POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyleyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  new coupon 3 months for price of 2 with code 3for2...
I assume it's for new subs only

I am looking forward to the January box and am hoping it's more unique than December's.  I would love to get some new products that just cam out.

Here are some of my wishes for January's box:

gourmet marshmallows in unique flavors for hot chocolate

tech gloves

foldover gloves/mittens and hat

microwavable heat wrap for post-sledding, ice skating, snowboarding  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

paraffin hand or foot lotion

spray-on lotion 

gray nail polish

(like others have said) new fiction book

linen spray

home decor--maybe a cute bowl or pen holder

Fingers crossed that more of us like January's box, ladies!!

December's box was my first and I was fairly certain it'd be my last, but I figured I'd give it one more shot. So crossing my fingers that this is a good one! I'd love a New Years resolution themed box! Something to get organized (planner, calendar, stationary, etc.), a healthy snack, a nice book, cute warm headband for being outside, a nice water bottle, and maybe something to pamper ourselves with! 

I was able to re-subscribe for 3 months starting in January with that code.. I had cancelled after the December box

I am kind of annoyed that they hiked the price up yet have been offering all these coupons (plus the Baublebar bonus). I paid $31ish when the price increase was about to go into effect, and now people can get these boxes for $27ish each. I feel like I invested in them in advance and then they turned around and offered deals to those that didn't. Kind of a crappy way to do business in my opinion. I think coupon codes are great for people that are able to use them...I just feel like a sucker for paying for so many months all at once when I definitely didn't need to. Part of me wonders if they needed more money to keep standards the same, how are they able to offer deals that are better than the previous rates? I am sure it is an attempt to expand the subscriber base (if new people subscribe under a deal they might stay on for full price after). Maybe PS is having a harder time than they thought keeping subscribers after the price hike?

I think they lost so many subscribers from that awful December box that they had to offer something really good to get people back. I'm thinking it probably worked.

I am kind of annoyed that they hiked the price up yet have been offering all these coupons (plus the Baublebar bonus). I paid $31ish when the price increase was about to go into effect, and now people can get these boxes for $27ish each. I feel like I invested in them in advance and then they turned around and offered deals to those that didn't. Kind of a crappy way to do business in my opinion. I think coupon codes are great for people that are able to use them...I just feel like a sucker for paying for so many months all at once when I definitely didn't need to. Part of me wonders if they needed more money to keep standards the same, how are they able to offer deals that are better than the previous rates? I am sure it is an attempt to expand the subscriber base (if new people subscribe under a deal they might stay on for full price after). Maybe PS is having a harder time than they thought keeping subscribers after the price hike?
Yes! The codes should at least work to extend existing subs!!!!!

On a more positive note: my cat immediately claimed that string in the December box that came with the wrapping paper as his. He has been dragging it around with him. He will drag it upstairs into my bed every night and every morning he drags it downstairs. If I pull it behind me he will chase it and eventually grab onto it with his mouth (that is how he likes to carry it into my bed too) and he lets me lead him around like a horse or something. It's pretty cute. Who knew my favorite from that box would be that plain boring string!

On a more positive note: my cat immediately claimed that string in the December box that came with the wrapping paper as his. He has been dragging it around with him. He will drag it upstairs into my bed every night and every morning he drags it downstairs. If I pull it behind me he will chase it and eventually grab onto it with his mouth (that is how he likes to carry it into my bed too) and he lets me lead him around like a horse or something. It's pretty cute. Who knew my favorite from that box would be that plain boring string!
That is adorable!

I did a box over the summer (september, i believe) and loved my box, but cancelled it because i have sub-box ADD and want to try every one of them. I re-subscribed in December and wasn't as disappointed as some, because I got the Bauble Bar necklace and to me, it was worth the $$$$ just for the necklace.
I *WANT* to continue in January however, am I the only one that's extremely off-put by the fact they haven't even addressed the negative complaints on Facebook? I work in Social Media so I know that sometimes you can't respond to customers right away. You have to go through PR, a supervisor, legal, etc to get a response approved. But come, on. It's been a few weeks since those complaints started appearing and *crickets* Do they want me to come and work for them and fix this fiasco?? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Even though there's no good way to address so many unhappy customers, I wish they'd at least come out and say the concerns were heard and they hope to make everyone happy with the next box. I dunno...

I was suckered in by the 3for2 deal because this has to be the best deal they've come out with since they've started... IIRC. I've been following this subscription box for a while but December was my first box because I thought it would be the most amazing month to try (and because the Black Friday code helped with its discount). But I found myself disappointed with what arrived in my box (I mean, Ghirardelli? That's not really high-end chocolate by any means. Wrapping paper? That wouldn't really work for the people who ended up getting their boxes super late) even though I did end up using or trading away all of the items.

I really hope that Popsugar doesn't use this 3for2 deal to draw in a huge crowd of customers for three months to offset (what seems to be) the large amount of customers they lost after this December and end up giving us three crappy boxes. :/ 

So, has anyone checked if their January box has been initiated?  We are nearing the end of the month...

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Even though there's no good way to address so many unhappy customers, I wish they'd at least come out and say the concerns were heard and they hope to make everyone happy with the next box. I dunno...
I couldn't agree more. Granted, I had an issue with my box not arriving and they sent me another one no questions asked. The issue I have with them is that I am used to being able to communicate with companies through facebook, and I feel like they do not run their facebook properly. It always seems weird and quiet, as if no one in particular is running it and like it's more of an after-thought. Not a lot of customers engage on their facebook and if they do, it's an unanswered complaint. While their customer service is excellent, I'd like to see them be more interactive with their subscribers, Like Birchbox and Ipsy are.

Honestly, I've used pretty much everything from the last box, with the exception of the mascara. The paper wrapped my husband's presents, I've worn the bracelet every day, I gave my husband the pistachio caramel corn as a stocking stuffer, which he loved, we ate one bag of Ghirardelli squares and gave another to a friend, we used the flutes on Christmas eve (will do so again on New Year's) and the nail wraps are going strong after 4 days. I tend to ask myself "would I spend $40 on these items?" and the answer was yes, I'd spend $20 on the bracelet, $10 on the flutes, and $10 on the Christmas nail wraps, with the rest as a great bonus.

So for January, I LOVE everyone's suggestions! Here's the box I'd love:

--some kind of super indulgent spa treatment/product

--a water bottle with infuser or filter

--something cozy and warm--love the idea of a microwavable heat pad/bag. Even if you live in a warm climate they're good if you have cramps or a muscle ache. 

--highlighter or brow product

--bright colored cushy gym socks

--some cute office supplies, like colorful clips or post-its. I know that's boring, but my office has no window and could use some cheering up.

--Music download or book download

oh, and let's not forget:

--a neon rubber LED-flashing giant watch.

I just signed up with the promo code as well. I kept wanting to sign up but backing out cause of the price. Hopefully January is a good box!

Back