Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I might be being bratty, but I just started my subscription. March was my first month. I couldn't use the $10 code on the year but I rationalized it that I would save more money doing the year than go monthly. Now I feel like I just got screwed over.

So I sent this email: Good Afternoon. I was searching the internet and found yet another $10 off code for April. It seems like you do this every month. Since I signed up for 1 year of your service, and unable to just go month to month now, I am actually paying more than most people, as a dedicated subscriber, at least for the next 11 months. Is there anything you can do about this? Thank you. They sent this back: Hi Anne,

Thanks for reaching out! While we understand your frustration, we do our best to balance the promotions that we offer our new subscribers with our great referral program for current subscribers. As a remedy for the issue, we would be more than happy to send you an extra item! Is there anything you have enjoyed from past month's boxes? Please let us know!

I can't decide if this is OKI mean if there is a $10 code every month, I overpaid $70.

Help!
Ok this is so bizarre to me, that doesn't remedy the issue at all!! So weird! Anyhow I say you look back thru all the old boxes and find the coolest most expensive item you can ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by phanne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I sent this email:

Good Afternoon. I was searching the internet and found yet another $10 off code for April. It seems like you do this every month. Since I signed up for 1 year of your service, and unable to just go month to month now, I am actually paying more than most people, as a dedicated subscriber, at least for the next 11 months. Is there anything you can do about this?

Thank you.

They sent this back:

Hi Anne,

Thanks for reaching out! While we understand your frustration, we do our best to balance the promotions that we offer our new subscribers with our great referral program for current subscribers. As a remedy for the issue, we would be more than happy to send you an extra item! Is there anything you have enjoyed from past month's boxes? Please let us know!

I can't decide if this is OKI mean if there is a $10 code every month, I overpaid $70.

Help!

I think what they mean to say is:

We can acquire new subscribers each month when we use the coupons, but giving our long-term subscribers access to the coupons makes us lose money.

This is what I would say in response:

"Its not uncommon for companies to use these types of coupons every now and then to tempt new subscribers or to get old subscribers to come back, but it starts to become unfair to their long-term subscribers when they are put out every month. If I used a coupon code and then canceled and resubscribed each month, I would save $70 from what I paid for my current subscription. I don't think that your company would want people to continue unsubbing and re-subbing, but rather have more customers like myself, who have paid ahead of time and put our trust in your company that we were getting a good deal."

If you want to get the extra item as a consolation, you can finish it off with:

"I do appreciate you attempting to remedy the issue with me, although I do still feel like I'm out $70. I would be interested in _______ if it's still available.

Thank you."

If you DON'T want to get the extra item, finish it off with:

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your suggested remedy for the issue, but the fact is, I was under the impression that buying boxes in groups would save me money, but as I stated above, I am now out $70, which I could have saved if I just used a coupon code every month. I don't think a single item from a past box is a remedy to me feeling like I cannot trust your company or that your long-term subscribers will be getting the best deals. "

Personally? I don't think anything you say will remedy this issue, but I think if anything, they'll just stop releasing the coupons, which would be a bummer for anyone that uses them. I would just take the free item, honestly lol

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally? I don't think anything you say will remedy this issue, but I think if anything, they'll just stop releasing the coupons, which would be a bummer for anyone that uses them. I would just take the free item, honestly lol

This is what I sent back, but yours sounds so much better. I really don't want to choose between the dial and nail files.

I understand you wanting to give new subscribers a discount, March is my first month. I tried to use the $10 code for March, but I couldn't on the one year subscription, it kept telling me it was invalid. I decided that even if I do the one year, I would still be saving more money. But now that you have these $10 codes every month people are subscribing, canceling, then re-subscribing using the new coupon for the month, in fact only paying $30 a month. So I feel like I over paid by $60. That's almost the price of 2 months (actually it is the price of a month with the code.)! I would like to have my subscription extended by two months, if possible, so it would expire after April 2015. Thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok this is so bizarre to me, that doesn't remedy the issue at all!! So weird! Anyhow I say you look back thru all the old boxes and find the coolest most expensive item you can
wink.gif

They like to use this solution to remedy an issue and I did exactly that! I went through all the old boxes and chose items that were comparable in cost to the ring. I had contacted PS because my Rachel Zoe love knot ring from one of their LE boxes started to tarnish on top of knot. I know it's not a solid 14K gold piece of "fine" jewelry but the ring retails at $75! They were not able to send me another ring but did offer to send me another item to make up for it. I got a pair of House of Harlow sunglasses. They still have the zuma scarves, but are out of the grey brokedown scarf. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They like to use this solution to remedy an issue and I did exactly that! I went through all the old boxes and chose items that were comparable in cost to the ring. I had contacted PS because my Rachel Zoe love knot ring from one of their LE boxes started to tarnish on top of knot. I know it's not a solid 14K gold piece of "fine" jewelry but the ring retails at $75! They were not able to send me another ring but did offer to send me another item to make up for it. I got a pair of House of Harlow sunglasses. They still have the zuma scarves, but are out of the grey brokedown scarf. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
House of Harlow is probably my favorite jewelry/accessories line. I love the vibe of the entire collection!

I was going to stop getting boxes after February, but the coupon code and scarf spoiler from March made me resub. I canceled after getting my March box, but of course I resubbed with the April coupon code.

I can't resist PopSugar!
helpp.gif

ALSO:

Just in case some of you didn't get that e-mail and are on the fence about re-subscribing for april, the APRIL10 coupon code expires on March 27th, so decide soon!

ALSO: Just in case some of you didn't get that e-mail and are on the fence about re-subscribing for april, the APRIL10 coupon code expires on March 27th, so decide soon!
Do they usually have any spoilers out by then? My sub ran out in Feb and I didn't resub because I wasn't that keen on the March scarf. I'm not sure I want. April unless I see something good.

Quote: Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they usually have any spoilers out by then? My sub ran out in Feb and I didn't resub because I wasn't that keen on the March scarf. I'm not sure I want. April unless I see something good.
I haven't seen spoiler at all until someone gets their box, but I've only been subscribed since November. March was the exception, but I definitely don't think they'll have any April spoilers before March 27th. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't seen spoiler at all until someone gets their box, but I've only been subscribed since November. March was the exception, but I definitely don't think they'll have any April spoilers before March 27th. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Bummer. I couldn't remember. I haven't really liked the last several months, not sure if I should take a chance.

They had a spoiler that came out for march box, but that is unusual.

I can't remember how to enter a referral code (not promotional code) in the sign up for must have box. Anyone remember and can tell me? Thanks.

I'm on the fence about getting Aprils box. My sub ended in March. I know they usually don't post spoilers but that would be nice to help me decide!

Did anyone get the Modcloth surprise bags?? I got some but got the cheapest shipping and I'm dying to see what others got!!!
I got the Modcloth surprise bags but I live in Israel so it will take at least a week or two :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by wurly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't remember how to enter a referral code (not promotional code) in the sign up for must have box. Anyone remember and can tell me? Thanks.

You don't enter a code - to give someone referral points you have to access the signup page through a special link that they give you, then it will give them the referral automatically :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ALSO:

Just in case some of you didn't get that e-mail and are on the fence about re-subscribing for april, the APRIL10 coupon code expires on March 27th, so decide soon!
Did it. Thanks! I keep seeing the codes and I can't believe I've been paying full price every month, esp. since the increase, if un-subbing and re-subbing is that easy. I  would be nice if they had just kept the price the same, or improved the value of the boxes. The price increase along with monthly discount codes is really silly.

Back