Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tanya Bachirev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When you are subscribing you have the "Choose your subscription" area, in the same row you can see with which moth your subscription will start.

ohh nice! Thanks! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Tanya Bachirev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The coupon MARCH10 is working, just subscribed for the April box and got 10$ off.
Yay! Thank you so much! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just signed up again haha. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quick question... if you've just reached influencer status (i.e. 2 referrals)... does that mean you automatically get the immediate next box for free? Or can you choose which month you want the free box? Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quick question... if you've just reached influencer status (i.e. 2 referrals)... does that mean you automatically get the immediate next box for free? Or can you choose which month you want the free box? Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I believe it's the next box after the one you just paid for. For instance, you paid for April, you would get May for free.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I believe it's the next box after the one you just paid for. For instance, you paid for April, you would get May for free.
Thank you! 

For April, I'm really hoping for:

1. Infuser water bottle

2. Book - the fault in our stars (the movie comes out in June, would be nice to have time to read it before the movie hits theaters! Also, I just hear it is an awesome book.)

3. Double ended eye liner pencil - urban decay has some great ones!

4. Fancy lip balm

5. Fun bracelets or stretchy headband

6. Some of those chocolate covered blueberries by Brookside for the Must Have Food

7. Maybe a cute stationary set?

I definitely love the idea of a planter set! So cute and unique for April!

For April, I'm really hoping for: 1. Infuser water bottle 2. Book - the fault in our stars (the movie comes out in June, would be nice to have time to read it before the movie hits theaters! Also, I just hear it is an awesome book.) 3. Double ended eye liner pencil - urban decay has some great ones! 4. Fancy lip balm 5. Fun bracelets or stretchy headband 6. Some of those chocolate covered blueberries by Brookside for the Must Have Food 7. Maybe a cute stationary set? I definitely love the idea of a planter set! So cute and unique for April!
I would love this box! I think some of you should start your own boxes. The ideas here are usually even better than the boxes we actually get :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

eR4QflN3_sdyAapznoTl592v38CrkTlaeuTUMEwsLcLmpFPrcF8L-ADaH1hzTSjRJW7WoDhzcV4k9JpsgdW94sUFqTUCLFNJQFcGyv5peucGSoTBaqrtrimfqQ_L88gk6BZNC_KzutRyuvgJl762VSDKqYhFuoMx1cc=s0-d-e1-ft

Seriously ANOTHER code. I am actually glad I canceled after February, and again after March. I guess I'm just going to keep unsubscribing and using the $10 off codes. Why don't they just LOWER THE PRICE TO $30 and leave it at that? I bet they'd gain back their lost subscribers and THEN some if they did.

I reactivated my first account, which has TWO referrals so I SHOULD get a free box. Does anyone know how this works? 

Sigh. I literally JUST cancelled last night and now I'm resubbing. These promo codes are making it hard to quit!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

eR4QflN3_sdyAapznoTl592v38CrkTlaeuTUMEwsLcLmpFPrcF8L-ADaH1hzTSjRJW7WoDhzcV4k9JpsgdW94sUFqTUCLFNJQFcGyv5peucGSoTBaqrtrimfqQ_L88gk6BZNC_KzutRyuvgJl762VSDKqYhFuoMx1cc=s0-d-e1-ft

Seriously ANOTHER code. I am actually glad I canceled after February, and again after March. I guess I'm just going to keep unsubscribing and using the $10 off codes. Why don't they just LOWER THE PRICE TO $30 and leave it at that? I bet they'd gain back their lost subscribers and THEN some if they did.
Right?! It almost seems like these promo codes are reactionary... put out after a bunch of people unsubscribe (like me). Personally, I find $30 a lot more affordable than $40. $40 just seems a little bit over my budget for the amount of enjoyment I get from PS. If it was $30, I would probably never do the unsub-resub game. I would just keep it month after month.

Quote: Originally Posted by queenofserendip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Right?! It almost seems like these promo codes are reactionary... put out after a bunch of people unsubscribe (like me). Personally, I find $30 a lot more affordable than $40. $40 just seems a little bit over my budget for the amount of enjoyment I get from PS. If it was $30, I would probably never do the unsub-resub game. I would just keep it month after month.
Yup. I know a lot of people were angry when the upped the price of the subscription, and a lot of people canceled. I think it's kind of stupid on their part to cause all that drama and lose all those customers if they're just going to essentially lower the price to $30 with a coupon code each month.

The worst part is they're screwing over their subscribers who subbed for 3, 6, 12 months etc, or even people that go month to month that already get charged before the coupon code comes out. Making your loyal subscribers pay $40 while everyone else is paying $30 is just really ridiculous.

But I agree, $30 is definitely a good price for PopSugar. Even $35. $40 is pushing it. I won't buy another box at the $40 price tag after all these coupons.

my 3 month deal ended the 3 for 2 so i had canceled - used APRIL10 today and bought april box and already cancelled for may as i am guessing another code will come! it is really ridiculous, i would just do a year if they would offer codes on the longer ones too! perhaps they will get a clue with so many cancels and re-subs, one can hope! one would think they would want more money upfront as a better business model but they seem to do strange things!

Just cancelled and resubbed it's a bit if a pain but worth the 10 bucks. I agree they should just make it 30 and be done with it but I guess they make the extra 10 on people who don't know or don't bother with codes.

Agree - or why not issue a one-time code with a longer $10 discount? (Like 3 or 6 months) They would get lots of new subscribers and save everyone on both ends the trouble of people subscribing/in subscribing every month. It would also probably make people unsubscribe less if they would lose the discount.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christy327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You have to resubscribe every time for the code to work?
Yes, because the code is for people who are subscribed, which is why I think it's totally insane.

I genuinely think if they're going to keep releasing these codes they should make a big announcement saying they're lowering the price to like $30-$35 a month as well as doing discounts for larger groupings of boxes (3, 6 month etc) and be done with it.

This monthly code thing is incredibly annoying, especially for those who paid for a full year. Luckily I'm not one of those people but I would be furiously e-mailing them if I was.

So I sent this email:

Good Afternoon. I was searching the internet and found yet another $10 off code for April. It seems like you do this every month. Since I signed up for 1 year of your service, and unable to just go month to month now, I am actually paying more than most people, as a dedicated subscriber, at least for the next 11 months. Is there anything you can do about this?

Thank you.

They sent this back:

Hi Anne,

Thanks for reaching out! While we understand your frustration, we do our best to balance the promotions that we offer our new subscribers with our great referral program for current subscribers. As a remedy for the issue, we would be more than happy to send you an extra item! Is there anything you have enjoyed from past month's boxes? Please let us know!

I can't decide if this is OKI mean if there is a $10 code every month, I overpaid $70.

Help!

Back