POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love more home items, bakery items (no generic chocolate), workout gear (maybe something to hold an iPhone or keys), a nice facial cleanser, and a fiction book.

Wish list: Workout stuff: a resistance band, yoga mat, water bottle with filter, or a Zumba DVD would all be totally acceptable fitness items for me. Please no DVDs that are too difficult to complete...that chair workout was awful. I was so afraid of tipping the chair over the whole time. Media: I would be happy with a book or movie tickets, but nothing too vapid. I want something that isn't too intense or taxing (I can't imagine PS sending out something like that anyway), but still has a good storyline. This is more tech than media, but I would really appreciate a pair of touch screen gloves. Organization: I would love an alarm clock. Please, PopSugar, send me an amazing alarm clock! I would also love a Quirky pen zen or a fun page a day calendar. Food: Something savory would be nice, but no matter what please no protein bars/shakes for January just because it's the new year. Other: this is a weird request but I would love it if PS would send an air freshener for the car or a fancy room/sheet spray. A nice neutral wallet with lots of slots for cards would be great too. I would also enjoy an umbrella but I realize that this has geographic limitations. That's all I can think of for now! If I could get even one of my wishes answered I would be so happy! That is probably a sign that I should take my $30 elsewhere, but I prepaid for a sub and I am just too addicted to be logical about this stuff. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wish list:

Workout stuff: a resistance band, yoga mat, water bottle with filter, or a Zumba DVD would all be totally acceptable fitness items for me. Please no DVDs that are too difficult to complete...that chair workout was awful. I was so afraid of tipping the chair over the whole time.

Media: I would be happy with a book or movie tickets, but nothing too vapid. I want something that isn't too intense or taxing (I can't imagine PS sending out something like that anyway), but still has a good storyline. This is more tech than media, but I would really appreciate a pair of touch screen gloves.

Organization: I would love an alarm clock. Please, PopSugar, send me an amazing alarm clock! I would also love a Quirky pen zen or a fun page a day calendar.

Food: Something savory would be nice, but no matter what please no protein bars/shakes for January just because it's the new year.

Other: this is a weird request but I would love it if PS would send an air freshener for the car or a fancy room/sheet spray. A nice neutral wallet with lots of slots for cards would be great too. I would also enjoy an umbrella but I realize that this has geographic limitations.

That's all I can think of for now! If I could get even one of my wishes answered I would be so happy! That is probably a sign that I should take my $30 elsewhere, but I prepaid for a sub and I am just too addicted to be logical about this stuff.
smile.gif

I love the idea of a water bottle with filter.

Oh and I would think an umbrella would be perfect! It surely rains in most places, right? Probably more geographically appropriate than gloves, hats or other warm weather gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by Soanders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love all these ideas! I'm also hoping for:

-A letter-pressed calendar

-A book/pair of movie tickets

-Coffee cup/travel mug (I've been hoping for this since September haha)

-Hot chocolate and a mini bottle of Bailey's or butterscotch schnapps (highly doubt they'd be able to do the alcohol, but a girl can wish, right?)

-Slippers or boot socks

-Throw blanket
Love this list...I would use everything, especially love the boot socks.  Although I love in a pretty rural area and would have to likely travel an hour +  to use the movie tickets, they would definitely get used!  I know workout stuff is popular, but I will never use it..a nice workout bag or water bottle yes, but no dvd's please.

Wish list:

Workout stuff: a resistance band, yoga mat, water bottle with filter, or a Zumba DVD would all be totally acceptable fitness items for me. Please no DVDs that are too difficult to complete...that chair workout was awful. I was so afraid of tipping the chair over the whole time.

Media: I would be happy with a book or movie tickets, but nothing too vapid. I want something that isn't too intense or taxing (I can't imagine PS sending out something like that anyway), but still has a good storyline. This is more tech than media, but I would really appreciate a pair of touch screen gloves.

Organization: I would love an alarm clock. Please, PopSugar, send me an amazing alarm clock! I would also love a Quirky pen zen or a fun page a day calendar.

Food: Something savory would be nice, but no matter what please no protein bars/shakes for January just because it's the new year.

Other: this is a weird request but I would love it if PS would send an air freshener for the car or a fancy room/sheet spray. A nice neutral wallet with lots of slots for cards would be great too. I would also enjoy an umbrella but I realize that this has geographic limitations.

That's all I can think of for now! If I could get even one of my wishes answered I would be so happy! That is probably a sign that I should take my $30 elsewhere, but I prepaid for a sub and I am just too addicted to be logical about this stuff.
smile.gif

I really, really despise most "work out gear" as I live on the 3rd floor of a very old apartment and my big butt trying to exercise literally will shake the entire house. It's the gym or nothng for me! I have a Yoga mat already and Idk how the heck they'd fit one in a box, haha, but i'd be fine with another one! Also the water bottle/filter is a great idea.

Also, I could totally get down with a cute alarm clock because I never hear my phone alarm! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A wallet would be awesome! Wallets are always included in men's boxes like women don't carry them too! Car freshener and sheet spray sounds awesome. I love "good smelling" things!

Sheet sprays are the best because they're usually formulated with a powder of some sort that keeps your sheets dry and fresh. I think it would be a great summer item but I would love it in January too!

Wish list:

smile.gif

I'd love to get a Zumba DVD or a water bottle with a filter as well! :)

a travel coffee mug would be awesome. I love the contigo ones 1) It doesn't have an open top so it can't spill 2) you can open it up really easily with one hand 3) my two year old hasn't figured out that you just push it. I get the water bottles and coffee mugs, but I could always use more

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Brooches. I wish they’d come back in style – they’re fun to pin on a coat collar in winter, and no worries about sizing. 

Do you ever wear them? Can you give me ideas for wearing them? I keep getting really pretty ones as gifts and have no idea what to do with them, lol.

THere isn't much they could send me that would disappoint me, at this point!

I would love something cute for the home, something warm and fuzzy, and something yoga related. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  THere isn't much they could send me that wouldn't disappoint me, at this point!

I would love something cute for the home, something warm and fuzzy, and something yoga related. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There, fixed it to represent my position on the PS boxes lately, haha!

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  THere isn't much they could send me that wouldn't disappoint me, at this point!

There, fixed it to represent my position on the PS boxes lately, haha!

haha! I've liked the boxes lately...but I'm just kind of in this "ooh, I like everything" phase....happens in the winter when everything except for material goods are depressing to me. haha!

I still haven't received my December box, and no one at PopSugar will respond to my e-mails. I got tracking information on 12/8, It left California on 12/8, and then the tracking stopped updating. FedEx didn't return my e-mails so I called and they said to contact PopSugar. PopSugar won't respond. It's been almost 9 days since I got my tracking. It should either be here by now, or at least have had the tracking update....

December was my first box with PopSugar and I'm really concerned that they haven't responded to my facebook messages, OR my direct e-mails. Not a very good first impression. I hope I hear from them tomorrow, because I'd really like to continue and get a January box!

I think they should do a best of 2013 box for January. Send an email survey to subscribers asking what their favorite food, home decor, beauty and jewelry/ accessory items were in 2013 & put together a box with those type of items. My choices would be cookie chips (a large bag, not small like the last one), a diffuser (because I can never have enough), an eyeshadow palette (Naked 3) & a scarf (of course). That would never happen but I can dream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MelissaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they should do a best of 2013 box for January. Send an email survey to subscribers asking what their favorite food, home decor, beauty and jewelry/ accessory items were in 2013 & put together a box with those type of items.

My choices would be cookie chips (a large bag, not small like the last one), a diffuser (because I can never have enough), an eyeshadow palette (Naked 3) & a scarf (of course).

That would never happen but I can dream
smile.gif

I would absolutely love that, too! Especially the large bag of cookie chips. Those were delicious.

Quote: Originally Posted by MelissaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they should do a best of 2013 box for January. Send an email survey to subscribers asking what their favorite food, home decor, beauty and jewelry/ accessory items were in 2013 & put together a box with those type of items.

My choices would be cookie chips (a large bag, not small like the last one), a diffuser (because I can never have enough), an eyeshadow palette (Naked 3) & a scarf (of course).

That would never happen but I can dream
smile.gif

I think in general they should send a survey out like that. It's obvious by last month's thread and on the PSMH facebook, people were VERY unhappy with December and not impressed with November (although I thought that one was cute). If they sent out a survey in January that we could express our opinions and/or maybe even check boxes next to the items we liked/didn't like from each box last year so that they can get a better idea of what their customer base is looking for in the boxes, which would then make it easier for them to reach out to brand partners etc.

So as much as I feel like PopSugar has a lot to work on, I am pretty happy with their customer service right now. As I said above, my tracking was sent to me over a week ago and hasn't updated since it left California. I finally got in touch with a FedEx person and they basically said, "yea it can take 21 days for a smartpost package to arrive to you" and then went on to basically tell me "too bad get over it and wait for your package." All I was looking for was some sort of update as to where it is since I know it wouldn't go directly from CA to RI. I contacted PopSugar about this and they said they'd ship me a new box express mail, and apologized for the ridiculous shipping time.

They should consider not using Smartpost...but I am really happy that they were so generous!

Back