PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think technically the Jan code was supposed to be for new subs, not for a gift box.  But it seems weird that if that was the case, they would let you check gift box and then keep you subscribed.  It should have just not let the code work with the gift box checked. 

If money isn't tight, I'd keep it.  I have definitely wished I had 2 of the last 4 boxes, plus I'm guessing that if it's sold out it will trade well.

I personally think $40 is also too much to spend on a box of unknowns...  but I got the black friday deal so the 6 month sub is a more reasonable price.... and so far, the nov, dec and Jan box got items that I ended up using quite often....so its all good to me...  once my 6 month is up I will probably have to do the sub unsub by promo code game or I may just be over Pop sugar or I may just wait for a good friday deal again....  I am expecting a baby girl..   so money can be a bit tight now, at the same time, i'd like to think with a baby girl..  this monthly treat will now REALLY be a treat for me! 
Congratulations, Jaly!!!! 

It is so important to treat yourself when you are expecting and when you are a mom.  In fact, I think moms often focus so much on their kids that they put themselves last.  In reality, taking a little break once in a while or treating yourself to a small indulgence can actually help you be a better, less-stressed parent.  :flowers:   I hope you receive some really nice boxes for the remainder of your sub!  Cheers!

I felt this way and was going to cancel. I was the queen of signing up and canceling and re-signing up with a $10 off coupon. But when they had the 6 month Black Friday deal for $139 - I jumped on it. It brought the monthly price down to a bit under $23.50 a month which I was able to justify. Much more palatable than $39.99 a month. We are fine $$-wise but I have trouble justifying spending what I kind of consider frivolous $$$ on myself - especially since we are working on adopting a teen from foster care. But I figured she will probably like some of the goodies too so I was able to totally justify that 6 month sub lol lol
@@roohound, best wishes on the adoption!  I'm sure she'll love to share your treats with you - I share things from my subs with my daughter and she loves it. 

I think technically the Jan code was supposed to be for new subs, not for a gift box.  But it seems weird that if that was the case, they would let you check gift box and then keep you subscribed.  It should have just not let the code work with the gift box checked. 

If money isn't tight, I'd keep it.  I have definitely wished I had 2 of the last 4 boxes, plus I'm guessing that if it's sold out it will trade well.
Most of the codes they put out state for new subs only, but they always work on gift box orders too.  

I have to make a decision whether to cancel or not. I am on the no-buy, so I should cancel. But I am still kicking myself for not getting the Target collab, so there is that. 

I have to make a decision whether to cancel or not. I am on the no-buy, so I should cancel. But I am still kicking myself for not getting the Target collab, so there is that.
If you can afford it, don't cancel. I really regret not getting that Target box too. But since you didnt get that on, consider yourself having saved $25. (Sorry, this is so unhelpful financially, but a girl deserves to treat herself.) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't realize that the gift orders are now recurring charges. I ordered a second Jan box at half off. I was going to cancel my 2nd Feb box, however I'm considering holding on to it since it is sold out now. I often love the PS items enough to want 2 and the other stuff will be more swappable since the box is sold out. But if its a time sensitive item like movie tickets or something then it might be a waste of $40. What do you guys think. Keep 2nd Feb box or cancel?
totally depends. like, a lot of people like a few of the last boxes. but they also like they at discounted prices. would they like them as much at full price?  sort of need to look at it like that.  and how you feel about your personal finances.  think the cancellation needs to happen today (tomorrow is cutoff but who knows if they mean BEFORE 23rd). 

Blerg.  I used the 50% off code for Jan, and canceled last week for Feb (never paying full price for a month again) and now it lists a pending charge for February on my account page.  Is this normal?  I really don't want to go through the hassle of emailing them - they NEVER reply to me!  I'm still waiting on a reply to about 6 emails about a broken item in my Oct box...not holding my breath on that one.

Weird that they took the link down.  I emailed them about it with a link to my blog, a description of it and my audience, and my address, and I got the following response:

"Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  We have passed your information along to our team and someone will contact you should they decide to move forward. 

Cheers, POPSUGAR Support"

Weird that they took the link down.  I emailed them about it with a link to my blog, a description of it and my audience, and my address, and I got the following response:

"Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  We have passed your information along to our team and someone will contact you should they decide to move forward. 

Cheers, POPSUGAR Support"
what was the info? were they offering bloggers something? personally i hate it when bloggers "spoil" the contents before we get them. i hope they aren't doing the "leaked" approach again. 

It was a weird post to begin with.  It was in the Pets section and was a basic blurb.  Maybe 7 sentences.  It was written by someone who had only 4 posts to her name so I don't know what was going on with it.

I went to the "Select" section and entered in my blog info and hit Send.  I think I've done that before but never got a response.  We'll see.  I did see some MuT girls in their blog roll though :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@roohound congrats on your adoption! I adopted my daughter who will be two in March! i think i have created a sub box monster! when ever my boxes come in she runs over and parks herself next to me as i open it. then ooohhhs and ahhhs over everything i take out. i got her a subscription to Bluum Box just so she would stop stealing my stuff, she's hilarious running around the house in popsugar scarves!

I was kind of grumbley about the tattoos last month, but I took them out to a birthday party last night and they were actually pretty fun! They ended up looking festive. It's less than a day later and I am already seeing some wear, but it looks okay that way somehow and I'm not sure I would want it to last too long anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping the Feb boxes aren't really sold out & that the wait list will open up for those that still really want one. I'm also hoping for some pretty jewelry or a fancy pen!

Back