PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok do did anyone see the 38 genius beauty launches you need to know this year on yahoo via popsugar? i looked at it and if we got even HALF of what was on that "must have" list we would be sitting pretty! 

That Lorac unzipped looks amazing.

I missed 2 months (October & November) so I swapped for the sorial wallet/purse and omg I love it so much. it keeps me from carrying more than I need which is great on my back and shoulders. I wish I could get the rest of my life down to the necessities like this.

I find it very odd that in a 24 hour period:

1. A number of posters in here thought their gift order boxes turned into auto renews.

2. A number of posts went up to encourage people to go into their accounts pronto and cancel.

3. All the while Popsugar February Box sold out. So fast (curiously almost as quickly as the Target/popsugar box).

I was not able to purchase a February box in time, fleetingly I was a tiny bit sad.... But happy now that I have the money to try a new box! "Little Lace Box" is Looking better than popsugar.

1. At the same cost (bloggers can hook you up with a discount).

2. They don't use "SmartPost/slowpost.

3. You can skip a box if the theme curiation doesn't sound like it is for you, even if you buy a yearly sub from them, and they'll extend out a month.......They have a smok'in deal on a year's membership right now.

4. They give you points for buying boxes and doing reviews on the products you get from them and you use the points to go shopping in their online store.

5. Love the curation of their past boxes!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very odd that in a 24 hour period:

1. A number of posters in here thought their gift order boxes turned into auto renews.

2. A number of posts went up to encourage people to go into their accounts pronto and cancel.

3. All the while Popsugar February Box sold out. So fast (curiously almost as quickly as the Target/popsugar box).
EDIT:

OH HAI EVERYONE.  I just deleted a pre-coffee rant because it was probably uncalled for and because I was under the impression that people only THOUGHT that it was being renewed but that it really wasn't.  I am still a little salty that sometimes rules change because policies are abused, but after re-reading what aweheck was saying and going back through the thread, it's clear that PSMH has in fact pulled some shenanigans.  I go back to my original position that if the coupon was only meant for a new monthly sub (which it was), then they should have set it up to not work when people marked it as a gift.  Especially when marking as a gift didn't result in renewing the month before.  I do still love PSMH but that's a no-no.  I HAVE HAD MY COFFEE AM ALL BETTER NOW :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have 2 accounts for Popsugar. One is a monthly sub so I always get a box.  The other is for when a really good spoiler comes out and I want an extra.  I was very thankful to the MUT community for pointing out that the recent promo resulted in a renewing subscription even when given as a gift.   It reminded me to go into my account and cancel.  You guys are the best!

I was not able to purchase a February box in time, fleetingly I was a tiny bit sad.... But happy now that I have the money to try a new box! "Little Lace Box" is Looking better than popsugar.

1. At the same cost (bloggers can hook you up with a discount).

2. They don't use "SmartPost/slowpost.

3. You can skip a box if the theme curiation doesn't sound like it is for you, even if you buy a yearly sub from them, and they'll extend out a month.......They have a smok'in deal on a year's membership right now.

4. They give you points for buying boxes and doing reviews on the products you get from them and you use the points to go shopping in their online store.

5. Love the curation of their past boxes!
I got my first LLB and love it, but I don't think it would replace popsugar for me. LLB is more theme based, whereas PS is more seasonal/general. PS has broader appeal, LLB is more niche. PS is far more professional in their branding, communication, etc. But LLB has more creativity and ideas you don't see in other subs, and their shipping is fantastic. I'm keeping both for now. 

I'm really wondering what will be in the box this month. I'm on a low-spend so I'd love movie tickets to 50 Shades, and a free soundtrack download. The music is really being touted on all the fashion magazine sites.

Some sweet little heart earrings from gorjana. A satin sleep mask. And a candle.

And as a treat, chocolate covered dried strawberries.

A perfect Valentine for me! <3

EDIT:

OH HAI EVERYONE.  I just deleted a pre-coffee rant because it was probably uncalled for and because I was under the impression that people only THOUGHT that it was being renewed but that it really wasn't.  I am still a little salty that sometimes rules change because policies are abused, but after re-reading what aweheck was saying and going back through the thread, it's clear that PSMH has in fact pulled some shenanigans.  I go back to my original position that if the coupon was only meant for a new monthly sub (which it was), then they should have set it up to not work when people marked it as a gift.  Especially when marking as a gift didn't result in renewing the month before.  I do still love PSMH but that's a no-no.  I HAVE HAD MY COFFEE AM ALL BETTER NOW :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The discount promo codes almost always state that it is good for new monthly subscription customers only.  They've always worked on "gift" boxes with no recurring subscription, and almost always work for people that are not new customers.  It is PopSugar's fault because they don't program them right, on the old site and this new one.  Most customers are going to try using discount codes if it saves them a few bucks.  It isn't our fault if PopSugar continuously lets us use them.  They know how to stop it if they wanted to.  They don't, yet, so whatever, as a customer I wouldn't feel guilty etc.  If they work, they work.  

I have 2 accounts for Popsugar. One is a monthly sub so I always get a box.  The other is for when a really good spoiler comes out and I want an extra.  I was very thankful to the MUT community for pointing out that the recent promo resulted in a renewing subscription even when given as a gift.   It reminded me to go into my account and cancel.  You guys are the best!
The recent promo did not auto sign up a regular subscription for everybody that chose a "gift" option.  I chose a gift box, mine still says it isn't auto renewing.  

It is kind of confusing to read their new layout of orders.  And each gift box order says an option to cancel subscription.  All my past 5 or 6 gift boxes now say that option still.  There is no sub to cancel though, and I've never been auto renewed.  

I think there is just confusion and panic on several cases, and PopSugar lying about auto renew to some fueling it.  Is everybody who thought they ordered a gift box 100% sure they had it checked when they checked out--for those who think they're being auto renewed/maybe really showing an auto renew?  Could you have clicked it and it went through as two clicks that ended up un-checking the box without you noticing it?  If not, and you are sure you ordered a gift box option, and are actually being auto renewed for sure..then PopSugar is pulling different things on different accounts, because it isn't happening to everybody.  And again, if your ordered a gift option, and your order says "NA" under next payment, you are NOT auto renewed and will not get the next box.  

I used the promo to get my box at 50% off, and I checked the gift box.  On my account page FEB is listed as my next shipment, and had n/a listed as my next payment.  After reading the comments on here about a possible auto-renew, I hit the cancel button.  I got the confirmation email stating I cancelled, and on my account page, the "my next shipment" changed from Feb to n/a.  I got my January box no problem. 

I don't know anything about the giftbox debacle or play sub/unsub with any of my boxes, aside from birchbox occasionally. I rarely if ever log into my PS account.

Anyway, it's cool you found new box sub that you like better than PS, we'll all be over here discussing PS boxes in the PS thread.  

I don't know about you guys, but I am REALLY EXCITED to see what is in this box.  I wonder if PS is still giving promo boxes to bloggers early in the month, or if that was just when they were trying to get more subscribers?

I don't know about you guys, but I am REALLY EXCITED to see what is in this box.  I wonder if PS is still giving promo boxes to bloggers early in the month, or if that was just when they were trying to get more subscribers?
hope not. it spoils it for their real subscribers.

I tried to go a few months spoiler-free, but I found I didn't enjoy the experience as much. It's kind of fun to check this board and blogs and look for spoilers. I love hearing what other people think of spoilers (and of course what they think when they get the box.) Many times I have been dissappointed by an item and someone on here has made me see the item from a different perspective and I've ended up loving it.

I'm a blogger AND a "real subscriber" and I have no problem seeing spoilers! That's why most of us are here, I'm think! LOL

Like people have mentioned- I like seeing the stuff early and having my first impressions. I like hearing what other people think of the stuff too. Then when I get my box, it's still just as fun, and Since I've already gotten past my original first impressions, I'm able to sometimes really appreciate things that I may not have liked off the bat. Perfect example is the hat in January's box. If I had opened the box spoiler-free I would have groaned at the hat, but it ended up being one of the things I was most excited for once I saw some people's thoughts/opinions on it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Long story short: Love spoilers. Love reading people's opinions on all the goodies each month! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Why is PopSugar having sponsored facebook ads for sending a Valentine's box if the February box is sold out? Sounds suspicious.

Back