Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came back for this box. I'll use everything except maybe the polish. I only add lemon or lime to my water so this bottle is perfect even though I have another. Never hurts to have extra.

I know I won't like every box, but I'd hope to at least like 1 item from it.

The too faced palette from the last one I liked, but it wears off so fast I won't be using it anymore. I guess I'd rather spend my money on stuff I'll like, but it was fun to get the 2 boxes. Nice idea, but not for me.

I use a Too Face eye shadow primer that I already had and the eye shadow lasts all day for me. I live in the Midwest if that makes a difference.

That's so strange that you had problems with the Too Faced palette. I did a look with the middle row colors that matched the guide, and I was so pleasantly surprised at how well it applied, stayed on, and without primer. Even at the end of the day it didn't crease, and still looked like I just put it on. Maybe it was just a weird body chemistry thing, where results are different for everyone  :unsure:
I used the palette with no primer and had no problems. I love Too Faced. Have been so impressed every time I try their products! The last few boxes have been so great for me. So much so that my husband even agreed that it was fine for me to keep paying for the subscription (which he used to think was ridiculous, so I cancelled, but then I got a couple of free boxes from referrals and got hooked). He is going to flip when he sees how awful this months box is. He will probably bug me to cancel again... Good thing I can tell him at least that I got $10 off, but I still don't think the value is there for me this Month.

I do the ebay thing and it really pays off. I don't ever charge crazy jacked up prices, just whatever the norm seems to be. I did that for 2 items from the Fab Fit Fun box and made $50, I only paid $40 for the box and still had 7 of the 9 items in the end. It helps to justify my box addiction and honestly, I think we all find ourselves holding on to items we don't need or know inside our heads we really won't use.

But I also work in an office that has a mailroom, so getting items out isn't as much of a hassle for me as it might be for others.

I have to agree - ebay is the best for unloading your unused sub box stuff. I recently sold a whole bunch of beauty stuff in a lot and made over $300!

I used the palette with no primer and had no problems. I love Too Faced. Have been so impressed every time I try their products! The last few boxes have been so great for me. So much so that my husband even agreed that it was fine for me to keep paying for the subscription (which he used to think was ridiculous, so I cancelled, but then I got a couple of free boxes from referrals and got hooked). He is going to flip when he sees how awful this months box is. He will probably bug me to cancel again... Good thing I can tell him at least that I got $10 off, but I still don't think the value is there for me this Month.  

I have to agree - ebay is the best for unloading your unused sub box stuff. I recently sold a whole bunch of beauty stuff in a lot and made over $300!
I need to do this. Do you do auctions or buy now?

I got my box today, with an extra surprise!  They messed up and sent me two boxes instead of one.  I messaged them earlier to let them know and if they sent me a prepaid label I'd send it back.  They told me to keep it and gift it to a friend.

I'm using and loving the water bottle already, and I'll keep the extra one for my husband.  The extra eye mask I'll probably keep for when the first one gets worn out.  I like that it is lighter and thinner than most masks, and that the elastic isn't too tight.  I can't stand when they're tight, makes me feel trapped.  The extra polish and perfume and dvd I'll save for a gift sometime in the future. 

The only thing in the box I thought I'd love and wouldn't have to share...turns out I have to share after all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol.  The snack is SO good, and they taste a lot like funyuns/maui sweet onion ring chips.  My onion hating husband happens to love those chips, and he ended up loving this snack as well.  At least with the extra bag I will actually get to enjoy some before he hogs them all!  

Now the wait until next month's box goes for sale and I might pick up another gift box option.  

I got my box today, with an extra surprise!  They messed up and sent me two boxes instead of one.  I messaged them earlier to let them know and if they sent me a prepaid label I'd send it back.  They told me to keep it and gift it to a friend.

I'm using and loving the water bottle already, and I'll keep the extra one for my husband.  The extra eye mask I'll probably keep for when the first one gets worn out.  I like that it is lighter and thinner than most masks, and that the elastic isn't too tight.  I can't stand when they're tight, makes me feel trapped.  The extra polish and perfume and dvd I'll save for a gift sometime in the future. 

The only thing in the box I thought I'd love and wouldn't have to share...turns out I have to share after all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol.  The snack is SO good, and they taste a lot like funyuns/maui sweet onion ring chips.  My onion hating husband happens to love those chips, and he ended up loving this snack as well.  At least with the extra bag I will actually get to enjoy some before he hogs them all!  

Now the wait until next month's box goes for sale and I might pick up another gift box option.  
Oh my god I LOVE those sweet maui onion chips. I cannot wait to get that. And that is so awesome you got 2!! Definitely a cool surprise.

I got my box today too even though I wasn't supposed to get it until next Thursday!

I am kind of disappointed in the sleep mask. It's pretty, but there is no nose covering to keep light from creeping in, and the elastic isn't adjustable, so it will probably slide around on my head (I haven't tried it on yet). Even if it's secure, it will be loose and floppy in a week or two. I wear a sleep mask every night but I'm afraid this won't be terribly useful even though it was the thing I was most excited by.

I need to get some lemons stat so I can try out that infuser. I love lemon water so I think I will have a lot of fun with this. The DVD will be fun to try, even if I only use it a few times. I have a MacBook Air with no DVD slot so I will have to figure something out I guess. The nail polish is pretty but not really an exciting item to me since I have so much and rarely use it as is.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the perfume! I hate sunscreen smells, but I enjoy this one. Definitely not an every day scent, but the coconut and jasmine are a really nice combination, and it smells pretty vanilla-ey as well. I thought I would hate this and love the eye mask and my opinions are totally reversed.

I haven't tried the sticks yet but I've had the plain ones before and liked them, and I love those Maui chips @@normajean2008 was talking about, so I am sure they will get eaten (unlike the snack mix from last month).

This box was fairly fitness focused in my opinion so I bet we get no fitness stuff next month. My six month sub is up so I have some thinking to do!

I got my box today too even though I wasn't supposed to get it until next Thursday!

I am kind of disappointed in the sleep mask. It's pretty, but there is no nose covering to keep light from creeping in, and the elastic isn't adjustable, so it will probably slide around on my head (I haven't tried it on yet). Even if it's secure, it will be loose and floppy in a week or two. I wear a sleep mask every night but I'm afraid this won't be terribly useful even though it was the thing I was most excited by.

I need to get some lemons stat so I can try out that infuser. I love lemon water so I think I will have a lot of fun with this. The DVD will be fun to try, even if I only use it a few times. I have a MacBook Air with no DVD slot so I will have to figure something out I guess. The nail polish is pretty but not really an exciting item to me since I have so much and rarely use it as is.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the perfume! I hate sunscreen smells, but I enjoy this one. Definitely not an every day scent, but the coconut and jasmine are a really nice combination, and it smells pretty vanilla-ey as well. I thought I would hate this and love the eye mask and my opinions are totally reversed.

I haven't tried the sticks yet but I've had the plain ones before and liked them, and I love those Maui chips @@normajean2008 was talking about, so I am sure they will get eaten (unlike the snack mix from last month).

This box was fairly fitness focused in my opinion so I bet we get no fitness stuff next month. My six month sub is up so I have some thinking to do!
I wore the sleep mask last night.  There wasn't a peep of light coming through anywhere, and it stayed on my head all night without slipping around.  I have a smaller than average head size (most adult hats are too big on me, lol), and the elastic was just tight enough.  Sleep masks in the past have always slipped off my head at some point while sleeping.  It didn't have any light peeping through at the nose area either, probably because the mask is so thin and basically molds to your face when on.  As they say in "Spanglish"...Just try on!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Just got my box, yay! 

That bag of snacks is HUGE--between the PS Naturebox discount, another NB discount and these snacks, I am REALLY looking forward to 19 days from now when I can finally eat what I want again (fun oral surgery, ugh), I honestly have like 13 bags of yummy crunchy snacks just mocking me in the cabinet.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the perfume. I very very lightly sprayed it on my wrists and you can feel it's a little oily and very scenty--but actually smells good on me and that is  HUGE bottle, so I'll be smelling like summer all summer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  A little definitely goes a long way.

The nail polish, what a fun color! It's like robins eggs and turquoise had a baby, I think I'll try it this weekend.

The bottle is interesting--I'll give it a go but the quality is slightly higher than a store bought water bottle and about 5 times less thick than a nalgene--and that cap doesn't seem very waterproof, but time will tell.

The mask...looks like I bought 2 fat quarters and some lingerie elastic and sewed it up myself--the price that sells for is so ridiculously inflated for what you're getting. It's alright, but I've bought far superior masks for half the price that is listed at. Seriously, $24 so that means it took $6 to make (following the whole 4 times markup dealio which is a norm), it is honestly about $0.30 worth of material and would take all of 10 minutes to cut and sew and the pattern is very simple ( meaning that is about $1-$1.50 in labor plus $0.30 in materials, oooh, not even $2) so yeah--HUGE markup on that one. I get a little obsessive since I work in manufacturing lol But, half the price would seem more reasonable.

And the DVD--since Netflix stopped their lovely fitness videos being streamed, this will be nice. I have had some downtime due to previously mentioned oral surgery (seriously, I couldn't even flip my hair, I did it accidentally and wanted to scream) so, this will help me get back on the wagon.

Not the most disappointing box, but I think in comparison to last months which I thoroughly enjoyed, this is a downer for me.

Got mine today! Love everything in this box. Kind of disappointed the water bottle is specifically for citrus. I wanted to try it with strawberries.

Oh and I may have already ordered a sampler pack of all 6 flavors from Hi I'm Skinny. Free shipping in May with MFS0514.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE my box. Everything! PS is the perfect sub for me. I should just cancel everything but PS and Memebox, lol.

i was happy about the box until i got it and the main reason is i canceled right after april yet still got charged for May when I seen spoilers i wasnt so mad about the money i didnt want to spend until i opened my box today... the perfume is not for me it makes me smell like i just left the beach which is a smell i try to wash off as soon as I leave the beach

Got mine today! Love everything in this box. Kind of disappointed the water bottle is specifically for citrus. I wanted to try it with strawberries.

Oh and I may have already ordered a sampler pack of all 6 flavors from Hi I'm Skinny. Free shipping in May with MFS0514.
if you read the insert you can put strawberries in

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got my boxes (yes 2, because I was so pleased with March and April.) I don't even like the things I thought I would like.

I love the smell of coconut, but the perfume overpowers with jasmine for me and I really dislike that smell.

The mask is cheap seeming.

The DVD is probably fine, I'll keep that.

I prefer plain water, (but I'm glad we got the water bottle since so many of you wanted them.)

Nail polish. Ugh..Too much nail polish in these boxes. I can't wear nail polish at work and have enough in my subscription box collection to pain the toes of a thousand women.

Skinny sticks, okay I don't like the texture, but I really like the flavor. I'll eat those.

I also got the lip tint in my main box, since my resort box was very delayed. I am really excited about that. I haven't used it yet, but I think it will be awesome if it actually works as described.

So, I'll be swapping the contents from one box (sans DVD and chips) and I hope to sell the entire other box on eBay to recoup my money.

Oh well, hopefully next month will be better. But I am canceling that second sub.

Hey anyone have any tips for selling this stuff on EBay? I don't want any of it maybe the perfume and the chips and the water bottle the dvd is def going on EBay prob the silver elephant thing too ( cute but really not pratical)

Hey anyone have any tips for selling this stuff on EBay? I don't want any of it maybe the perfume and the chips and the water bottle the dvd is def going on EBay prob the silver elephant thing too ( cute but really not pratical)
take some good pictures.  List the item accurately, if you use the description from the company's website, make sure you attribute it.

list your terms of sale - when you will ship out, how you will ship, when payment will be made.  If you do not want to ship internationally, make sure you go into the section to block people from outside of the US to bid on your item.  I also block on other criteria as well, such as non paying buyer, low feedback.

you can go free shipping or not.   It is up to you.  Just remember that ebay will take a chuck of change from both their site and paypal.

good luck!  I try to sell my stuff there - but it goes in little spurts - I certainly have not sold a lot for 300 before!!  I cannot even shift one lot (worth over 130.00)  for 20.00 bucks!! 

This was my first box and I loved everything in it except the DVD, it just what get used. It should, but won't! The perfume is great, loved the eye mask and really lived the nail polish, the other stuff will get used. Overall great value for me. Got it for 10 bucks off so even better!

I canceled after I received my April box and got an email confirming my cancellation right away. I thought about resubscribing because I like everything, but I don't really need any of it and it seems silly to spend the money on stuff that probably won't get much use. Well, today I got an email saying my May box is on it's way. I checked my bank account and my card was charged $43 yesterday, even though I cancelled and I received a confirmation email saying my account is closed! I'm hoping they will refund my money because I don't really want this box (especially without a promo code). Has this happened to anyone else? I sent popsugar an email about this and I hope they respond quickly...

Latest posts

Back