PopSugar Must Have 2016 Resort Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hat is cute and seems breathable in the heat.

I actually love the bracelet!

The frame is gorgeous as well. Scrub smells delicious! Going to try out the Make today. Fun box in my opinion. Stuff seems high quality!

Here is a Pom Pom pic on my Pom Pom throw! image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a shipping email early yesterday morning and when I went to check it, it looked like Fed-Ex still hadn't even picked it up.  Imagine my surprise when it was here when I arrived home from work.  What I love the most if the giant black box everything came in.  Those are great for storage.

As for the contents, BLAH.  Blah. Blah.  I hate to be debbie downer but it's nothing like what I was expecting to get in a resort box.  I hate flaky coconut so the marshmallows are totally out for me.  The hat is seriously NOT my style.  My boyfriend laughed and laughed when I took it out of the box and asked me "What in the heck did you order?!?".  LOL  I tried the makeup and I neither want to look matte or dewy.  Rifle Paper books... eh.  Have not opened them up yet to really look so I might like them.  I do like the frame though and the scrub will get some good use.  

Thankfully, I just got a full refund from the Holiday for Her box so I guess I could chalk this up to getting the horrible Resort box for free.  The hat is totally going up for swap.  

When they first posted the spoilers I thought the make kit was yet another blusher/bronzer combo and I was annoyed (hasn't PSMH sent out enough of those?).  I had a sense from some of the comments that maybe I was wrong but I didn't really look up the product until just now (thanks to @@PrettyAndWitty's comment).  I am excited, this is definitely not anything we have received in a box before:

Birchbox Breakdown

On the runways, dewy and matte looks continue to battle it out for dominance, but MAKE sees no reason why we have to choose sides. This dual-purpose compact lets us have it both ways. On one side, there’s a mattifying gel that minimizes shine. On the other, there’s the yin to its yang: a moisturizing cream that gives skin a fresh-from-the-spa glow. Who says matte and dewy looks can’t peacefully coexist?

How to UseSweep the peach product onto your forehead, chin, T-zone, and anywhere that could use a matte touch. Dab the pink product onto cheeks, eyelids, and dry skin for instant moisture and a subtle flush of color.

I guess the only question I have now is how do I put this on in combination with my other products?  Can't wait to play with it and to see how you all use it. 
I think the peach product is similar to the YSL product that's out right now, the blur perfector: http://www.sephora.com/touche-eclat-blur-perfector-P397617?skuId=1713122&browserdefault=true&om_mmc=ppc-GG&mkwid=suPyLB7C3&pcrid=49113167919&pdv=c&site=_search&country_switch=&lang=en&gclid=CJPy_JC_yssCFcgjgQodvkUKYg

I think you just do your makeup normally and then add the two for touch ups? or use the pink product as a cream blush and the peach to set. I think this will be my fave from the box. Between this, the scrub, the frame, and the bracelet, I've gotten my $100 worth. 

Like a few others have said the box is better in person.  I trimmed the pom-poms and now like the bracelet a lot.  The hat is a win and looks cute on but to be fair I love hats.  The frame is cute although the bone part is conceptually a turn off; the make-up will wait and the marshmallows will be given away. 

Like a few others have said the box is better in person.  I trimmed the pom-poms and now like the bracelet a lot.  The hat is a win and looks cute on but to be fair I love hats.  The frame is cute although the bone part is conceptually a turn off; the make-up will wait and the marshmallows will be given away. 
hilarious. you must have the tiniest shears

My box arrived today! While is not my fav resort box- I do like a couple of the items. The hat seems like a higher quality straw hat & the bracelet is cute once the Pom poms are removed. I have to admit that I'm loving the bracelet & thinking about trading for another one. Id describe it as boho chic ! I know someone asked for a pic of the hat to see the fit- so here it is. Please don't judge my Saturday hair.. Lol!

image.jpeg

I just got my resort box and I adore the bracelet. It's so sweet with the pom poms! Love the hat the marshmallows the travel notebooks the scrub. I'm really not sure what to do with the Make, but, I'll figure it out. The frame is gorgeous too. Win win for me!!

Everyone send me your Pom poms I'll make something adorable. I do love it all. This is my fist resort box and I'm thrilled. I also forgot I ordered it so I think that doubled my enjoyment! Happy spring ladies!

I too got my box today.  Overall I liked it.  I wasn't jumping up and down but, it does feel like a special edition box.  The big bummer is the hat is tight on my head.  I may try to see if I can stretch the band first.  Otherwise, my daughter can use it this summer.  The bracelet is nicer in person.  It is more dainty so it doesn't seem as substantial as the other bracelets or the necklace from the previous boxes.  I really like the dark and light gray hematite beads.  I am keeping the poms.  It makes the bracelet less dainty.

I tried a marshmallow.  I thought it was pretty good.  Not sure I would buy more of them.

I like the frame.  It is a nice color and I love having different frames around the house.

I love INDIE products so glad to get the scrub.  The notebooks are nice.  I should gift them because I always feel they are too nice to use.  They get worn so quick in my purse or in my car.

The only thing I won't use is the MAKE item.  

I was worried I would regret buying the box.  But, in person it was fun to open and I will enjoy the items.

Thank you for posting a pic of the hat!!

Is it really packable? It would it get crushed? I'm try to figure out if I want to buy it off someone who is selling it.
I want to say yes, it seems pretty packable. It's not foldable like some of my hats where I can just fold it in half but it seems pretty sturdy where if you packed it in your suitcase it would go back right to its shape when you took it out. Truth is that I wasn't excited about another straw hat to add to my collection but I think this one will become my 'go to' this summer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I want to say yes, it seems pretty packable. It's not foldable like some of my hats where I can just fold it in half but it seems pretty sturdy where if you packed it in your suitcase it would go back right to its shape when you took it out. Truth is that I wasn't excited about another straw hat to add to my collection but I think this one will become my 'go to' this summer. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks! It looks great on you. Now if the weather with hurry up and switch to Spring and then Summer you'll be all set!

Back