Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else find the application of the OCC Polish a bit...goopy? I thought it was a little thick and the brush always had a crazy-amount of product on it. I spent a lot of time wiping off the brush. It's totally opaque after 2 coats and has been chip-free for 2 days now, which is great for me, as I usually get chips in the first 24 hours of wear with most polishes.

I love the color and the wear, I just found application to be a bit of a pain!
I'm dying to see this in person. I'm attending a conference in 2 weeks & planned my wardrobe around nail polish I haven't even seen....

All the talk about the water bottle is making me thirsty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else find the application of the OCC Polish a bit...goopy? I thought it was a little thick and the brush always had a crazy-amount of product on it. I spent a lot of time wiping off the brush. It's totally opaque after 2 coats and has been chip-free for 2 days now, which is great for me, as I usually get chips in the first 24 hours of wear with most polishes.

I love the color and the wear, I just found application to be a bit of a pain!
OCC polishes wear like iron btw. I have been obsessed with them for a while. (no pun intended)

I think the OCC polish looks almost exactly like Julep Something Blue, just a tad greener. My friend is getting married soon, I may send her Something Blue and keep the OCC.

I think the OCC polish looks almost exactly like Julep Something Blue, just a tad greener. My friend is getting married soon, I may send her Something Blue and keep the OCC.
This OCC polish is a very close dupe to Julep's Claire also.  Pool boy is a bit more saturated than Clair, but the color is pretty close.  

OCC polishes wear like iron btw. I have been obsessed with them for a while. (no pun intended)
You aren't kidding!  I put two coats of Pool Boy on yesterday morning, no base coat, no top coat.  Cleaned, went shopping, grilled at a bbq yesterday.  Today I did heavy full duty cleaning of my apt, tons of laundry, broke down a million boxes, peeled off address labels on the boxes, cleaned out a washing machine and unclogged the bathtub.  Hardly any wear on my polish!  No chips, just a couple very very faint dents here and there.  If I'd put some top coat on you wouldn't even be able to see any flaws.  

*Please keep all mentions of trading/selling to the trade threads, per the TOS. Thank you!* 

Sad I missed this box lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my box today. So happy about the infuser water bottle but ummmm....holy shite, those skinny sticks! I LOVE THEM. It's too bad the only place you can purchase them is online. I don't need a case of these things. Someone said they sort of tastes like Funyons and I agree. So good....

I just opened my box a few minutes ago and immediately could smell the perfume, which is a good thing! I use to use this body spray from Yves Rocher that was called Monoi de Tahiti or something like that and LOVED it because it smelled like sunscreen, only better. The St. Tropez Dispenser perfume is like a better version of that! Yay!

I'm also excited about the citrus zinger bottle. I just wish I had some lemons or limes laying around so I could use it tomorrow without having to run to the store.

The sleeping mask is okay. Doesn't look particularly thrilling or well made, but I'm thinking my fiance might enjoy it. He uses an old, worn out satin sleep mask we got from Bed, Bath & Beyond that has gold stars and moons on it. We call it the "sleepy princess mask". Maybe this can replace it... Haha.

OCC nail polish is pretty! But I just got a very similar polish in my Julep Maven Box this month.

Looking forward to trying the snacks, but I just ate lunch so it'll be a little while!

I just opened my box a few minutes ago and immediately could smell the perfume, which is a good thing! I use to use this body spray from Yves Rocher that was called Monoi de Tahiti or something like that and LOVED it because it smelled like sunscreen, only better. The St. Tropez Dispenser perfume is like a better version of that! Yay!

I'm also excited about the citrus zinger bottle. I just wish I had some lemons or limes laying around so I could use it tomorrow without having to run to the store.

The sleeping mask is okay. Doesn't look particularly thrilling or well made, but I'm thinking my fiance might enjoy it. He uses an old, worn out satin sleep mask we got from Bed, Bath & Beyond that has gold stars and moons on it. We call it the "sleepy princess mask". Maybe this can replace it... Haha.

OCC nail polish is pretty! But I just got a very similar polish in my Julep Maven Box this month.

Looking forward to trying the snacks, but I just ate lunch so it'll be a little while!
I remember that Yver Rocher spray! I also had a body oil or something from that line... When was that, back in the early 2000s or something?

Got my box today. So happy about the infuser water bottle but ummmm....holy shite, those skinny sticks! I LOVE THEM. It's too bad the only place you can purchase them is online. I don't need a case of these things. Someone said they sort of tastes like Funyons and I agree. So good....
I actually found them at my local store! I'm on my second bag,

Did anyone elses perfume leak? I opened the box and the smell wont go anywhere, permanently in my living room FOREVER.... The box was all damp,(For the perfume) and yeah... Smelly. I dont love the perfume either and I had such high hopes for it. lol

Really loving that infuser bottle! It got tons of comments from my co-workers, lol. I can't wait to try infusing my water with lemon, blueberries, and mint next time. Might make a quick run to the supermarket tomorrow to grab the ingredients.

Not liking that perfume though. Smell was way too strong, and I didn't even use a full spritz. 

Still loving this box! Used the mask 3x this weekend, twice on flights and 1x for a nap in my hotel. I slept like a baby. Used my infuser bottle with cucumber/lemon and strawberry/pineapple today. Loved it!! The perfume is a great scent for the day/beach/pool/summer...I'm a fan.

Looking forward to trying the nail polish, snacks & DVD. This has been one of my favorite boxes to date.

I got a bag of lemons today and tested out the infuser. I love it! I used a whole lemon when you are really just supposed to use half, but I love lemon so it was just fine by me (and then I didn't have to keep half in the fridge for later). Yum!! I don't think I will get fancy with it. Lemons will probably be about it. Maybe with frozen fruit? Would that be weird? Either way, it's super cute and I will use it.

I also tried out my Pool Boy polish. It is indeed kind of gloopy, but it looks great once applied and it's a really nice color for summer.

My snacks are long gone. The sleep mask was a dud. I have yet to try the DVD. I love the perfume and already ordered more. 4.5/5 stars for me!

I found them at my local Meijer!  And someone else said they saw them at Target.

I found them at my local Meijer!  And someone else said they saw them at Target.
Ahhh! I am gonna have to check this out... I really love those snacks. I think there is a Meijer on my way home from work!

I used my water bottle last night. I had just gone shopping and had a lemon on hand. I love it!

Has anyone who received the "apology" vbeaute lip spread tried it yet? I also tried this yesterday and i really like the tint. It's almost like a stain once the gloss wears off a bit. I might consider ordering this product in the future.

I got my box today and that infuser is even cooler than I thought it was going to be!  They sent a NICE one and I love how easily you can take it apart and wash it.  Seriously.  Water bottles are such a pain to wash but this will be SO easy!

Also...  I put on the perfume.

I absolutely love it.  I was careful to squirt only a little bit based on some of your comments in this thread.

I keep finding myself breathing in a little extra just so I can get more of the scent :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It smells AMAZING!  I *Iove* jasmine and coconut and this is a perfect marriage of the two, in my opinion.  Love.  So summery.  So beachy.  So freaking delicious smelling!

Latest posts

Back