POPSUGAR Must Have August 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always get the codes to work on my main account. I cancel after each box I get until I decide to get another, use a good if I get any good spoilers or have a good feeling about the box, rinse, and repeat. I've never had a problem putting in a code. It might be different if you never cancel your sub or wait too late in the month to cancel?
I did the 2 for 3 code in December and was never able to use another code on my main account again, I cancelled shortly after I purchased so well before the 3 months were up - there must be some glitch in their system b/c it seems to work for some and not others...perhaps older accounts don't have the limitation?! who knows with PS! I would not bother with referral link if they would work on main account! I'm prob better off b/c I'll end up with the 6 months free in the end...but we can only get the 6 months free only once per account right?!? it will really be a pain to keep making new emails to get discount - I will check the gift section and see if codes work there but hope I don't need new emails there too! you are so lucky codes work on your account!!

It's technically not even their anniversary month, the first one was July 2012. I think everyone started hyping it up so much last year (with no mention from PopSugar about any kind of anniversary thing) that they felt they had to do something and announced the necklace as an anniversary gift.
Agree with you that it should be July, but I saw they posted a few places last year that their August box was their birthday celebration box. 

Here's an example: http://www.popsugar.com/POPSUGAR-Must-Have-Box-August-2013-31128827#photo-31140572

Used the promo code to resub & it was VALID.

It also says that I had a free box from referrals on this "main" account since I was able to get a cousin to subscribe last week and I referred myself for July through a different email account. Does this mean I MIGHT get double boxes for August? Or do you think it will go for September? Been trying to figure out when I actually get a free box for the longest. LOL.

Anyways, I'm excited for AUGUST'S BOX! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Agree with you that it should be July, but I saw they posted a few places last year that their August box was their birthday celebration box. 

Here's an example: http://www.popsugar.com/POPSUGAR-Must-Have-Box-August-2013-31128827#photo-31140572
That's true, but they didn't start advertising that until people were making a big deal about it in July. I'm just trying to temper people's expectations. Until they come out and say "Hey August is our 2nd anniversary and it's going to be super awesome!" we should just expect a regular box.

Used the promo code to resub & it was VALID.

It also says that I had a free box from referrals on this "main" account since I was able to get a cousin to subscribe last week and I referred myself for July through a different email account. Does this mean I MIGHT get double boxes for August? Or do you think it will go for September? Been trying to figure out when I actually get a free box for the longest. LOL.

Anyways, I'm excited for AUGUST'S BOX! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
once you start your sub again, it will then send you the sept box for free

yeah!! I'm excited for aug too!

That's true, but they didn't start advertising that until people were making a big deal about it in July. I'm just trying to temper people's expectations. Until they come out and say "Hey August is our 2nd anniversary and it's going to be super awesome!" we should just expect a regular box.
That is a VERY good point. I will go with your logic so that I am not disappointed :)

I have a questions for referring with Popsugar. When people say they are referring themselves, are you creating new accounts each time? If you have an account and cancel, which I have done many times. When you sign back up are you or can you use a referral link? 

I have a questions for referring with Popsugar. When people say they are referring themselves, are you creating new accounts each time? If you have an account and cancel, which I have done many times. When you sign back up are you or can you use a referral link? 
Yes, you can use your own referral link to create a new account using a new email address. But if you've already signed up with that email, cancelled, and are re-subbing then you cannot use a referral link. At least, that is my understanding... I haven't tried to refer myself a second time on the same email to verify.

I keep trying to sign up for a new sub with a new email, and it's still telling me the code is invalid. Am I using the right code? MHAUG10 ? I double checked if I had already used that email before by selecting the forgotten password option, and it says it doesn't recognize the email.... So I'm guessing that confirms that I have not used it, right? Ugh :/

I tried the code (also was going to be a birthday treat for me!) and it won't work. Is it one of those codes that only has so many uses to it?

I think that's what they said when they published the code.

I'm really hoping for a wallet in this one or the next LE. Totally random of course .. but mine is starting to fall apart and I'm torn between buying a new one or just waiting for one to come with a PS box. They never had something like that or only a loong time ago I think.

Mod reminder: Blog promo codes are not allowed per MUT's terms of service.
had no clue i could not post a promo code here, i have nothing to do with any blog, that is just where i saw new promo code, sorry just trying to help!!

Mod reminder: Blog promo codes are not allowed per MUT's terms of service.
We can't post promo codes?!!! That's one of the main reasons I check here several times every day, because the MUT ladies always have the codes. Please reconsider this policy, it only hurts your users and discourages us from checking your site.

We can't post promo codes?!!! That's one of the main reasons I check here several times every day, because the MUT ladies always have the codes. Please reconsider this policy, it only hurts your users and discourages us from checking your site.
Promo codes not specific to the blog/user: yes. Blog/referral/affiliate codes: no. This is because blog/affiliate/referral codes typically generate some sort of income or bonus to the person behind the blog/account. It's considered a form of advertising, and the only advertising allowed on MUT is from our official sponsors or whatever the ad agency places on the site. Without this restriction, the funds to keep MUT open and free to members goes *poof*. And so will MUT. This is all in the terms of service.

And this is one rule mods have been directed to strictly enforce, so we have no control over this since it comes from the owners of the site.

Promo codes not specific to the blog/user: yes. Blog/referral/affiliate codes: no. This is because blog/affiliate/referral codes typically generate some sort of income or bonus to the person behind the blog/account. It's considered a form of advertising, and the only advertising allowed on MUT is from our official sponsors or whatever the ad agency places on the site. Without this restriction, the funds to keep MUT open and free to members goes *poof*. And so will MUT. This is all in the terms of service.
That makes sense. I knew about the referral link thing. I'm thinking most codes posted on here are not blog specific, so hopefully the awesome MUT community will keep posting the okayed ones. I definitely don't want MUT to go "poof"! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back