POPSUGAR Must Have July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been subscribed since the beginning and just signed up for another 3 months. The last few months have been great. Hopefully they'll keep up the momentum.

I would love another actual piece of jewelry. Or some sunscreen. I really liked the heather belle necklace and it's something I would have never bought for myself or even thought to get, but I love it :)

I totally agree on actually getting a piece of jewlery. These "gift cards" or whatever they're called are BS. My Gorjana&Griffin one wouldn't even work and I didn't even use the charm and chain one because everything is so pricey. If you're going to send out a coupon/gift card like that and count it as one of the items in the box at least have it be enough to cover a piece of jewlery. I already pay for PS and then they want me to use that card and dish out more money. No thanks, I'll just toss it because I already spend enough a month on subs.

Rant over. Sorry, I just had to express my frustration since I was actually going to use the GG card and get a necklace that was under $25 and then it wouldn't work! UGH

I like a mix of gift cards and actual items and I think they've done a good job mixing it up. I do however, worry about how easy it might be to "steal" other people's codes. The gift codes that they sent on both charm and Chain and Gorjana were pretty short. So if someone used their's and wanted to buy something else, what is stopping them from manipulating a few numbers until they find one that works? This happened last year during Sephora's Friend and family sale. That's also why I hate getting mine so long after everyone else's. If you use it right away, you have a better chance of getting to use it.

I'm ok with gift cards as long as they include an item with them. Like this month getting the scarf and the card is totally ok with me! I may never use the gift card, but it's nice to know that it technically doesn't count as a part of the box. :)

I absolutely love this subscription! Even though $35 might as well be $300 some months, I go for it lol Even the husband thinks of this box as a good value for the money. Tonight I was playing with my G&G scarf and I told him what the retail was on it and he asked if that's what I paid for the box. When I told him the value of all the other contents and that it was only $35, I almost glimpsed approval in his eyes lol. My favorite things I have ever gotten are the plastic wine glasses (8/2012), bodum coffee mugs (i had one arrive broken, they sent a replacement so I have 3!), the Kai oil from April, beauty blender/hat/drink mixes from May and I love everything from this months box. I even tried to kill myself doing that workout video today lmao They keep getting better, which is more than I can say for some other subs. Ipsy's brand selection has continually gone down. This sub is the only one that never fails to impress me! That being said, I'm actually going to try and be spoiler free for July....we'll see if that happens lol

hi everyone! i'm new to the subscription box world and was excited to finally pull the trigger and order the popsugar must have box. unfortunately, i just got an email saying my first box will ship in August...I was hoping to get my first box next month (July) 
frown.gif
 Did anyone else have this problem?

hi everyone! i'm new to the subscription box world and was excited to finally pull the trigger and order the popsugar must have box. unfortunately, i just got an email saying my first box will ship in August...I was hoping to get my first box next month (July) 
frown.gif
 Did anyone else have this problem?
When did you place your order?

This morning. I emailed them about a week ago asking if I could sign up to receive July and they said to wait because they were still shipping June. I'm really bummed because I won't even be in town in August which is why I was hoping I'd get the July box...

Originally Posted by nycgirl562 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This morning. I emailed them about a week ago asking if I could sign up to receive July and they said to wait because they were still shipping June. I'm really bummed because I won't even be in town in August which is why I was hoping I'd get the July box...
Wow I can't believe the July boxes sold out already! I'm sorry.

Wow I can't believe the July boxes sold out already! I'm sorry.
I can. Between the wrap in this month's box and the fact that July is their anniversary, I think there is extra heightened interest this time around. The same thing happened after September's box.

I am really bummed about this, especially because I asked them specifically when to put in an order if I wanted July. Getting a box in August is of no use to me if I am not here to enjoy it. I've asked them to push my 1st box back to September, hopefully they will agree to do that.

So sorry :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought mine on the 16th, but debated for it because I was waiting to see if they got a coupon but I went ahead and ordered because it is their anniversary box. Hopefully they can ship it out in September. Did you ask if there was any way to get the July box?

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really hoping for a huge, fantastic box for the July Anniversary
Me, too! I'm kind of hoping that the reason they're sold out already is because the box is so awesome that they could only make a few? Haha! I've got no guesses at all as to what might be in it; I never do. I just hope its good!

I missed the cutoff for the July box too. Bummed, but I should have known they'd sell out quickly. If I'm remembering correctly, the last few months they've sold out, eventually they have added more and emailed with the option to get the current month. I'm crossing my fingers.

I think when some people have signed up in the past they've been told their first box would be further out than expected, then they send an email saying that a current box has opened, would you like to get that one? It didn't happen with me, but I have seen people post about it. Watch your email!

Back