PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would love Amy Pohlers book, truffles, nice gloves( i feel this is gonna happen since we got hats and scarves) a gift cert for something like true and co, NO CANDLES please!!! Maybe a cute apron Def a bracelet or statement ring! 

I may regret this later, but I'm still cancelling mine. I think this is a great subscription overall, especially since it has so many non beauty items, but even if I think about the items in each box that I love the most (the cup from January, the scarf and bowl from December - even the Fitbit from the Target collaboration box that I didn't get) I don't NEED those items and the $40 price tag is just a little steep for a monthly treat for myself since I truly don't need (or sometimes want) all of the items. $20-$30? - now you're talking my language :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is just me, of course. I respect that to some that may be a no brainer to grab it, given the chance and price.

That being said, I'll probably be super jealous when the Feb box reveals come out, so I'll just live vicariously through you all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I personally think $40 is also too much to spend on a box of unknowns...  but I got the black friday deal so the 6 month sub is a more reasonable price.... and so far, the nov, dec and Jan box got items that I ended up using quite often....so its all good to me...  once my 6 month is up I will probably have to do the sub unsub by promo code game or I may just be over Pop sugar or I may just wait for a good friday deal again....  I am expecting a baby girl..   so money can be a bit tight now, at the same time, i'd like to think with a baby girl..  this monthly treat will now REALLY be a treat for me! 

....the $40 price tag is just a little steep for a monthly treat for myself since I truly don't need (or sometimes want) all of the items. $20-$30? - now you're talking my language :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is just me, of course. I respect that to some that may be a no brainer to grab it, given the chance and price.

That being said, I'll probably be super jealous when the Feb box reveals come out, so I'll just live vicariously through you all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I felt this way and was going to cancel. I was the queen of signing up and canceling and re-signing up with a $10 off coupon. But when they had the 6 month Black Friday deal for $139 - I jumped on it. It brought the monthly price down to a bit under $23.50 a month which I was able to justify. Much more palatable than $39.99 a month. We are fine $$-wise but I have trouble justifying spending what I kind of consider frivolous $$$ on myself - especially since we are working on adopting a teen from foster care. But I figured she will probably like some of the goodies too so I was able to totally justify that 6 month sub lol lol

I think a candle snuffer is such a great idea! So fabulous! Also, I really can't get enough of candles; :sunshine:   so a big candle with a wonderful light floral scent would be perfect. And there absolutely has to be chocolate in the Feb box!

I bet they "sold out" because they wanted to make sure they could all ship and arrive by the 14th.

And I bet that anyone who checks the waitlist will get a Feb box (but after the 14th).

Makes sense to me for them to do that in order to make sure their regular subscribers get the box by the 14th.

The last few boxes have been so great, I hardly know what to imagine for a Valentines box!  Did they have someone new take over curation!? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, so February is already sold out, like before it was even breathed about, really? What's up with that? I barely get a chance to tell my friends to subscribe with the discount code and it's gone in just hours?

The site says March boxes are up for sale. What should I tell her to do? Does the wait (check)box option ever work? She'll be moving mid March, I don't know if I should encourage her to try that or not. How would she find out which box they will send her?
I think a lot of people subscribed with the half off code last month.  They won't cancel until that ships out.  My husband got me a second box under his name.  After it ships he will cancel. So that could be why they don't have very many February boxes unspoken for. 

Wait.  I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

I wonder why MSA is saying it's sold out...

*Don't mind me, I'm losing my marbles!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait.  I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

Glossybox and Popsugar are two different subs.  Glossybox might not be sold out but Popsugar claims to be on their website, which is what MSA had reported.

Glossybox and Popsugar are two different subs.  Glossybox might not be sold out but Popsugar claims to be on their website, which is what MSA had reported.
*sheepish*

LOL!! I'm going crazy!  Thank you for pointing out that I've got my subs confused >.<  I need some sleep apparently.

Maybe try leavin a comment on the post and see if she'll put out an email, or email PS direct and address it to her?

I think a candle snuffer is such a great idea! So fabulous! Also, I really can't get enough of candles; :sunshine:   so a big candle with a wonderful light floral scent would be perfect. And there absolutely has to be chocolate in the Feb box!
i still have the chalkboard candle and another from past boxes! if you are interested and want to trade anything let me know!

I am dying to know what's in this box for some reason! I hope there is something time sensitive like movie tickets or a voucher people might prefer to use for Valentine's Day. I would love 50 Shades of Grey tickets or a free bouquet from the bouqs.com as others have mentioned.

As for other items, I would love a makeup brush set or something spa-related, maybe a bath/shower item? A nice scrubby soap would be a good change of pace for my dry winter legs. http://www.sephora.com/seaberry-exfoliating-soap-P374544?skuId=1439777

I am hoping the food is Valentine's Day themed. Gourmet chocolate bars, pink and red gummies or truffles would be great. A mini fondue set would be cute too although I think that might not fit in the outer box.

I would really like to see a home item in this box. A room or linen spray would be nice, or a wax warmer with a coupon for free wax melts. A fancy pen for writing valentines would be one of those things from PopSugar I would cherish even though I'd never buy it for myself. http://www.katespade.com/To-do-List-Ball-Point-Pen/133745,en_US,pd.html

Wait. I just read on the Glossybox instagram that February is NOT sold out, it starts selling on the 1st!

*Don't mind me, I'm losing my marbles!*[/quote

lmao glossy box January is now sold out.. how weird I received the email right after I read this]

Three words: Chocolate Covered Strawberries

They could give us a gift card to one of the dozens of places that will deliver those, or they could give us a kit to make our own (Bring your own berries) OR they could give us a chocolate strawberry flavored tea. The David's Tea Love #7 is a personal favorite.

And for the love of all that is holy, a piece of bling.

I didn't realize that the gift orders are now recurring charges. I ordered a second Jan box at half off. I was going to cancel my 2nd Feb box, however I'm considering holding on to it since it is sold out now. I often love the PS items enough to want 2 and the other stuff will be more swappable since the box is sold out. But if its a time sensitive item like movie tickets or something then it might be a waste of $40. What do you guys think. Keep 2nd Feb box or cancel?

Back