POPSUGAR Must Have August 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering how people are using their towels. I actually haven't used mine yet as I don't go to the beach or go on picnics on a regular basis.
I use mine as a regular bath towel. They are sooooo absorbent it's insane. They just suck the water out of my wet hair. They also dry very fast. My husband uses the basement bathroom shower after mowing the lawn (I don't want the grass being tracked upstairs) He had an issue a few times with hanging the towel and having it get a mildew smell in the week before he used that bathroom again. Now he uses the Turkish towels exclusively and they dry out completely within an hour of use. No risk of mildew! (Yes, I would prefer he just remember to wash the towels, but this is progress.)

I will say I've become kind of obsessed with turkish towels and between the resort box towel, the regular box towel and some I bought on Amazon, the reg box towel (the kind you'll get with this code) is the least soft. It's awesome and absorbent, but not really a comfy towel to wrap up in. That's why I'm on the fence about using the code. I think there are better versions out there for not too much money. The one I got on amazon was less than $20 and it's my favorite.

So I just submitted my post and saw some of my words were underlined in blue. I clicked on them and they took me to advertisements related to those words. That is soooo creepy. I never noticed that before. It almost looks like I out a link in or something, but I absolutely did not! Creepy.

So I just submitted my post and saw some of my words were underlined in blue. I clicked on them and they took me to advertisements related to those words. That is soooo creepy. I never noticed that before. It almost looks like I out a link in or something, but I absolutely did not! Creepy.
I hate it, too.

If anyone is interested Popsugar Must Have is doing a flash sale of the Michael Stars hat (July box) on their website with free shipping. I was hoping that a Fall Style Box would have been up, but not yet.

What's the last day to sign up? Any discount codes? TIA. I always look at PSMH and am never sure.

I was wondering how people are using their towels. I actually haven't used mine yet as I don't go to the beach or go on picnics on a regular basis.
I had put mine on my trade list thinking it would be an easy trade item. Now with that code I don't think it will ever trade, so I'm debating on actually washing it and trying it.... we'll see...

A stupid question, so please bear with me. I just achieved "influencer" status, and my next box says "August", but the billing also says "August". Does this mean I'll be charged for August, or does this mean I'll get August, September and October free, and then get charged for November? It seems to me that I'll be charged for August. I'm confused. Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue. 

Did you all see the PSMH Facebook announcement that 10 subscibers will win Eva NYC hair styling tools? I would do a screen grab but I'm lazy

I will say I've become kind of obsessed with turkish towels and between the resort box towel, the regular box towel and some I bought on Amazon, the reg box towel (the kind you'll get with this code) is the least soft. It's awesome and absorbent, but not really a comfy towel to wrap up in. That's why I'm on the fence about using the code. I think there are better versions out there for not too much money. The one I got on amazon was less than $20 and it's my favorite.
I got the turkish towel from the resort box but not the regular box towel.  I love the one I got and have been thinking about getting more but that brand is pretty pricey.  How does the amazon one you bought compare and could you provide a link?

I'm also on the fence about resubbing.  I quit earlier this year just because I needed to cut down on stuff.  Buuuuuuut this month is my birthday and I would like another turkish towel.  But then it might be better to just buy a turkish towel by itself.

I was meh about the towel but actually love it for my hair. You can tie your hair up turban style and it's great for helping it dry while you do your makeup. 

Plus it's so thin that you can easily wrap your hair up in it and tie it up off your face. 

It's my favorite for drying my hair with as well. 

I'm obsessed with Turkish towels now!! I got a couple with a living social deal - the bright colors are super fun & they look so cute on a lawn chair. I even got a couple monogrammed maybe a step too far but it makes me happy :)

I signed up for this one for the first time (and this is my first post on here).  I used the $10 off code and it worked!  The towel looks nice as well.  I hope the box meets my expectations, the last one wasn't interesting to me but some did look great - thanks for the code!

A stupid question, so please bear with me. I just achieved "influencer" status, and my next box says "August", but the billing also says "August". Does this mean I'll be charged for August, or does this mean I'll get August, September and October free, and then get charged for November? It seems to me that I'll be charged for August. I'm confused. Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue. 
You should get August for free. It said that for me whenever I reached that status, but my next boxes were free. It'll just have some "prepaid" message, or something similar, next to the box once they process them for August.

I got the turkish towel from the resort box but not the regular box towel.  I love the one I got and have been thinking about getting more but that brand is pretty pricey.  How does the amazon one you bought compare and could you provide a link?

I'm also on the fence about resubbing.  I quit earlier this year just because I needed to cut down on stuff.  Buuuuuuut this month is my birthday and I would like another turkish towel.  But then it might be better to just buy a turkish towel by itself.
So all this talk of towels has me thinking that I would actually like another towel in my Aug box. I got the Turkish towel in the resort box and also the reg box towel a few months ago but I was thinking it would be great to have one of those microfiber Hair Genie towels. The kind that are super absorbent and small and you can easily pack for vacations. I used to have one but left it at my exes place and I'm sure it is long gone....Anywho, they are like $8-$10 at CVS but I would love to get one in my box! 

Latest posts

Back