Popsugar Must Have July 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my tracking from PS & it's due to arrive next Friday- mine weighs 2.4 lbs! I'm really hoping for a high end sunscreen- I would Luv to see a full size coola in our box & of course hoping for the coveted midi ring :)
I got some midi rings in another box and was really excited, but they kept falling off. I have a pretty active job, I wonder if mine just didn't fit right or if it's the kind of thing you have to be not moving your hands around a lot to make sure they don't fall off.

I got my tracking number today, and mine weighs 2.3 lbs. It was picked up in WATSONVILLE, CA Thursday night and I expect to receive it maybe Monday/Tuesday?  I ordered mine using the REFER5 code the day the box available changed from June to July.

Hoping for spoilers!!!

So how does the referral thing work?

Do they autoship?

I reactivated my account, and it has a referral credit, but then the charge is pending on my account.

So did I not get the credit since my account was not actively subbed? Anyone know how this works?

I looked at the FAQ on popsugar and it didn't help at all.
You can get credits when u don't have an active subscription - in order to redeem your referral boxes, it must be active. If u purchase 1 box on that sub & not cancel, I think your next box will be the referral box. Ahhh shucks, looks like you HAVE to buy Augusts box..it's a great enabling tactic.. Lol!!! I'm pretty sure this is how it works, maybe send an email just to confirm .

Happy 4th Ladies!!

You can get credits when u don't have an active subscription - in order to redeem your referral boxes, it must be active. If u purchase 1 box on that sub & not cancel, I think your next box will be the referral box. Ahhh shucks, looks like you HAVE to buy Augusts box..it's a great enabling tactic.. Lol!!! I'm pretty sure this is how it works, maybe send an email just to confirm .

Happy 4th Ladies!!
Oh okay! 

Well that works! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

If you're close to TROUTDALE, OR, you may receive it Saturday!
No, I live two hours from Troutdale....... They send it "Smart Post" otherwise known as DUMB post. It will be sent up to the top of Washington State and then slowly 5 days or more make it's way back down to me. DUMB POST (it is in Troutdale at the Fedex Hub, but is then transferred to regular USPS mail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No, I live two hours from Troutdale....... They send it "Smart Post" otherwise known as DUMB post. It will be sent up to the top of Washington State and then slowly 5 days or more make it's way back down to me. DUMB POST (it is in Troutdale at the Fedex Hub, but is then transferred to regular USPS mail. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's crazy! I'm at the top of WA state and mine hasn't even initiated yet! The shipping is so weird. I'm grateful atleast that they are shipping toward the beginning of the month pretty consistently since the Resort box debacle. I only wish they had come out with a code so I could have ordered a second box.

Here's what I've noticed about the PS timeline.

They charge the first if the month. (Or the first business day of the month)

Shipping is the first Friday after the charge date. (They ship prior sometimes but I tend to get my shipping notification this day).

I got my shipping notification yesterday as well. I live in columbus ohio and it's saying an anticipated delivery of Friday the 11th.

However fedex always tacks on two days more than it seems to actually take. So I'll probably have my box Wednesday.

Lastly. I was scoping out Instagram thinking if they shipped weds maybe someone close got theirs already. I don't see much -- but when did the lulu frost bracelet come? I don't have it but I missed a few months so I'm not sure. Or is it legit from this month?

Edit::: I found it. The bracelet is from December

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my tracking from PS & it's due to arrive next Friday- mine weighs 2.4 lbs! I'm really hoping for a high end sunscreen- I would Luv to see a full size coola in our box & of course hoping for the coveted midi ring :)
I would love a full size Supergoop sunscreen oil!

I have had two referral credits, and yet popsugar charged for my July box, how can I get them to use my free box status for next month?

Are you making a joke about how we need an FAQ? Because the answer is literally right on this page, only a few posts above your question.

No the faqs request wasn't a joke, it's a reasonable request as birchbox threads have an FAQ on the first page of the thread. We're getting the same questions each month "how do I track by reference question?" Comes up every single month.

The answer is easily found I past threads with an easy search, yet it'll be asked every month on every page mostly since it's too time consuming to go search for the answer.

I'm aware how to track by reference but not everyone is, so the answer to this question and other repeated questions are easily answered by directing everyone to the first page of the thread, much like mods reference those talking of trades to the TOS and rules pages.

I have had two referral credits, and yet popsugar charged for my July box, how can I get them to use my free box status for next month?
I'm not sure. Was your account active when you got the referral credits? 

Maybe it'll use the free ones next month? I had the same thing happen. I bought a box, but I'm supposed to get a free one for a referral credit, and it still is charging me. 

No the faqs request wasn't a joke, it's a reasonable request as birchbox threads have an FAQ on the first page of the thread. We're getting the same questions each month "how do I track by reference question?" Comes up every single month.

The answer is easily found I past threads with an easy search, yet it'll be asked every month on every page mostly since it's too time consuming to go search for the answer.

I'm aware how to track by reference but not everyone is, so the answer to this question and other repeated questions are easily answered by directing everyone to the first page of the thread, much like mods reference those talking of trades to the TOS and rules pages.
??? I didn't say the FAQ was a joke. I think we need one badly, and the repetitive questions on this thread illustrate that need.

I was referring to the most recent post in the thread.

"I have had two referral credits, and yet popsugar charged for my July box, how can I get them to use my free box status for next month? "

The answer to that question, as she phrased it, is on this page, and I wondered if she was trying to make some kind of joke about how badly we need an FAQ. Because why else would you ask a question that has already been answered on the same page? Turns out that she was asking a slightly different question.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were already subscribed last month and had your two referrals before you purchased last month, I would email them and ask whats up.  They're really nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

A FAQ would be really helpful. I feel like all the box threads should just have them anyways. 

Latest posts

Back