PopSugar Must Have 2016 Resort Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I need to see this stuff in person before I judge. I wasn't a fan of the hat in last years box but I love the one from the Fall RZ. That bracelet is hard to see so who knows, maybe I'll love it? I'll use the frame, scrub, and try the makeup. I'll definetly scarf those marshmallows. Kara's are from my town I believe! Hmmmm...we shall see on Friday.

Wow, I'm really disappointed with this box. I even gifted one to someone.... yuck.

I wouldn't have paid $10 for that bracelet. 

The picture frame is... uh, yeah, would have paid $5. That being said, I'm glad to have it only because I prefer buying things from places that are underdeveloped. It's for a good cause.

The hat... .... ...... I could find that at Goodwill for a buck. 

Passport books are cute, the scrub is nice, the marshmallows will be eaten, and I hope the makeup doesn't break me out.

Value is just not there. I'm pretty disappointed. 

I honestly don't see the travel theme of this box, I mean a picture frame? I guess when I go to Scotland and take lots of photos this year, I can use it to display one, but it's not really my style. And that hat?? I'll have to see it but I might wear it in the garden, wouldn't be seen on my trip with that! I use notebooks, so I can take them with me on the trip. Will have to wait and see on the bracelet, but agree with another poster those tassels have got to go! And how do you travel with marshmallows??? I guess I was hoping for more items that you can take with you when you travel, so hence my disappointment, should have saved my money I guess. Hopefully I will like it better when it gets here later today. 

I honestly don't see the travel theme of this box, I mean a picture frame? I guess when I go to Scotland and take lots of photos this year, I can use it to display one, but it's not really my style. And that hat?? I'll have to see it but I might wear it in the garden, wouldn't be seen on my trip with that! I use notebooks, so I can take them with me on the trip. Will have to wait and see on the bracelet, but agree with another poster those tassels have got to go! And how do you travel with marshmallows??? I guess I was hoping for more items that you can take with you when you travel, so hence my disappointment, should have saved my money I guess. Hopefully I will like it better when it gets here later today.
Last year's box was much better for more different kinds of travel. This one is more like what you'd take on a road trip to the beach (hat, beaded bracelet, scrub, easy makeup, little notebooks). I like it but it's less versatile than some boxes have been...

Well this has been an interesting trip....

While I wouldn't have totally bummed if I got this box, much of it would've gone up for sale or swap since it's not really a good fit for me (which is why I don't buy the Resort boxes). I'm holding out for a summer box.

By my estimates, here's what each item "costs" when you pay $100 for this box, based on retail values and % of the box cost:

Make: $8.82

Marshmallows: $3.92

Notebook set: $3.27

Bracelet: $31.05

Frame: $16.34

Hat: $15.03

Scrub: $12.42

Magazines: $9.15

I personally like the hat (but this is the third "summer" style hat PS has sent). I don't love marshmallows but turning them into rice-crispy treats sounds YUM! I'll probably try to trade or buy the scrub, the make item and possibly the hat but I want to see an actual picture of it.

I agree this doesn't feel very "resort" to me. I wouldn't take a frame or marshmallows with me on a trip. They sent cocktail salt last year and I wouldn't take that on a trip with me either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this has been an interesting trip....

While I wouldn't have totally bummed if I got this box, much of it would've gone up for sale or swap since it's not really a good fit for me (which is why I don't buy the Resort boxes). I'm holding out for a summer box.

By my estimates, here's what each item "costs" when you pay $100 for this box, based on retail values and % of the box cost:

I personally like the hat (but this is the third "summer" style hat PS has sent). I don't love marshmallows but turning them into rice-crispy treats sounds YUM! I'll probably try to trade or buy the scrub, the make item and possibly the hat but I want to see an actual picture of it.

I agree this doesn't feel very "resort" to me. I wouldn't take a frame or marshmallows with me on a trip. They sent cocktail salt last year and I wouldn't take that on a trip with me either. 
That's a great way of thinking of it.  But I wouldn't really invest that in any of these items. But like the way you put it!!

First post- and I have no idea how to hide the pics- sorry! I got my box today and surprisingly am really happy with it. From the spoilers I thought I'd hate the bracelet but it may be my favorite. The little poms are kinda weird but I've been wearing it since it arrived and like it more as time goes on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I like the bracelet.  Mine should now be here tomorrow, it's at my local post office but I am at work.  I like the little poms on it.

This box may should not have been listed as a "Resort" box, it looks more like items you could use for a "Staycation" or going to the lake or beach.  The value is really there, thanks to Bizgirlva breaking down for everyone.  I was really hoping for a nice face serum or moisturizer! I may have to try the marshmallows for rice crispy treats, or I could make hot chocolate this weekend, its supposed to be chilly where I live.

Hope everyone likes their box once we all receive, since we all made a big production about spoilers yesterday! LOL

Happy St. Patty's Day All!

First post- and I have no idea how to hide the pics- sorry! I got my box today and surprisingly am really happy with it. From the spoilers I thought I'd hate the bracelet but it may be my favorite. The little poms are kinda weird but I've been wearing it since it arrived and like it more as time goes on.
I don't hate it! I think it's kind of fun and fresh!

lauradiniwilk, on 17 Mar 2016 - 3:45 PM, said:I don't hate it either...or at least I won't once I clip off the poms.  I just can't get past them.  This makes me feel like I am tragically unhip. 
Exactly except for the unhip part -pom-pom bracelets are definitely not the rage yet (thankfully).

Wow I can't believe how disappointed I am - I tend to keep all of my popsugar items. This is my second LE purchase and I almost dislike all of the products. The makeup product looks like it will be too light for my medium tan complexion. I do not eat gelatin, which most marshmallow products contain (couldn't find any info online about this, anyone know?). The bracelet is not my style, I will not wear it. The rifle paper co books are cute but I still have another set of rifle paper co books I haven't used yet. The photo frame does not match any of my decor. The body scrub seems nice, and I guess will eventually get used. I still have so much body scrub from my boxes that I haven't used yet - and I exfoliate in the shower everyday! I don't care for the hat, I already have a collection and style I prefer to bring with me on vacations. If anyone is interested in purchasing, please PM me!
Ok - so this is totally my fault because I wasn't happy with the holiday for her box, but yet bought this without even one spoiler.  But yeah, I'm not at all happy with this box and it really REALLY bugs me that PS would send a product with gelatin in it.  I get that they can't cater to every single dietary preference or restriction, but gelatin isn't consumed by vegans, vegetarians, and some religions.   

Aside from the fact that I can't eat them, what the heck do marshmallows have to do with a travel box anyway? I'm sure no one wants to eat oozy gooey marshmallows while traveling.  Plus I'm going to complain about the fact that they put in this bracelet that has such an overinflated value, 2 paper notebooks (yeah, i love Rifle Paper but still. . . ).  Also I'm grossed out by things made of bone, and I believe that's what the picture frame is made of.  

I will say that Goorin makes really good quality hats.  I haven't been impressed with MAKE products before, I get them in Birchbox and I didn't really like that red lipstick we got from PS a few years ago.  Though it's an interesting product and I don't have anything like it, so maybe I'll change my mind once I give it a try.  

I'm now 100% sure this will be my last PS LE or SE box without a good spoiler.   PS monthly boxes have been great, but it seems like they keep using the same companies for their $100 + boxes.  

Mine arrived today. My bracelet is the same as MallyB's. Everything is nicer in person, also I really like the cost brakedown: 

There are a few items I would have paid less for but there are a few items I would have paid more for. The hat isn't a winner for me, it's too snug and something about the style feels off to me. I have a better fitting, similar style hat from Target that has also traveled pretty well although not technically packable. 

The frame is very pretty and really does evoke a kind of summery water vibe but I could easily find a dup for this at Home Goods or TJ Maxx for five to ten bucks. It's already set up and waiting for a Santa Cruz picture. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Love the scrub, it smells great and I like the brand a lot!

The bracelet is meh. I have a similar style bracelet as this one but from J.Crew a few years ago. I think I paid about $30 it at full cost but it's hot pink and has a little bling...the poms and charms on this one are a little funky. It feels juvenile to me. 

I LOVE the Make dew kit. It feels very resort to me and I cannot wait to start using it. I'm always super shinny in summer but hate using blotting papers. This is kind of a like a primer that is intended to be a top coat. I need no help with "dew" lol. I would have paid more for this item. 

Marshmallows...this is a winter snack but they were absolutely delicious, but come on this is a winter snack in a resort box. 

The notebooks are super cute. Great size for being thrown into a bag and I love that they are unlined too. Looking forward to using them! 

Du Jour magazine sub, cool but I wish an issue would have been included in the box! 

Not my favorite box but I'm not mad about it. I feel like the value is there, but the curation is underwhelming. I feel like a better snack (it tasted great) or a sarong in lieu of a hat would have made this box a winner. 

When they first posted the spoilers I thought the make kit was yet another blusher/bronzer combo and I was annoyed (hasn't PSMH sent out enough of those?).  I had a sense from some of the comments that maybe I was wrong but I didn't really look up the product until just now (thanks to @@PrettyAndWitty's comment).  I am excited, this is definitely not anything we have received in a box before:

Birchbox Breakdown

On the runways, dewy and matte looks continue to battle it out for dominance, but MAKE sees no reason why we have to choose sides. This dual-purpose compact lets us have it both ways. On one side, there’s a mattifying gel that minimizes shine. On the other, there’s the yin to its yang: a moisturizing cream that gives skin a fresh-from-the-spa glow. Who says matte and dewy looks can’t peacefully coexist?

How to UseSweep the peach product onto your forehead, chin, T-zone, and anywhere that could use a matte touch. Dab the pink product onto cheeks, eyelids, and dry skin for instant moisture and a subtle flush of color.

I guess the only question I have now is how do I put this on in combination with my other products?  Can't wait to play with it and to see how you all use it. 

Back