Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wore the sleep mask last night.  There wasn't a peep of light coming through anywhere, and it stayed on my head all night without slipping around.  I have a smaller than average head size (most adult hats are too big on me, lol), and the elastic was just tight enough.  Sleep masks in the past have always slipped off my head at some point while sleeping.  It didn't have any light peeping through at the nose area either, probably because the mask is so thin and basically molds to your face when on.  As they say in "Spanglish"...Just try on!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
So I tried it out last night. I first noticed that mine had a really strong chemical odor, but that's fairly normal with new textile items and I can just wash it in a lingerie bag the next time I do laundry. It was fairly secure but I turn over frequently at night and it did slip off. My other mask has thicker elastic and stays put. You are right that it does kind of mold to your face so I didn't have as much of a problem with light seeping in as I had thought, but the fabric is so thin that I actually had light showing through it which I did not expect. I love the concept, but my other mask works so much better for me than this one did. Oh well, it was fun to try and it's really very pretty!

Got mine today! Love everything in this box. Kind of disappointed the water bottle is specifically for citrus. I wanted to try it with strawberries.

Oh and I may have already ordered a sampler pack of all 6 flavors from Hi I'm Skinny. Free shipping in May with MFS0514.
I am so tempted to do this! The only problem is that I really wouldn't eat the veggie tortilla or sweet potato flavors. I wish they had a sampler that was two bags each of the sea salt, cheddar, and onion. I am most curious about the cheddar since I have tried the sea salt and onion, but I don't want 12 bags! That's a LOT of the same flavor and I might not like it. Decisions, decisions.

ETA: I may have just finished the bag. I got my box yesterday. I am ashamed...I didn't even share! I love the flavor but the onion breath is kind of a downside.

I canceled after I received my April box and got an email confirming my cancellation right away. I thought about resubscribing because I like everything, but I don't really need any of it and it seems silly to spend the money on stuff that probably won't get much use. Well, today I got an email saying my May box is on it's way. I checked my bank account and my card was charged $43 yesterday, even though I cancelled and I received a confirmation email saying my account is closed! I'm hoping they will refund my money because I don't really want this box (especially without a promo code). Has this happened to anyone else? I sent popsugar an email about this and I hope they respond quickly...
If you have a confirmation, I am sure PopSugar will refund you! I wouldn't worry.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so tempted to do this! The only problem is that I really wouldn't eat the veggie tortilla or sweet potato flavors. I wish they had a sampler that was two bags each of the sea salt, cheddar, and onion. I am most curious about the cheddar since I have tried the sea salt and onion, but I don't want 12 bags! That's a LOT of the same flavor and I might not like it. Decisions, decisions.

ETA: I may have just finished the bag. I got my box yesterday. I am ashamed...I didn't even share! I love the flavor but the onion breath is kind of a downside.
Yeah, the veggie tortilla I'm pretty sure I'll love because I love the veggie sticks from Trader Joe's and Costco. Sweet potato I didn't think I would but someone on their facebook said they tasted like those cinammon twists as TB so I figured what the heck, might as well try it. They're kind of expensive. I considered doing the mini 100 calorie bags but I really wanted to try the cheesy ones haha.

So I tried it out last night. I first noticed that mine had a really strong chemical odor, but that's fairly normal with new textile items and I can just wash it in a lingerie bag the next time I do laundry. It was fairly secure but I turn over frequently at night and it did slip off. My other mask has thicker elastic and stays put. You are right that it does kind of mold to your face so I didn't have as much of a problem with light seeping in as I had thought, but the fabric is so thin that I actually had light showing through it which I did not expect. I love the concept, but my other mask works so much better for me than this one did. Oh well, it was fun to try and it's really very pretty!

If you have a confirmation, I am sure PopSugar will refund you! I wouldn't worry.  :)i
i canceled they wouldnt refund me all they said was sorry

Yeah, the veggie tortilla I'm pretty sure I'll love because I love the veggie sticks from Trader Joe's and Costco. Sweet potato I didn't think I would but someone on their facebook said they tasted like those cinammon twists as TB so I figured what the heck, might as well try it. They're kind of expensive. I considered doing the mini 100 calorie bags but I really wanted to try the cheesy ones haha.
I might just have to order an entire case of the cheddar ones despite my reservations. Their store locator only lists one grocery store which has since closed, so I don't think I can buy them anywhere near me. They're only $3 a bag with free shipping so it's not so bad, I just wish I could mix and match the flavors I like. Maybe I will shoot them an email.

I canceled after I received my April box and got an email confirming my cancellation right away. I thought about resubscribing because I like everything, but I don't really need any of it and it seems silly to spend the money on stuff that probably won't get much use. Well, today I got an email saying my May box is on it's way. I checked my bank account and my card was charged $43 yesterday, even though I cancelled and I received a confirmation email saying my account is closed! I'm hoping they will refund my money because I don't really want this box (especially without a promo code). Has this happened to anyone else? I sent popsugar an email about this and I hope they respond quickly...
this happened to me too all i got was an im sorry hope you get a better response.... 

I might just have to order an entire case of the cheddar ones despite my reservations. Their store locator only lists one grocery store which has since closed, so I don't think I can buy them anywhere near me. They're only $3 a bag with free shipping so it's not so bad, I just wish I could mix and match the flavors I like. Maybe I will shoot them an email.
Yeah, they don't even have them in my state. They have them in my hometown at this fancy grocery store I've never actually been to so I might see what the price is there when I visit next month. I wanted to buy different flavors but it seemed so expensive.

this happened to me too all i got was an im sorry hope you get a better response....
Oh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Did it happen this month? Well since I have a confirmation of the closed account, I might file a claim with my bank because it was an unauthorized charge. I've had a good experience with Popsugar's customer service in the past, so I hope they will make this right.

Got my Box today! Much earlier than I usually get it, too! I was torn on whether or not I would like this box, but now that I have it in my hands, I think I enjoy it overall!

Snack- Oh gosh. Yes. Love these. Give me ALL the flavors! I lurked their site and I'm totally buying the sample pack because all the flavors sound amazzinngg!

Water Bottle- This is something I would probably never purchase myself, but I love the whole idea behind it, and I usually don't like flavored water, so this might be a fun and easy way to try infused water. Plus it's an easy way to have lemon iced tea! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sleep Mask- Will I use it? Probs. Is it super cheap-feeling and has weird wonky stitches around the edge that make it look like it was made by a child? Yep. If I paid $24 for this I would be pretty angry. But hey...the idea behind it is cute and can't fault PopSugar for the lack of quality.

DVD- Not going to lie- I don't really "do" fitness routines. I normally put on my fitbit and go briskly walk around my neighborhood or go window shopping at the mall. However, I've been incorporating more fitness/healthy stuff into my life lately, so since this was pretty much placed in my lap, I'll give it a go!

Polish- YES. Let me dive into your waters, oh super gorgeous polish! This shade gets me so pumped for Summer, and I love that OCC partnered with PopSugar!

Perfume- I didn't know how I would feel about this perfume, but I really, really enjoy it. I definitely think it's one of those scents that's a complete hit or miss for people. Not to mention that this scent just screams SUMMERTIME BEACHES SUNGLASSES AND DAQUIRIS and that makes me super happy. I love that I only need a teeny spritz and I can smell it so strongly! I also love that this company offers a huge variety of sizes (including sample vials!) so I can try out their other scents. If all their perfumes are this potent, sign me up! I love buying a scent and knowing it will last me forever!

Overall? This box was a win for me!

Got mine today! Love everything in this box. Kind of disappointed the water bottle is specifically for citrus. I wanted to try it with strawberries.

Oh and I may have already ordered a sampler pack of all 6 flavors from Hi I'm Skinny. Free shipping in May with MFS0514.
It works with strawberries!  Just cut the green parts off, and cut them into pieces to fit into the bottom, and add your water.  I used strawberries in it last night and it was great.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Perfume- I didn't know how I would feel about this perfume, but I really, really enjoy it. I definitely think it's one of those scents that's a complete hit or miss for people. Not to mention that this scent just screams SUMMERTIME BEACHES SUNGLASSES AND DAQUIRIS and that makes me super happy. I love that I only need a teeny spritz and I can smell it so strongly! I also love that this company offers a huge variety of sizes (including sample vials!) so I can try out their other scents. If all their perfumes are this potent, sign me up! I love buying a scent and knowing it will last me forever!
I just ordered some other perfumes from this company (one sample vial and two travel sizes). I was so pleasantly surprised when I smelled the St. Tropez! People said "sunscreen" and I was like "ew, blech" but it definitely smells way better than sunscreen to me. Hopefully I like the other ones just as much (or more)!

Also, good idea about the lemon iced tea!!

LOVE the infuser! I have been drinking so much water it's amazing. I've tried  it with green apples chunks, raspberry (little messy but yummy), strawberry, and lime.

I  made up a new recipe today that I love: I added a big lemon half in the bottom and then a raspberry lemonade crystal light mix to the top (cheating, maybe, but I'm ok with that) and it makes the mix so much better. Gives it a tang and tastes like the best lemonade.

Those skinny snack sticks are so good that I've eaten them all nearly. I've got to order more.

I also got two boxes this time around...but I did not receive my lip balm for the resort box mishaps. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I have that zinger bottle from a Fancy subscription a year ago.

I also have an almost identical color of Julep

The skinny fries will get eaten but are definitely not my fave.. I will probably order their other flavors though.

I will probably use the workout video.

I can't do sleep masks

and I LOVE the beach spray but I am a fragrance addict so while I like it, I can definitely see why it is overpowering for many. 

in the words of Meatloaf (yeah, probably too young to be quoting him..) .... 2 out of 6 ain't bad?

I haven't really been able to keep up with this thread but I know a lot of accounts were reactivated under the assumption that your box would be covered by referral credit. Mine was one of these accounts I have previously (last year) received 6 free boxes so I thought it was odd that my account was reactivated. So I emailed PS explaining the situation, long story short before they could get back to me I was charged for the box and it has shipped.

This is their response to me

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out. You were charged for your May box as all of your referral credits have been redeemed. We do apologize for the confusion but we'd be more than happy to send you an extra item as a remedy for the confusion. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we'd be more than happy to assist.

Best,

POPSUGAR Support

Really not happy with this canned response since they were the ones who reactivated my account and all. For future reference though if you have received 6 free boxes your capped out no matter how many more people you refer.

It seems like they should be rewarding people with big referrals more, else there's not so much reason to promote them after you get six boxes. 

My May box arrived at last, and I'm happy with it. 

Infuser bottle: seems well made, can't wait to try it. 

Skinny sticks: hated these, but everyone else here loved them. 

Video: seems too advanced for me, not sure if I will keep or trade

St. Tropez Dispenser: love it as a room spray

Sleep mask: looking forward to trying it, love that it's so soft

Nail polish: I like the colour and the brand is new to me

I have one of those sound machines that sounds like the ocean, to help me sleep. I think tonight I'll spray my pillow with the perfume and try out the eye mask. Maybe it'll fool me into thinking I'm by the sea!

I'm actually really glad I ended up getting this box. Here's are my thoughts:

Infuser - Love it! I've got lemon, cucumber, mint in it right now.

Mask - Ehh might use it, bf and I will be moving in together soon and he'll probably have to get up early so it might be good for those days.

Perfume - LOVE IT! I can't believe as a former perfume hater that I love the smell of this. But coconuts, jasmine, and suntan lotion is a great combination in my opinion.

Snack - So good! I may have to buy more because I'm probably going to go through this bag by myself in a few days.

Polish - I like the color, but I have yet to swatch it to see how it actually looks and how the formula is.

DVD - I know I should use this, but I just don't think I will. Will probably swap it.

Did anyone else find the application of the OCC Polish a bit...goopy? I thought it was a little thick and the brush always had a crazy-amount of product on it. I spent a lot of time wiping off the brush. It's totally opaque after 2 coats and has been chip-free for 2 days now, which is great for me, as I usually get chips in the first 24 hours of wear with most polishes.

I love the color and the wear, I just found application to be a bit of a pain!

Latest posts

Back