.... I don't know how the sourcing for items in the box goes but would be interested to learn about it if anyone does????!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Schmootc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, with my undertones I can only wear silver. So PS's jewellery choices so far have been total no-goes for me. I really hope they change it up, and soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Were the mostly from Gorjana?? I wonder if PS gets extra special deals when buyin from them maybe because they are a small company and want the exposure?? I noticed Gorjana does basically all yellow gold stuff....

I don't know how the sourcing for items in the box goes but would be interested to learn about it if anyone does????!!!

If I'm remembering correctly, two of the bracelets and two of the necklaces were Gorjana, so yes, they definitely were.

It would be great if they had an option for areligion neutral holiday box as well as a Christmas one. I am a Christmas nerd so id be into that but I also don't want people to be excluded.

It would be great if they had an option for areligion neutral holiday box as well as a Christmas one. I am a Christmas nerd so id be into that but I also don't want people to be excluded.
Well they do call it a "Holiday Box" isn't that neutral?? And they didn't put any religious type items in it last year....I wouldn't expect they would this year either.

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Decisions, decisions ... 
Where did you see the review?

Thanks in advance!

Back