Popsugar Must Have May 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like the email may have accidentally been sent to everyone, even if you're already subscribed. I'm sure they'll send an apology email once they figure out who received it by mistake.

It sounds like the email may have accidentally been sent to everyone, even if you're already subscribed. I'm sure they'll send an apology email once they figure out who received it by mistake.
I think so too. Because I got the e-mail as well. I checked my account and I am still subscribed and on schedule to receive the May box. I also have a free box credit, so I sent them an e-mail just to make sure everything is a-OK. I don't think anyone should panic. Just send them an e-mail and make sure you received the message in error and that you're still scheduled to get a May box. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm maybe this is their way to not have an argument over their comfirming email mistake they sent out on the 1/2 price boxes? Something about putting in the confirmation email that ""you have signed up for a monthly subscribtion for $19.97, including free shipping."

I don't know if it was an accidental email, but my account was closed, even though I had not closed it.

I hope they get this figured out for you all! Whenever I use a code, I just do a one-month gift subscription so I don't have to worry about getting charged again. Personally, I'm waiting for another 1/2 off code, lol.

I hope they get this figured out for you all! Whenever I use a code, I just do a one-month gift subscription so I don't have to worry about getting charged again. Personally, I'm waiting for another 1/2 off code, lol.
They do this? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll have to keep my eye out! I've always wanted a Popsugar box but it's never in the cards...

@@elizabethrose yes! I used it for both the February and April boxes. To my knowledge, you just need separate email addresses for the "sender" and "receiver".
Oh that's a doable thing ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm definitely gonna have to take advantage of this!!  Thanks for the info :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if it was an accidental email, but my account was closed, even though I had not closed it.
Yes, same thing here, Mine says closed and I never closed it.  I also reached the influencer status meaning I should be getting a May box for free for referring 2 people.  I received the email on April 23, that I'll be receiving one free month.  It didn't specify which month.  So, I emailed them back since it hasn't' reflected on my acct. At that time, my account was saying 'Next Shipment - May Box'  and status/next payment was May 2014',  Now, this status/next payment is closed, of course, I didn't close it. 

This is their response on Apr 24 about me asking if  I'll be getting the May box for free:

Thanks for reaching out. Your bonus box won't be reflected on your account until it is redeemed. There's no way of knowing if you'll upgrade or cancel before the next month, so until the credits are used, you won't see it reflected on your next payment. As long as your account remains active, you will receive your bonus box in May. =Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we'd be more than happy to assist!

Best,

POPSUGAR Support

I shouldn't be resubbing for May, correct? I thought if I just keep it active it will say payment n/a  and they will automatically send the free box. 

I can't believe there hasn't been a spoiler yet! I was going to wait to see before resubbing, but I couldn't help it! I used the Awesome10 code and have had no problems using codes for the past couple of months on the same account.

Spoilers before someone gets their box are rare. PopSugar has only done it a few times and last month we got the spoiler because they were featured on that news show.

$40 (or $30 with the code) is so much to pay for something that you aren't even sure you are going to love. The only reason I got my first Popsugar box last month was because I saw all the spoilers and had to have it. Even though I paid $20, I would have paid $30 for it. I've looked over some of the previous month's contents and I just wasn't sold enough to subscribe blindly.

I think they release spoilers only if sales are low. Personally, I'm dying for a spoiler because I have that Ruelala coupon code to use for either the May or June box and, if I don't have to, I don't want to go in blindly not having any spoilers!

I have found that even though $40 is a lot of money to spend on something that you're unsure of it is almost ALWAYS worth it. The Too Faced palette that we got last month retails for $36, if you bought that online, with shipping that's pretty much the same price as the box. I don't expect to love everything that I get in my box, that's part of the fun. It also gives me a chance to try new products and I haven't actually bought anyone's birthday present in FOREVER because of these boxes. Even though the Jurlique serum isn't great it's going to be a fantastic mother's day present! I'm so excited for the May box! 

I have found that even though $40 is a lot of money to spend on something that you're unsure of it is almost ALWAYS worth it. The Too Faced palette that we got last month retails for $36, if you bought that online, with shipping that's pretty much the same price as the box. I don't expect to love everything that I get in my box, that's part of the fun. It also gives me a chance to try new products and I haven't actually bought anyone's birthday present in FOREVER because of these boxes. Even though the Jurlique serum isn't great it's going to be a fantastic mother's day present! I'm so excited for the May box! 
I agree...while it IS pretty expensive for me and my current budget, I have always found it worth it. And, I just really like the variety of items. I wish there were more lifestyle boxes that included home items as well as beauty/fashion. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey Guys, just a quick update on the e-mail we all received:

I e-mailed PopSugar and inquired about why they sent me the e-mail that said, "don't miss out on may's box" blah blah blah.

They didn't specify whether or not sending it to me was an accident, but they assured me I was still subscribed, still receiving the May box, and getting it for free due to my referrals. So yay!

If you're unsure or worried, just shoot them an e-mail. They got back to me in about 24 hours.

I did receive an email from them and they said that the Channel7 promotion was a one-time deal for April and that's why it was closed. 

So...in my humble opinion, they should have stated that somewhere. I didn't see anything related to it being a 1 box sub. 

I am dying for a spoiler.  Ordered this month with the  10 dollars off then cancelled.   Will order with another coupon   next time  .

i was waiting for a spoiler then today i receive a text from my bank i got a charge for 39.95 go look at my account it shows closed but that may is shipping... I am so mad right now because I was not expecting that charge because i literally closed my account right after last months box shipped.

Latest posts

Back