POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MelissaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they should do a best of 2013 box for January. Send an email survey to subscribers asking what their favorite food, home decor, beauty and jewelry/ accessory items were in 2013 & put together a box with those type of items.

My choices would be cookie chips (a large bag, not small like the last one), a diffuser (because I can never have enough), an eyeshadow palette (Naked 3) & a scarf (of course).

That would never happen but I can dream
smile.gif

I WANT NAKED 3 SO BAD!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So as much as I feel like PopSugar has a lot to work on, I am pretty happy with their customer service right now. As I said above, my tracking was sent to me over a week ago and hasn't updated since it left California. I finally got in touch with a FedEx person and they basically said, "yea it can take 21 days for a smartpost package to arrive to you" and then went on to basically tell me "too bad get over it and wait for your package." All I was looking for was some sort of update as to where it is since I know it wouldn't go directly from CA to RI. I contacted PopSugar about this and they said they'd ship me a new box express mail, and apologized for the ridiculous shipping time.

They should consider not using Smartpost...but I am really happy that they were so generous!
That's awesome although from CA to RI I would anticipate it would take on the longer side of transit time especially during the winter holidays. Enjoy your 2 BOXES!

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's awesome although from CA to RI I would anticipate it would take on the longer side of transit time especially during the winter holidays. Enjoy your 2 BOXES!
Agreed, although my tracking said it was shipped on the 7th, and left it's origin in CA on the 8th. It's now the 19th and I haven't even received an update on the tracking. All it say is "left origin facility" and the time and date. You'd think that in 13 days there would at least be one more update to the tracking, even during a busy season! PopSugar seems to think the box is lost in the mail, which I can agree with. It was super nice of them to send me another box even though they know my other one will eventually arrive. I'll just gift one of them to a friend or give it away on my blog haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Updates....I'm a semi-new subscriber.  I have NO idea what to expect, just hoping for something totally unexpected that I love!

Quote: Originally Posted by Laurenv78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Updates....I'm a semi-new subscriber.  I have NO idea what to expect, just hoping for something totally unexpected that I love!

I think as long as you go into each month with an open mind and just viewing it as a surprise in the mail, it's fun...or at least that's been working for me, and I haven't been disappointed yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I call them my "surprise boxes" even though I totally stalk spoiler threads....I'd peek at presents if you left me alone with them too lol

I just got my PopSugar Box today, my Mailman delivered packages today..on a Sunday! =)

Anyway, mine shipped on 12/10 and barely any tracking, it came from CA and I live in MA. This was my first box..hoping next month it doesn't take as long to get here.

Quote: Originally Posted by JenMiele78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got my PopSugar Box today, my Mailman delivered packages today..on a Sunday! =)

Anyway, mine shipped on 12/10 and barely any tracking, it came from CA and I live in MA. This was my first box..hoping next month it doesn't take as long to get here.
OMG, I'm in the exact same boat. Hopefully mine will show up as well. It's so frustrating that its taking so long to arrive! 

Quote: Originally Posted by JenMiele78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That exact same thing happened to me! I live in RI right on the MA border. This was my first box too, but my tracking still hasn't updated since it left CA on the 8th. I contacted FedEx and PopSugar (mentioned this above) and they are just sending me a new one as they think my first one might be lost in the mail. So the good news is, PopSugar seems to have great customer service, and even though I have to wait a bit longer they're happily sending me another box. Very happy with that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG, I'm in the exact same boat. Hopefully mine will show up as well. It's so frustrating that its taking so long to arrive! 

If this is your first box, I've been told they have been taking extra long because first boxes take awhile in general AND it's the Christmas season. If you don't get it soon, contact PopSugar. They'll help!

This will be my 3rd box with PS and I am super excited. I wasn't thrilled with December's box (though I'm good with it now that I am using the bracelet charm on a necklace), but my Michael Stars wrap has made up for ANY disappointment about the rest of the items.

I'm hoping for some kind of warm item (socks, gloves, ear-warmer)

A cute planner (I never use these, but I like having them *just in case*

A good book

I'm new to MUT and Popsugar and I am so excited for my first box! Here's what I'm hoping to get:

-a great new fiction book

-a cute hat, gloves or ear warmer

-a fun art print

-a traveling mug

-popcorn of some sort

Even though these are some things I'm hoping for, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever! I'm just excited to get my first one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cancelled after the rate increase. Not sad that I missed out on December after seeing the items, but my mom got me a 3 month subscription for my birthday and it starts this month. I'm super pumpppppped! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by hkchaussee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-a great new fiction book

-a cute hat, gloves or ear warmer

-a fun art print

-a traveling mug

-popcorn of some sort
 All of this sounds like a great January box, I certainly hope some of this stuff is in there! I also like some of the stuff in last years Jan box. I didn't get it but saw blog posts about it.

I'm also perfectly ok with new year's resolution workout stuff as long as it is more along the lines of work out equipment (yoga mats and balls, those elastic tension bands) and not  workout dvds because I never get around to actually using them. 

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   All of this sounds like a great January box, I certainly hope some of this stuff is in there! I also like some of the stuff in last years Jan box. I didn't get it but saw blog posts about it.

I'm also perfectly ok with new year's resolution workout stuff as long as it is more along the lines of work out equipment (yoga mats and balls, those elastic tension bands) and not  workout dvds because I never get around to actually using them. 

Yea I have to agree on the workout stuff, I don't know many people that use workout DVD's anymore, and if they do, it's one that they've researched and bought on their own. But I also wish that they wouldn't assume that all of us have a resolution of losing weight just because the vast majority of their subscribers are women. They sent out fitness stuff last January, maybe if they want to stay with the resolution theme they can do a box about different resolutions like learning a new skill (maybe put in a how-to book?) or making better food choices for health not for weight loss (like adding a organic/non-gmo snack) or something like that. I feel like it's such an overdone idea to think of weight loss for the new year. As if we all don't beat ourselves up enough! Seriously I would love a box that was all about making us feel better on the inside! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yea I have to agree on the workout stuff, I don't know many people that use workout DVD's anymore, and if they do, it's one that they've researched and bought on their own. But I also wish that they wouldn't assume that all of us have a resolution of losing weight just because the vast majority of their subscribers are women. They sent out fitness stuff last January, maybe if they want to stay with the resolution theme they can do a box about different resolutions like learning a new skill (maybe put in a how-to book?) or making better food choices for health not for weight loss (like adding a organic/non-gmo snack) or something like that. I feel like it's such an overdone idea to think of weight loss for the new year. As if we all don't beat ourselves up enough! Seriously I would love a box that was all about making us feel better on the inside! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree, no workout stuff and more about eating healthier because that is something that is a bit more universal. I would love for a healthy eating cook book, but considering most people didn't like the Oct cookbook I guess that will probably be a no go.

That exact same thing happened to me! I live in RI right on the MA border. This was my first box too, but my tracking still hasn't updated since it left CA on the 8th. I contacted FedEx and PopSugar (mentioned this above) and they are just sending me a new one as they think my first one might be lost in the mail. So the good news is, PopSugar seems to have great customer service, and even though I have to wait a bit longer they're happily sending me another box. Very happy with that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If this is your first box, I've been told they have been taking extra long because first boxes take awhile in general AND it's the Christmas season. If you don't get it soon, contact PopSugar. They'll help!
Their customer service is pretty fabulous once you get someone to respond.  I had some damaged items and they promptly sent replacements.

Quote: Originally Posted by roskandy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you ever wear them? Can you give me ideas for wearing them? I keep getting really pretty ones as gifts and have no idea what to do with them, lol.
I love a brooch to dress up a coat, or to pin to a nicer shopper bag (I obviously wouldn't put expensive ones on shopper bags, just a nice way to fancy up a dull looking bag).

I think they should release a spoiler really early on. Judging from december complaints, they probably lost a decent chunk of subscribers. I was personally bummed that I missed out on workout stuff. I can never have enough and get bored doing the same stuff repeatedly. The cookbook was a big flop for me cause I don't need help in that department. A good book and throw blanket would be great, but that likely won't happen after the NM box..

Back