PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes.

I have been in private communication with several admins including Reija and OpheliaDiFranco about this. Some excerpts from our conversations:

Reija said: "Thank you for asking. It's actually against the rules. You can list the items in the Buy Sell Trade area. You can add your ebay link to your signature but you can't ask people to visit the store. Hope this helps!"

Later, OpheliaDiFranco PMed me about it, and I told her that I had already been talked to by Reija. I made the change as requested by Reija (by adding my link to my signature) and then asked: Do I have the ability to remove the post I made in the PSMH forum since it is against the rules, or is that the job of an admin? Thanks!

OpheliaDiFranco's response: IT would be the responsibility of the admin, but it doesn't really need to be removed.  This was just an FYI really.  If it was a purposeful violation, then it would be removed.  (There's a huge difference between not knowing what the rules are, and knowing the rules and still breaking them:) I didn't know if Reija sent you an e mail.  I saw that she responded in the thread so I just wanted to follow up with more info.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@TooMuchElectric - to what I can tell, as a general user, I do not have the ability to delete my own posts. Please advise if this is incorrect and I need to adjust something in my settings to be able to delete it. I'm confused to the rules as I'm getting conflicting information from various admins in the Private Message setting. Thanks for clarifying!
I didn't intend for it to sound like a dig at you, you sound like you're trying to be helpful and follow the rules as you understand them. Before the mod team resigned this weekend due to poor treatment by the site's owners, Director and Reija, mods would respond politely in-thread, directing people to the appropriate forum, and remove the swap-related info from people's posts. This is a mistake that users make frequently (swaps and sales where they don't belong), so we know how it's dealt with. Reija's response makes it look like she's attempting to do the mods' job but doesn't know how to use their tools. Without a staff, the site is quickly getting sloppy and unmoderated.

Also, users do NOT have the ability to delete their own posts. They can edit their own posts for about 24 hours after it's been posted. The edit button is right next to the quote buttons on each post.

I'm dying for spoilers!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me too!

My popsugar status also changed to pending.  I think I will get it next week perhaps....  for my last 3 boxes, by the time I get the shipping email it's already been shipped and got to me within a week (or a few days since I happen to live in northern Cali)

I wonder why there haven't been any spoiler and pop sugar is so hush hush about it...

from the 2014 and 2013 february box, it seemed that historically February is a bad box month... so I wonder if that is why its already 'sold out' b/c pop sugar got enough products to satisfy the current subscriber and just call it a day....

crappy box > might as well not promote it > no spoiler > promote march box.

Or they found an AMAZING product that EVERYONE is sure to love but could only get a small quantity, so they decided not to promote it because they didn't have that many boxes to sell.

(Lol- wishful thinking, of course.)

Me too!

My popsugar status also changed to pending. I think I will get it next week perhaps.... for my last 3 boxes, by the time I get the shipping email it's already been shipped and got to me within a week (or a few days since I happen to live in northern Cali)

I wonder why there haven't been any spoiler and pop sugar is so hush hush about it...

from the 2014 and 2013 february box, it seemed that historically February is a bad box month... so I wonder if that is why its already 'sold out' b/c pop sugar got enough products to satisfy the current subscriber and just call it a day....

crappy box > might as well not promote it > no spoiler > promote march box.

Or they found an AMAZING product that EVERYONE is sure to love but could only get a small quantity, so they decided not to promote it because they didn't have that many boxes to sell.

(Lol- wishful thinking, of course.)
I sure hope you are right!!!!  This no spoiler thing is so hard!!!!  make my work day drag on like eternityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

For those who liked the G.H. Creators chicago mix popcorn from a few months back, they are now selling it a Costco. I got a huge bag for $6. Yummy!

I became addicted to that darned Chicago corn and my Costco was carrying it. They stopped carrying it right after Thanksgiving :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've had to resort to buying a case's worth from Amazon - but the Costco deal was so much better.

I really hope the don't have a meh February box. It seems like they've been trying toget folks excited about PSMH again after it seems like many were getting kind of irritated with them. And let's be honest now - they have a lot of competition now. They really do need to step it up to keep our interest. And maybe they're doing that by having the Feb box sell out so early and get people thinking, man, I need to subscribe so I don't miss out again.

Fingers crossed for a fab Feb box!

I think that's spot on. Seems like there wasn't time to blink before the special edition Target box sold out.

Considering you can STILL buy the NM/Popsugar box via neimanmarcus.com, I think they're trying to reclaim that sense of urgency we all used to feel when debating a limited edition box or deciding whether or not to subscribe to a particular month.

Smart, IMHO.

I became addicted to that darned Chicago corn and my Costco was carrying it. They stopped carrying it right after Thanksgiving :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've had to resort to buying a case's worth from Amazon - but the Costco deal was so much better.

I really hope the don't have a meh February box. It seems like they've been trying toget folks excited about PSMH again after it seems like many were getting kind of irritated with them. And let's be honest now - they have a lot of competition now. They really do need to step it up to keep our interest. And maybe they're doing that by having the Feb box sell out so early and get people thinking, man, I need to subscribe so I don't miss out again.

Fingers crossed for a fab Feb box!

Has anyone seen shipping details in fedex yet? Usually by now there is at least a label created! I really wonder how long until we see spoilers!

My local grocery store sells the popcorn too!  The bags are huge!

I was thinking we'd see spoilers by the end of the week but I think they won't ship until this weekend or early next week.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Regarding the lack of spoilers...you guys are forgetting that it used to be super abnormal to have any PSMH spoilers before people started getting the box - I can only think of a couple of times PSMH released one, and it was when they still had boxes left and were trying to sell out, like when they released a pic of the March ikat scarf.  The only reason we have been getting them the past few months is because PSMH was sending them to bloggers early in the month and because PSMH made a ton of extra Dec and Jan boxes to bring in new subscribers.  They are fully subscribed right now so I don't expect any spoilers.  I feel like we are in "business as usual" PSMH mode. 

Regarding the lack of spoilers...you guys are forgetting that it used to be super abnormal to have any PSMH spoilers before people started getting the box - I can only think of a couple of times PSMH released one, and it was when they still had boxes left and were trying to sell out, like when they released a pic of the March ikat scarf.  The only reason we have been getting them the past few months is because PSMH was sending them to bloggers early in the month and because PSMH made a ton of extra Dec and Jan boxes to bring in new subscribers.  They are fully subscribed right now so I don't expect any spoilers.  I feel like we are in "business as usual" PSMH mode. 
Yeah I've subbed for a while but with the newer "let's send bloggers boxes early" thing they've been doing lately I don't feel like they'd suddenly stop that, for whatever reason.  Which is why I was thinking we'd see some spoilers early due to their unboxings.

I think the "sold out" status of the Feb box has more to do with meeting an early ship deadline.

World Market sells the popcorn...it's either $1.99 or $2.99 for a bag...can't remember, but I remember I was surprised it wasn't more when I bought like the entire shelf of bags  :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They also had a couple other flavors.

I want spoilers!!! Last month mine was shipped on the 6th and I received it on the 8th. I'm guessing I'll have it in my hot little hands by Monday. My fingers are crossed for a great little box this month! 

Latest posts

Back